Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Niagara Falls ComiCon 2016 - summary.  (Read 2893 times)
Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« on: June 06, 2016, 12:43:31 PM »

CON REPORT:Niagara Falls ComiCon 2016

After months of planning, scheming, and pacing, NFCC 2016 finally arrived!

Until it, I had only ever attended the Sunday of a con for a few hours. It was cool.

This was amazing! Being there for the Saturday is completely different.  I saw so many awesome costumes and objects, and met an absolute plethora of dynamite people. Smiley

I finally got to see the 501st march by!

The con was run very well, and was well organised, but I do have one complaint.  On the Saturday the venue parking lot was full, so we had to park a good four blocks away, pay double, and proceed to walk in our now soaked in sweat costumes (JediCosmo was in a fur suit - I can't imagine).  Then once we got there, we had to stand in line to get in, since the venue was at capacity.  I was annoyed to say the least.  I purchased tickets for this particular event months ago, and felt that I should have at least had first crack at venue parking for that.  No. Evidently pre-purchasing tickets only gets you into a shorter line. O_o

I took a whole bunch of pics, and compiled them into two slideshows - set to music. Tongue
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhIrlIOYo1E" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhIrlIOYo1E</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LjDmRCT5Vg" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LjDmRCT5Vg</a>

Nylora donned her Harley Quinn costume on Saturday, and JediCosmo (dressed as Ares) put on Sith attire.

We saw a bunch of Ultra Sabers, and I got to hold a Flamberge - nice. Smiley

Our costumes were a hit, and we all posed for a ton of pics ourselves.  We also handed out a number of US business cards to folks who were blown away by ours...lol

We all had a tremendous amount of fun, and it was spectacular having JediCosmo stay here for a couple of nights.

Looking forward to the next event...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2016, 01:13:31 PM »

Nice! Point to you good sir

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 01:22:00 PM »

Great fun, thank you for put the show together for us Smiley
I wish I could attend a con once...

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 03:04:25 PM »

Thank you both. I'm glad you liked it.

medwyn, why can't you?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 04:06:47 PM »

medwyn, why can't you?

I have to work on weekends (funny schedule) and my days off are on weekdays.
It means I usually miss every social events but in return I can avoid the weekend crowd on Tue or Wed when I visit a nice place Smiley
Fortunately the Secret Cinema Star Wars was on a weekday last year and it gave me a good amount of fuel to live with until another SW event I can attend.
And your pics Smiley

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 05:22:40 PM »

I have to work on weekends (funny schedule) and my days off are on weekdays.
It means I usually miss every social events but in return I can avoid the weekend crowd on Tue or Wed when I visit a nice place Smiley
Fortunately the Secret Cinema Star Wars was on a weekday last year and it gave me a good amount of fuel to live with until another SW event I can attend.
And your pics Smiley
Well that blows.  With your moves, you'd be a total hit (pardon the pun).

It is con season though. I expect a lot more people will be posting pics. Smiley

Nylora
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -40

I mean, whatever.

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 12:15:37 AM »

CON REPORT:Niagara Falls ComiCon 2016

After months of planning, scheming, and pacing, NFCC 2016 finally arrived!

Until it, I had only ever attended the Sunday of a con for a few hours. It was cool.

This was amazing! Being there for the Saturday is completely different.  I saw so many awesome costumes and objects, and met an absolute plethora of dynamite people. Smiley

I finally got to see the 501st march by!

The con was run very well, and was well organised, but I do have one complaint.  On the Saturday the venue parking lot was full, so we had to park a good four blocks away, pay double, and proceed to walk in our now soaked in sweat costumes (JediCosmo was in a fur suit - I can't imagine).  Then once we got there, we had to stand in line to get in, since the venue was at capacity.  I was annoyed to say the least.  I purchased tickets for this particular event months ago, and felt that I should have at least had first crack at venue parking for that.  No. Evidently pre-purchasing tickets only gets you into a shorter line. O_o

I took a whole bunch of pics, and compiled them into two slideshows - set to music. Tongue
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhIrlIOYo1E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LjDmRCT5Vg

Nylora donned her Harley Quinn costume on Saturday, and JediCosmo (dressed as Ares) put on Sith attire.

We saw a bunch of Ultra Sabers, and I got to hold a Flamberge - nice. Smiley

Our costumes were a hit, and we all posed for a ton of pics ourselves.  We also handed out a number of US business cards to folks who were blown away by ours...lol

We all had a tremendous amount of fun, and it was spectacular having JediCosmo stay here for a couple of nights.

Looking forward to the next event...

Love the slideshows! We had so much fun, thanks for letting me attend with you!

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 08:46:45 AM »

Love the slideshows! We had so much fun, thanks for letting me attend with you!
Thanks. Smiley

It wouldn't have been the same without you, and your HQ outfit was a smash hit!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: