Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: My latest costume (something a little different)  (Read 15424 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« on: June 23, 2016, 03:49:47 PM »

... or not so different, for those who know one of my alter egos in the RPGs here Wink

I promised pics, but for now this will have to suffice. A little sneak peek of what I've been working on the past week, or the accessories at least. I'm pretty pleased, a lot of it was cheap bits (thank you discount stores for selling $5 leather belts, even if they are coated leather), or bits I had in the cupboard, plus a few extra shinies chucked in.

The blasters are actually two nerf supersoaker bottle blitzes I've had for years and been wanting to mod coz I've always had this thing about dual wielding  Grin Eventually they will be silver, metallic black and probably have some gold or bronze chucked in for good measure, but considering we only decided two weeks ago to go with these costumes to the upcoming con this weekend and only one gun had been prepped I'm happy that they are no longer white, blue and orange! They were base coated with silver and have been scuffed a bit so the silver shows through, though it doesn't come up so well in the pictures. The bottle blitz water guns have a bottle that attaches to the back, so to fill in that hole and make the pistols less front heavy they have the heads from two car engine head bolts glued into place  Grin

Still gotta do a bit of last minute work on the holsters, gonna put some tabs on em to lock the blasters into place and make it a little harder for them to be nicked on me. Still gotta work on my husbands coat tomorrow after work too... and possibly my spartan undersuit shirt *pales* why is it that once again I have left things to last minute?!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 03:59:34 PM »

Love the blasters!  I wondered if you were going to have the dual deathhammers.  Cool
Very nice looking holsters too. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 04:15:12 PM »

Thank you. I swear one day I'm going to get myself some proper deathhammers, whether I make em myself or get them commissioned. Such an awesome name for a blaster!

Because I'm feeling generous ( and haven't quite passed out yet), some earlier pics.

Prepped and ready for cleaning and painting- sanded off the warning labels and supersoaker labels by using my dremel and a flap disc made from a split pin and sanding paper (much cheaper than a dremel flap disc), coz I hate seeing that stuff all over my modded weapons. My magnus had all it's markings sanded off as well when I painted it. I left the supersoaker symbol on coz I thought it looked kinda cool and a bit like a blaster company's symbol  Grin Then I filled in the screw holes with a two part polymer putty and when that hardened sanded it flat. I'll admit, I was a bit slack with the job but at least there aren't glaring holes anymore!

Painted and lightly scuffed (again, photo doesn't show it)

Holsters are made from thick leather look vinyl that I had hanging around the house (keeping those scraps finally paid off!), it's actually more reddish than it appears in the photos. Back layer has a backing of stiffened brown felt to make em firmer. Added some buckles, some chicago screws I had for armour building and some different types of studs, and stitched it all up on my old sewing machine, since I don't care if I break that- though thankfully it went through two layers of vinyl and one of felt just fine Smiley and voila, home made cheap holsters custom made to fit my blasters Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 04:28:27 PM »

The blasters look even better close up, a lot of really nice detail there.  The vinyl makes some surprisingly good looking holsters too.  I like the color too as a contrast to the usual brown leather holsters.

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 04:31:44 PM »

This is a great project.  It's amazing how those water guns went from looking like a kid's toy to looking like actual props from a Star Wars film with some work from you.  The holsters are looking great too.  Smiley

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2016, 06:06:25 PM »

I also like those blasters Smiley
Looking forward to seeing how it all comes together!

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2016, 06:57:33 PM »

Looks like a very interesting start. Those are nice for blasters. Might have to do some looking around to find one for myself.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2029

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2016, 09:37:17 PM »

Very nice. Can't even tell they were once supersoakers anymore Tongue To me they look like the one old Storm Trooper pistol blaster. Can't think of its name. The small sized one they sometimes had

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 11:39:40 AM »

Wow B1ondeange1!

Great work on those blasters. Smiley

I'cant wait to see the end product.  Shocked

+1

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 01:01:18 PM »

FANTASTIC! looking totally bad-ass

do you mind me asking what paint you used?

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 05:48:19 PM »

FANTASTIC! looking totally bad-ass

do you mind me asking what paint you used?

Ask away Smiley It is automotive paint, we do paint mixing of automotive paint at my work and we have a colour chart booklet. If I want a custom colour, I choose it off the chart and mix it up, or I can mix to almost any automotive paint code- hence why my Spartan armour is Subaru World Rally Blue Pearl Tongue Hubby's Master Chief is actually a British Racing Green that was incorrectly made by the team member (2L of paint is a hugely expensive stuff up!) so we got it stupidly cheap. I believe that paint is an alfa romeo black, it has quite a bit of metallic in it so it looks just off black (but not light enough for gunmetal grey). Undercoat is a hyundai silver- also picked from the colour chart Tongue Here it is called colorspec paint mixing, I think the actual paint tints used are concept mix tints or something like that. Expensive stuff, but on my discount it becomes reasonable and it is beautiful paint to work with, gorgeous finish, professional quality stuff. We have a variety of air spray guns and something like three different sized compressors- one being a huge belt driven thing- so we have the right tools for the job Smiley

Holster got finished, a little velcro tab to hold my blasters in place (look you can actually see some of the weathering on the grip in that photo!).

And this is hubby's jacket- a cheap $15 jacket we found on clearance in the woman's section. Added some leatherette stripes, the plan was for another two stripes but I CBF dealing with the extras tonight. I will later put stripes on the cuffs as well.

The highlight of my evening however was the fact that we had to make this look less new- so we chucked it on the dirty ground outside and myself, my hubby and a friend who came over for emergency repairs to his armour all took turns jumping up and down on the jacket for some stress relief Cheesy then when that wasn't enough we wiped it over a heap of dirty dusty boxes, and i dragged it along the brickwork for a bit!  Grin not every day you make a costume then purposely make it dirty haha!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 07:15:04 PM »

The highlight of my evening however was the fact that we had to make this look less new- so we chucked it on the dirty ground outside and myself, my hubby and a friend who came over for emergency repairs to his armour all took turns jumping up and down on the jacket for some stress relief Cheesy then when that wasn't enough we wiped it over a heap of dirty dusty boxes, and i dragged it along the brickwork for a bit!  Grin not every day you make a costume then purposely make it dirty haha!
Really I got to see this. Poor jacket.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2016, 02:51:07 AM »

Sounds like fun.  I also can't wait to see the end result.  The holsters look fantastic.

Sparky_D
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 53

Bantha PooDoo, Ha ha ha ha ha....

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2016, 05:16:12 AM »

Looking great, but I gotta say, when scrolling fast back to the top, those pictures of the jacket hanging on the closet looked like a Gungan (the knobs and shadows)...   Shocked

Old dog trying to learn new tricks...

@hsokafan
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 65531

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2016, 01:31:46 PM »

Nice!!! Love the black guns too!!

Lightside points. May the force be with you!!😉
14 Sabers:
Initiate LE V2 (3 of them) 1 green 2 bright green (Phantasm V2)
Dark Initiate LE V4 lite sound 24" UE MG, windows, AS with color discs use my GB blade for practice.
More fun color discs!!!😃
Dark Initiate V4 BR 24" UE MG, silver v2 coupler
Black coupler
RGB Manticore 36" UE HG sound FoC AS Covertec
RGB Dominix 36"
Archon V3.1 AS FOC AB
Rgb Dominix w covertec
Initiate LE V4 GB
Dark Apprentice LE V4 SRD
Sentinel V4 LE BR
PHANTOM V2 SRD (2 DOMINIX)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up