Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What celebrity must be like  (Read 1728 times)
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 16

+ rebel, rebel +

« on: June 22, 2016, 08:23:00 PM »

So, last evening I took my wife to Disney Springs for dinner at an Irish restaurant/bar.  For those not familiar, Disney Springs is a publicly accessible outdoor shopping and dining center.  After eating, we walked eastward along the lake shore, browsing in shops along the way.  Right from the start, there were three Miss USA contestants who were heading in the same general direction.  You don't see that every day!

As we proceeded, we saw how people were acting around these three pretty young ladies.  (Emphasis on young; I was shocked by how young they look).  Repeatedly, they were asked to pose for pictures with strangers and they were really, really good sports about it.  But soon it became apparent the downside of celebrity.  Their many interactions with the public were so one-sided with everyone wanting a piece of them, offering nothing in return.

By the time they reached a character statue which they wanted to pose with for their own pictures, I had seen enough and was quite willing to do something that I never do: offer to photograph all of them with their camera.  Just then, a young guy moves in ahead of me and I'm thinking yeah, you sly son of a gun, here's your opportunity--go for it!

What does he do?  He asks Miss ____ to take his iPhone and take a picture of him with the other two!  WTH?  Call me slow, but I just didn't see that coming.  Well, at least everyone was consistent.   Grin

I'm sure with all the star contact that happens at the cons, that there's much more insight out there as to what it must be like to be a celebrity, what makes them bite their tongue and what they appreciate.

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 08:42:53 PM »

Some fans...

This is why, for example, I am worried that people like Adam Driver are going to end up put off enough by fans to quit interacting if they want their lives to be normal.  A lot of people who aren't...pardon me, but who aren't up themselves about being famous, don't want this kind of garbage.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 02:18:34 AM »

People need to think..celebs are people with Jobs..just like those of us not in the lime light.  You see a celeb and have an opportunity to speak to them..just say hello and tell them you enjoy their work and bid them good day. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 02:46:01 AM »

I live in semi socal, and when I do venture into parts of LA, Malibu for work, if I see someone famous within talking distance, I just tell them hi if they are paying attention, which most of the time they are just like us, minding their own business. I've never asked for a picture or autograph. Kinda rude, plus, WTH am I going to do with it?? I've met many "celebs", they're normal folk, if you treat them normal. I did come across a few ppl who were not too friendly, but that's anyone.
Nice people who I spoke with:
Milana Vayntrub
Salma Hayek
Quincey Jones
Wayne Gretzky
Scott Erikson and wife Lisa Guerrero
Ralph Lawler
Joanie Lauer aka Chyna(RIP)
Kim Kardashian, WAY BEFORE KUWTK. I actually tbought she was Nicole scherzinger, the pansycat doll singer. I wouldn't say talked, she commented on how cool my shirt was(some funny shirt with a saying)

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: