Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What is a "TRI" color?  (Read 5494 times)
Stone37
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 82

« on: June 14, 2016, 06:50:20 PM »

I have been looking everywhere to find the visual difference for "TRI" colors or a better description than:
 Tri Blazing Red, Tri Consular Green, Tri Guardian Blue, Tri Fire Orange, and Tri Adegan Silver are all made using Tri Cree LEDs with all three diodes wired together. [Not compatible with Flash on Clash]

What are the advantages of a TRI color over a standard?  Why choose this option?

Thank you in advance...

Landen Se-Sentien
Shadow Sentinel of the Manticore Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1828

I work in the Darkness in service of the Light

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 07:25:00 PM »

They are three bulbs, while the standard and emerald setups only have one bulb. The result is a brighter bulb. Some people guess it's about 20-30% brighter.

The trade off is that it can't do any of the color changing effects like flash on clash or emerald style color changes.

Why would you choose this option? To have the brightest blade possible. Why not choose it? If you want an emerald saber or flash on clash.

Signature banner by DarthScrub

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2016, 07:25:25 PM »

TRi  LED is three diodes of light rather than just one.   They tend to be noticeably brighter than a standard LED.    The down side is that the TRI is limited to the one color only, so it cannot be set for Flash on Clash at all (which would be a second color for FX use).

The TRI is for people that want really bright lightsabers and are willing to give up on having Flash on Clash to get it.  It also brings some colors that can be muted by the heavy grade blades into fully bright beams of light.  Also it over comes the narrow neck of the Archon v3.1 light restriction.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Stone37
Knight Officer

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2016, 08:44:36 PM »

So if one was thinking about using color disks, TRI silver would be the best option?

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 09:01:02 PM »

So if one was thinking about using color disks, TRI silver would be the best option?

Yes - but (there's always a but), honestly - I would only suggest this if you primarily want a Silver blade with the option for color once in a while, as the gels do cause you to have a dimmer blade.

If you primarily want color mixing - you would be much better served getting an Emerald saber, even if it means waiting longer to save up for it.

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Stone37
Knight Officer

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 09:15:30 PM »

Thank you all.  I'm thinking about a Green or a Blue blade and wasn't sure exactly what the TRI color would honestly do for the appearance.

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 11:27:44 PM »

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=30189.0

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

Scope
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 20

:|

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2016, 12:52:14 AM »

When I went for a no-sound Stunt Saber I chose TRI-Blazing Red.

If I get one with sound I'm going with the standard as I'll want flash on clash.

>:/

Owned: 

Scorpion (Emerald (RGBW), Obsidian V4)
Manticore (Guardian Blue, Obsidian LITE)
Dark Initiate LE v4 Stunt Saber (Tri-Blazing Red)
Dark Mantis (Blazing Red, Obsidian v4)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: