Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: My latest costume (something a little different)  (Read 15473 times)
Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2016, 01:18:52 PM »

Oh you have no idea! Tongue

The Spartans are hugely fun, don't get me wrong I love being in my armour. But you can't look at stuff. You can only see and hear so much in the helmets, you get stopped every few metres for photos, handling stuff and carrying stuff is more difficult and by the end of a day in armour you are drained feeling. By the end of the day in the smuggler outfits I had an armful of goodies (so much for not spending anything!) and sore feet and ankle- not sore all over me Tongue Eating lunch is far easier when you aren't trying to do it around armour too tehe. It was a nice relaxing break Smiley

Though, I did design my armour so I can sit in it, that's a huge bonus Tongue

After suiting up in armor for the first time Saturday, I completely understand.  Cheesy
It was fun and the first time I ever had a little kid want a picture taken with me, but because of the holsters I can't sit in any chair that has sides.  Would be hard to sit on anything other than a bar stool.  Despite the aching shoulders, not being able to sit, etc. still fun and I will definitely be doing it again, and hopefully with more pics to show for it.   

I need to get a soft costume so I can alternate.  More reference pics are needed but I think Director Krennic from Rogue One might be my next project.  Grin

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2016, 02:00:43 PM »

After suiting up in armor for the first time Saturday, I completely understand.  Cheesy
It was fun and the first time I ever had a little kid want a picture taken with me, but because of the holsters I can't sit in any chair that has sides.  Would be hard to sit on anything other than a bar stool.  Despite the aching shoulders, not being able to sit, etc. still fun and I will definitely be doing it again, and hopefully with more pics to show for it.   

I need to get a soft costume so I can alternate.  More reference pics are needed but I think Director Krennic from Rogue One might be my next project.  Grin

Mara Jade in the black jump suit is one of my next.... After I finish my Jedi for RL approval, and my ODST build... I should probably do my Emma Frost sometime soon too since I've started getting the bits for it. I'm also really liking the idea of doing a Resistance pilot. I've never been such a fan of the Rebel pilots but I like the Resistance outfits.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2016, 03:19:52 PM »

Mara Jade in the black jump suit is one of my next.... After I finish my Jedi for RL approval, and my ODST build... I should probably do my Emma Frost sometime soon too since I've started getting the bits for it. I'm also really liking the idea of doing a Resistance pilot. I've never been such a fan of the Rebel pilots but I like the Resistance outfits.

Ooh, lots of stuff in the pipeline for you.  Mara Jade is always good.   
I had to google ODST, should have known it was Halo.  Cheesy

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2016, 03:41:32 PM »

YOU don't cosplay?!

I figured for sure...

25 sabers! O_o

Hi LR.  Actually no.  I can quickly become a shy, reserved person about those kind of things, in spite of previously being involved in musicals and other stage productions.  Jaina Solo Fel would be my choice and I am slowly working on putting together her saber.  Would have to totally go dark side to be able to want to do that and then be hidden amongst a larger group.   Embarrassed

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2016, 03:46:50 PM »

Hi LR.  Actually no.  I am a shy, reserved person about those kind of things, in spite of being involved in musicals and other stage productions.  Jaina Solo Fel would be my choice and I am slowly working on putting together her saber.  Would have to totally go dark side to be able to want to do that and then be hidden amongst a larger group.   Embarrassed

I am the same way.  In real life I am more the quiet, reserved type, prefer to blend into the crowd and hadn't really thought much about costuming until last summer.  Fast forward a year and my Captain Rex is almost complete and nearly ready for 501st submission, and it's just a lot of fun in general.  If it is something you think you might enjoy give it shot, if it turns out otherwise you never have to do it again, but at least you tried.  You never know, you just might surprise yourself.  Smiley

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2016, 03:51:21 PM »

Ooh, lots of stuff in the pipeline for you.  Mara Jade is always good.   
I had to google ODST, should have known it was Halo.  Cheesy

Lol! Sorry, I'm kinda used to a Halo crowd so they know what ODST means  Grin Orbital Drop Shock Trooper- Spec Ops, kinda one step down from a Spartan really. In a way more badass and hardcore than Spartans, since they are relatively regular humans rather than hugely augmented and brainwashed supersoldier Spartans.

In particular I am looking at doing Captain Veronica Dare

And I have far far many more costumes in the plans.... the hazards of being a cosplayer Cheesy

FYI Mol, clone troopers can be dual troop approvable- you can go 501st AND Rebel Legion with them Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2016, 03:54:06 PM »

I am the same way.  In real life I am more the quiet, reserved type, prefer to blend into the crowd and hadn't really thought much about costuming until last summer.  Fast forward a year and my Captain Rex is almost complete and nearly ready for 501st submission, and it's just a lot of fun in general.  If it is something you think you might enjoy give it shot, if it turns out otherwise you never have to do it again, but at least you tried.  You never know, you just might surprise yourself.  Smiley

Thanks for the vote of confidence and encouragement Molina.  We'll see.  Perhaps we can hold up the wall together.   +1   Wink

Will look forward to seeing pics of your Captain Rex and entry to the 501st.   Smiley

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2016, 04:01:22 PM »

Lol! Sorry, I'm kinda used to a Halo crowd so they know what ODST means  Grin Orbital Drop Shock Trooper- Spec Ops, kinda one step down from a Spartan really. In a way more badass and hardcore than Spartans, since they are relatively regular humans rather than hugely augmented and brainwashed supersoldier Spartans.

In particular I am looking at doing Captain Veronica Dare

And I have far far many more costumes in the plans.... the hazards of being a cosplayer Cheesy

FYI Mol, clone troopers can be dual troop approvable- you can go 501st AND Rebel Legion with them Smiley

I think I have only played Halo twice, and that was online with my cousin and she slaughtered me.  Cheesy

I know, that's a cool thing about clones.  I was thinking about the dual-membership.  Going with 501st first though and then I'll see what happens and go from there.  There are only a couple of clones in the Oklahoma squad so they need the representation, plus I'll be the only Rex.  For some strange reason everyone wants to be a stormtrooper.  Roll Eyes   

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2016, 04:03:16 PM »

Thanks for the vote of confidence and encouragement Molina.  We'll see.  Perhaps we can hold up the wall together.   +1   Wink

Will look forward to seeing pics of your Captain Rex and entry to the 501st.   Smiley

It would be a pleasure to help you keep the wall standing.  Grin

And it isn't quite ready for submission yet, but here is a pic from the con where I debuted my Rex.  

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2016, 04:16:45 PM »

Nice fun photo Molina.  Now this is really embarrassing... but went on to Wookieepedia to make sure I know for sure who Captain Rex is.  So he's a clone from the Clone Wars series.  Oh this is so bad... you need to point out which person you are.

And this is why I rarely step foot in the Cosplay and Games sections.   Roll Eyes

Usually just come to check out what Blondie is up to.   Smiley

@hsokafan
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 65531

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2016, 04:21:18 PM »

Awesome costume!!
Awesome Artoo too!!☺

Lightside points. May the force be with you!!😉
14 Sabers:
Initiate LE V2 (3 of them) 1 green 2 bright green (Phantasm V2)
Dark Initiate LE V4 lite sound 24" UE MG, windows, AS with color discs use my GB blade for practice.
More fun color discs!!!😃
Dark Initiate V4 BR 24" UE MG, silver v2 coupler
Black coupler
RGB Manticore 36" UE HG sound FoC AS Covertec
RGB Dominix 36"
Archon V3.1 AS FOC AB
Rgb Dominix w covertec
Initiate LE V4 GB
Dark Apprentice LE V4 SRD
Sentinel V4 LE BR
PHANTOM V2 SRD (2 DOMINIX)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2016, 04:27:43 PM »

Nice fun photo Molina.  Now this is really embarrassing... but went on to Wookieepedia to make sure I know for sure who Captain Rex is.  So he's a clone from the Clone Wars series.  Oh this is so bad... you need to point out which person you are.

And this is why I rarely step foot in the Cosplay and Games sections.   Roll Eyes

Usually just come to check out what Blondie is up to.   Smiley

He's the only clone trooper in the picture!!  Grin White armour with blue stripes and blue pauldron to the right of the picture, looking all tall and badass  Cool

And awww, thanks hun! Cheesy I just put up some Spartan photos as well if you are interested Smiley and a vid.

Also, the vid from a previous con of me and hubby kissing turned up. I still haven't watched it.... I'm kinda afraid to rofl! The videographers were doing a 'love at supanova' vid and wanted hubby to take my helmet off and kiss me- thats easier said than done! A) my helmet is difficult enough for me to get off, let alone hubby trying to do so. b) helmet hair. c) armour gets in the way. All of that makes it rather more awkward, and less romantic Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2016, 04:42:59 PM »

Thanks Blondie and helpful +1 given.  Will definitely check out your latest.   Cheesy

Molina that is one awesome outfit.  As Blondie so eloquently said " looking all tall and badass ".  Can't even fathom all the details and prep and finances that all the serious dedicated cosplayers put in to their costuming.   Cool

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2016, 04:47:52 PM »

Thanks Blondie and helpful +1 given.  Will definitely check out your latest.   Cheesy

Molina that is one awesome outfit.  As Blondie so eloquently said " looking all tall and badass ".  Can't even fathom all the details and prep and finances that all the cosplayers put in to their costuming.   Cool

Especially clonies and stormies. Exxy armour  Shocked

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2016, 04:57:09 PM »

He's the only clone trooper in the picture!!  Grin White armour with blue stripes and blue pauldron to the right of the picture, looking all tall and badass  Cool

Gotta give you a point for that.  Oh yeah!  Cool
Btw, the Jedi kneeling on the left in that pic is my brother wielding my Ultrasabers Graflex.

Awesome costume!!
Awesome Artoo too!!☺

Thanks!  Have a point.  Smiley

Molina that is one awesome outfit.  As Blondie so eloquently said " looking all tall and badass ".  Can't even fathom all the details and prep and finances that all the serious dedicated cosplayers put in to their costuming.   Cool

Blondie does have a way with words doesn't she?  Grin
Thanks!  I won't go into finances but as far as detail and prep go, I have worked off-and-on on this costume for the last five months and there are still some adjustments to make before it's ready to submit.  I'm sure Blondie would agree that armored costumes are not for the faint of heart.  And to see what she is up to is pretty much the only reason I come here as well.    

Sorry Blondie, I didn't mean to hijack your thread.  Embarrassed

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: