Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tabletop Roleplaying Games??  (Read 5696 times)
Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2016, 10:04:47 AM »

Just read "Empire of Imagination"  A biography about Gary Gygax it goes over pretty well the madness of the early and late 80's.  I was a player in that time period glad it's gone.  I still don't like Tom Hanks because of his role in Mazes and Monsters.  Thankfully my parents though worried let us play.  Still playing 34 years later with mostly the same guys. 
Ever wanna talk AD&D I'm always available. 

Yeah !!!!! Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2016, 04:59:15 PM »

We are going to start a new campaign in D&D 3.5 system ... and the DM asked us for thinking about our character.

I think i will try to create a kind of blind Monk/Warrior fighting with a staff ... (Ok, i am a little inspired by the trailer of Rogue One  Grin )

So, i can have access to many books including "Oriental Adventures" ... so i think i will play a Sohei ...

I have a question for you guys, have you ever played a blind character??? How was it? The DM ask me for idea to make this character fun to play Wink

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

TheDarkOpossum
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -94

A Sith with a heart of gold

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2016, 04:01:32 PM »

We are going to start a new campaign in D&D 3.5 system ... and the DM asked us for thinking about our character.

I think i will try to create a kind of blind Monk/Warrior fighting with a staff ... (Ok, i am a little inspired by the trailer of Rogue One  Grin )

So, i can have access to many books including "Oriental Adventures" ... so i think i will play a Sohei ...

I have a question for you guys, have you ever played a blind character??? How was it? The DM ask me for idea to make this character fun to play Wink

One of the campaign worlds my table is running is in an Eastern setting -- it's a lot of fun.

I've never personally played a blind character, though from a roleplaying perspective, a blind character would be an easier one to play -- sure, you'd take some penalties for certain game mechanics, but at least your abilities to interact with your party members would be largely unencumbered (which wouldn't be the case with, say, a deaf and/or mute character).  I think it would make for an interesting character for sure.

Cosplayer, Ecdysiast, and Variety Arts Performer
Tabletop Roleplayer for Life

Dark Apprentice v4 Staff - Violet Amethyst - Dahkali Vlakuhs (Twilight)/Clirnye'ata (Serenity)
Emerald Dark War Glaive - Dark Violet Amethyst x2 - The Doom Stick (working title)
Obsidian Consular - Consular Green/Adegan Silver FOC - Raffle Prize

Wishlist:
Catalyst, Chosen One CE, Archon v3.1, Raven

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2016, 07:06:29 PM »

One of the campaign worlds my table is running is in an Eastern setting -- it's a lot of fun.

I've never personally played a blind character, though from a roleplaying perspective, a blind character would be an easier one to play -- sure, you'd take some penalties for certain game mechanics, but at least your abilities to interact with your party members would be largely unencumbered (which wouldn't be the case with, say, a deaf and/or mute character).  I think it would make for an interesting character for sure.

I think that it should ne interesting Wink

Finally i will play a monk with some penalties but the DM is open to this idea ... it will be fun Tongue

What is the plot of your Eastern Setting campaign ?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: