Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Career Up and Going  (Read 1405 times)
Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« on: June 12, 2016, 05:57:01 AM »

So after about two months of searching and being told no by at least 40 businesses, I landed a job at a new manufacturing plant near me. I was one of two welders hired so far until we get the place up and running. I worked my ass off learning my craft and it's finally paying off.

I get paid $5/hr over the average, 5 hours of overtime per week (possibly more soon), full benefits, 401k, and I get the opportunity to help build this company from the ground up. I get to run around like crazy and leave work looking like a coal miner. (I hate standing around) And once we are up and running, I'm looking at a big pay increase, or as my boss said "Once we start really producing, I can start paying you two real money."

Not bad for a 22 year old college drop out haha.

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 06:09:02 AM »

Awesome...congratulations!!!  Have you had a chance to try your skills on the job yet? Smiley

And don't berate yourself for not finishing college.  Too many people have no understanding of what goes into the trades, and think college is the only route to a "good" job.  As for me, I know just enough to know I have neither the eye nor the mind nor the temperament for the work you do.

Can't wait to hear how work went!

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Abaddon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 96

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2016, 06:25:01 AM »

Awesome...congratulations!!!  Have you had a chance to try your skills on the job yet? Smiley

And don't berate yourself for not finishing college.  Too many people have no understanding of what goes into the trades, and think college is the only route to a "good" job.  As for me, I know just enough to know I have neither the eye nor the mind nor the temperament for the work you do.

Can't wait to hear how work went!

I did nothing but weld all week this week haha. I love it! Work my ass off non-stop all day and come home with a sense of accomplishment!

I wasn't berating myself haha. It was a joke on the mentality you described  Wink

If anyone ever tries to kill you, you try and kill 'em right back.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 02:20:38 PM »

So glad to hear you're enjoying it!

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades