Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Darth Bane RGB  (Read 3978 times)
toddshogun
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -6

Once more the Sith will rule the galaxy

« on: January 15, 2011, 06:45:43 AM »

I got my Bane in the mail today so I thought I'd do a video review of it. The 2-part review I did features various demos of the saber with blade unattached, lights-on and lights off demos with both a clear mid-grade blade and a white UltraEdge mid-grade blade. Also did a couple of side-by-sides with stock Force-FX sabers to show some pluses and minuses.

Overall I'm very pleased with the saber.  The RGB functionality is worth the extra 90 bucks and the extra 2 inches of hilt makes this as cool as wielding a single-bladed saber staff.  This thing looks and (with the MR Sith soundboard installed) sounds mean.  What a bad-ass saber!

You can watch my 2-part video review on YouTube, but here's a summary:

What's Hot
The extra-long, semi-saberstaff hilt
Flipping through the 7 RGB colors - is it me or do they mix differently depending on which color is on first?
Sith soundboard
The Red and Purple colors -- both very bright
I recommend using an UltraEdge mid-grade blade for the best color and brightness

There's not a lot that's not....the blue color seemed the most dim for this saber, which could be why the purple seems more pink at the end of the blade (the red is very strong on this saber, easily the strongest/brightest color). In the videos the purple actually looks purple, but in real life it's more of a reddish purple. The green and yellow/gold colors are also impressive. Unfortunately when you mix all three together you get silver only for about 9" up the blade, then it turns to a slight reddish color (again most likely because of the strong red).  So if you're a Sith saber fan like me, this is the one to get with the Sith soundboard. If not then you might want to get the red resistored down or go single-color (but then you get the shorter hilt....). The only other issue I noticed was the clash effect can only be triggered by hitting the bottom half of the hilt, not so much near the emitter and not gonna happen hitting the blade. Is this normal?

Video review part 1 - Demo with no blade and then with clear mid-grade blade
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9kZ0SquITI" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9kZ0SquITI</a>

Video review part 2 - Demo with Ultra Edge blade; comparisons with red and blue stock Force-FX sabers
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxHhWNaN0Oc" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxHhWNaN0Oc</a>

When I compared the red to a stock Force-FX red saber (a Ventress in this case), the red on the Bane was fuller and brighter, especially with the UltraEdge blade...wow!  The blue on the other hand was not as bright as a stock blue Force-FX saber (an HFX Anakin with fixed blade). I compared it to my really bright stock MR Luke ANH (not in video) and it was much less brighter even with the UltraEdge. Also not in the video, I compared the green with my stock MR Luke ROTJ and it was pretty close in terms of brightness with the UltraEdge.  All demos and comparisons were done with fresh Energizer batteries.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:48:48 AM by toddshogun » Logged

I've gotta super secret Darth Bane project in the works. "Hyper Bane" will be the brightest loudest Bane produced.

My Ultrasabers Bane RGB:
Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9kZ0SquITI
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxHhWNaN0Oc

Lord_BoOgEyMaN
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -23

The Sith Shall Rise again!

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 07:49:45 AM »

-Drools- I want one so badly!!

Dark Initiate V2 (2) Blazing red

Luckyjack
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 12:16:02 AM »

Nice work ! Great to see the real time comparisons of the RGB.

Lucky Jack

Stable :
- Rattlesnake (Consular Green, Mid Ultra Edge Blade)
- Redemption (Consular Green, Mid Ultra Edge Blade)

Amanita
Knight Captain

Force Alignment: 39

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 04:31:40 AM »

I just ordered my own RGB Bane, I'll be sure to post a review!

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 01:14:42 AM »

Fantastic review!

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Eternus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 12:19:34 AM »

I have noticed (I have no scientific reason why it would happen) that Hasbro and MR FX boards go through what I call a 'break-in' period with the sounds. The clash in particular. Just give it some time and it'll be fine. Enjoy brother! I just ordered mine a few days ago! Can't wait!

Dark Side points preferred

Catalyst blazing red
Oppressor guardian blue
Aggressor fire orange
Enforcer sunriders destiny
Bane RGB

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 02:15:07 AM »

Very nice review.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Hett
Knight Apprentice

the end is among us

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 08:07:20 AM »

does any body know if you can make a bane staff with mhs parts

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 10:21:39 PM »

does any body know if you can make a bane staff with mhs parts

Yes. Just get the coupler from TCSS. It has slots, so if one(or both) of your Bane's have sound, it'll still be loud. But that'll be one HUGE staff.

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

Darth Hett
Knight Apprentice

the end is among us

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2011, 08:40:40 AM »

that would be probably the coolest saber staff on "earth"

rezolution
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2011, 07:39:20 PM »

is it me or do they mix differently depending on which color is on first?

Haha yeah, the colors do look different.  It's because your eye gets saturated with whatever you were looking at first.  for instance, if you turn on Red+Blue and stare at the Magenta color for 10 seconds, then turn on Green, it will look pure white.

If you turn on Green+Blue and stare at Cyan for ten seconds, then turn on R, it will look light pink (instead of white).

Every time Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: