Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Flash on clash plus clash sound bugs out/stops working after a few hits ObsV4  (Read 1389 times)
CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« on: June 02, 2016, 08:52:54 PM »

Hi all! I was wondering if anyone's had this issue before. I have a War Glaive with the emerald driver and Obsidian V4 soundboard and it works fine most of the time, but after being on some time and hitting something to achieve a clashing effect, it no longer can perform flash on clash or make the clash sound, while all other functions work perfectly fine. This problem solves itself after turning it off and on again, and clash starts working once again. However, after persistently hitting it quite a few times, it happens once again. I'm pretty sure it's not a connection problem of the impact detector, since all cables seem to be fine and I'm pretty sure it would get systematically solved after restarting the saber, so maybe it's the software?

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, any solutions? Apart from the obvious send it back for repair. It's not a huge deal since everything else works fine, and sending it back for repair taking into account I live in Spain is a bit expensive in terms of postage, so I'd find it a bit redundant =S

Thank you everyone in advance!

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

CyberKyber
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -432

« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2016, 03:07:31 PM »

SOLVED!

Update, apparently it was the software. The lower the minimum time between impacts and the impact debouncing time settings, the more likely it is to bug and not register clashes properly. This is probably due to the saber detecting too many impacts and trying to show them all at once, bugging itself just after. When I set these two to near zero and tried to ignite the saber, it tried to show the ignition sound, but it was interrupted by many clashing sounds and a lot of flashing all mixed together and didn't show flash on clash again after that.

If you ever have this problem, raise the settings of these two a bit, do not let despair take over you! Tongue

Lightsabers:
Counterfeit/Violent Darth Vader lightsaber (ROTJ look)- reaper emitter, warglaive body, T-grips, Heiland/MPP activation clamp -
Emerald driver + Obsidian V4 - Crimson red
Menace SE staff - BR
Chosen Once CE - Obs V4 Deep Red (custom)
Graflex SE - Obs V4 GB
Archon V3.1 - Obs V4 Viridian green (custom lime+cyan)
War glaive/reaper hybrid, raven style - Deep Red/FO
Custom Prophecy V3 (Anakin AotC) -Medium Blue (custom)
Dominix V3 LE - CG
Apprentice LE (with black grip) - VA
Aeon V3 - TRI GB
Dominix V2 - SD

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: