• Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Hope  (Read 1652 times)
imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« on: October 03, 2011, 07:06:25 PM »

A new story for a new saber and the current events.  Also a little cross-over action with green lantern comics.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope

With Redemption at his side, he made his way back to the Jedi Council on Coruscant.  He knew he would not be welcomed back warmly.  There at the gates Master Yoda stood with Master Plo Koon.  They did not seem apprehensive of the prodigal Jedi.  How did they know he was coming?

"A ripple in the Force, felt we.  A piercing light, through shrouded darkness, we saw.  And your return with it"
Master yoda explained, obviously sensing the young Jedi's anxiety.

Master Plo Koon Stepped forward

"Come Jedi, you have returned home again.  But your return has come at a bad time.  Some one is targeting the Jedi and their families.  Although we teach not to have attachments, some are having a tough time with it.  Perhaps during your journey to redemption, you have learned something about transforming pain into something more positive, that you can pass on to the other Jedi."

Master Plo Koon continued,

"Also i have some distressing news regarding your master, he has passed on during your time on the dark side.  He never lost his faith in you, and knew you would return.  He has left you a holocron and a gift in his quarters"

His timing could not be any worse.  Jedi are in a state of emotional distress, and what's more his master has passed into the force.  He feels a guilt for his master's passing, because just maybe if he had not left in the first place he would have been able to help his master.  He could not dwell on these thoughts for it would lead him down an all to familiar path.

In his master's quarters he finds a holocron and small rectangular box.  He played the holocron and his master's words filled the room.

"My dear padawan, I regret that I have not taught you enough to turn away from the dark side. As i record this grief strikes at my heart.  In the box that you have received along with this holocron is my lightsaber."

He opened the box, to find his master's lightsaber, which to his surprised looked like his own in every aspect, except that it was longer and had 2 points along the hilt where it was thinner, allowing for a tighter grip.  He turned it on to find it was still that brilliant blue he remembered seeing in his travels with his master.  For some reason it always felt more different than the other Guardian's blades.

"As you can see, my lightsaber formed a similar likeness to yours.  Because of the bond we shared mine had also turned black, reminding me of my failures as a teacher.  Then, not but 30 cycles ago, the silver groves appeared.  It was the Force, signaling me of my apprentice's return to the light side.  I had become overjoyed."

"But young padawan, have you ever felt different around my lightsaber's blade?  As if it gave off an aura?  I will now tell you why, because before I pass this on to you, I must teach you one last thing.  Its is a power greater than any Jedi's or Sith's, but all sentient beings have it, it is called Hope"

"When I was a knight long before I took you as my Padawan, I was on Ilum, the homeworld to many lightsaber crystals, when I happened upon a peculiar cave.  It was at the base of a crater.  I walked inside to find a cave illuminated by a brilliant blue light.  It seemed that a metal deep in the asteroid of the crater was giving off an aura, that in turn affected the crystals in this cave.  My saber was already blue, but these seemed to emanate a different power."

"I began to meditate on the crystal, preparing it to be placed in my saber.  As i reflected, I saw flashes of a world lush with life, in a galaxy far outside our own.  It was called Odym"

"You see padawan, the force reaches out to galaxies much further outside our own.  In this galaxy far far away, there were beings who manipulated the force with their emotion, and on this particular planet they harnessed the force through the emotion of hope.  Through all the visions, I saw a sentient, and with his blue light and words, he brought such hope to my spirit.  His name was

Saint Walker

And his words I will never forget

"All will be well"

"And with that I had finished meditating on the crystal, and placed it in the saber.  When I turned it on, I felt the same calming aura and those words strengthening my spirit."

"From then on, no matter what hardships I faced, or how dire the situation seemed, when I saw that blade, my faith, nay, my Hope was renewed, that All will be well"

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 07:08:41 PM »

"In my meditations on hope, I have learned this; hope is nothing without will.  Hope is what drives us, and lets us know that things will get better, but without will Padawan, hope is nothing but empty prayers.  Will is the action to make things better.  Will is the resolution to wake up in the morning, despite the hardships that have happened and have yet to happen.  Remember young Padawan, things don't get better themselves, unless we do something about it, and believe they can get better."

"Although you were far out of my reach, I never lost hope, that you would one day return to us."

"That is all I have to left to teach you my Padawan, take what you have learned and pass it on to others.  Spread hope, and may the force be with you"

The young Jedi felt the passing of his master, as if it were mere moments ago.  He turned on his master's saber and beheld the brilliant blue blade once again.  This time though, he was able to identify with that feeling his master felt.  That sense of hope.

As he walked through the hall of a thousand fountains he saw a group of Jedi sitting along one of the fountains.  The all had an expression of distress on their faces.  Could these have been the Jedi master Plo Koon was speaking of?

They informed the one Jedi that the Sith were targeting their past personal lives, and that it troubled them greatly.  One Jedi, who was once a farmer in his past, had found that the Sith had slaughtered his livestock, leaving his family with nothing.  The other Jedi's family's home was destroyed and he worried about his family's safety.

One of them, a Sentinel, was an exception by the council to be trained, even considering he was married.  His wife had been hospitalized due to an unknown illness striking her insides.  The young Jedi has seen this Sentinel before, leading the way, in a charge, with his unmistakable fighting stance, with two reverse gripped shoto lightsabers.

He heard their problems, and remembered his master's lightsaber.  He switched it on and his brothers' faces were lifted with that blue glow, he knew they felt it.

"This feeling brother? What does it mean?"

And he spoke those words that only he knew.

"All Will be Well"

The farmer saw flashes of his family, getting donations from other farmers for their loss, it was not much but it was enough to start over again.

The other Jedi, whose family had lost their home, saw a vision of his family found by a Jedi on patrol on that sector.  The patrol Jedi led the family to a small enclave on a nearby moon, while young Jedi from the service corps rebuild their home

As for the Sentinel, he saw a vision of a world, along the outer rim, upon which grew a plant.  He saw himself braving that planet then it flashes forward to his wife receiving a vaccine which was distilled from that plant.  His path was clear.

They thanked the young Jedi for his insight.

The Sentinel stayed behind and shook the Jedi's hand.

Then the Sentinel said

"Truly brother, All will be well"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dedicated to my Jedi brothers
an ode to my new saber "hope"

Thank you for reading and

May the Force Be With You, Always

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 07:14:18 PM »

OMG KNIGHT YOU FRACKING RULE!!!

Dude that was so badass.

I totally did not see that coming, being a part of the story and my WIFE!
 Grin Grin

Good Job brother. Points!
P.S. My repaired hilt just got here.

and the New Sentinel Page is up in the RP Forum.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 07:16:17 PM »

OMG KNIGHT YOU FRACKING RULE!!!
Dude that was so badass.
I totally did not see that coming, being a part of the story and my WIFE!
 Grin Grin
Good Job brother. Points!
P.S. My repaired hilt just got here.
and the New Sentinel Page is up in the RP Forum.

Thought you might pickup on that  Grin

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 12:35:48 AM »

I am so working that into one of my chapters! Grin Grin Grin

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: