Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: RR's video tutorials- Ep.1- installing recharge port  (Read 2455 times)
RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« on: June 26, 2016, 01:29:14 AM »

Wow, don't even know where to begin on this one lol...

First of all, sorry about the video recording haha!  Next vid's will be done on real camera with real set up ability.  

It's super long, but the wiring of the port is the first half, mounting last, so can watch only what you need.  To anyone starting out or previously a bit intimidated to try messing with electronics, there's a TON's of general tips and info in here about soldering, body work, and all kinds of stuff like that.  I wanted to explain everything in detail as i went along for people who might want to try this- it's totally doable for beginners (like me lol).  My hope is that if more people see how easy this stuff can be they'll lose the fear to give it a shot Smiley.  I'll probably be redoing this video once i get the camera situation sorted out.    

Hope this helps, good luck, and MTFBWY.  If you have any questions feel free to post them and i'll get back to you.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaQJZmOPiOY" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaQJZmOPiOY</a>
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 04:34:43 AM by Drahcir » Logged

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 05:11:37 AM »

I'm sorry - did that runtime really read 2 Hours 13 Minutes?

Aside from the DS point I gave you my friend, I'm just going to leave this thought here (it's in appreciation):

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 01:50:06 PM »

This is a helluva video full of treasures, absolutely a holocron material!
You also have a great workshop!
DSP awarded!

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2016, 04:09:11 PM »

Thanks so much everyone!  Really appreciate Smiley.

Hahaha, yeah I know right- I went kinda deep there lol- love that quote Lord C!

Thanks so much LC, D7 and Medwyn, you guys are troopers for checking that out Smiley.  I know it kinda ruins it a bit for those of us who already know some of this stuff and just enjoy checking out the vids (like me lol), but I imagine someone who hadn't learned how yet but wanted to, they'd probably be looking for one huge explanation, like would rather watch one giant tutorial of the port, soldering, drilling, tapping etc than have to track down a bunch of diff vids.  I remember it all seemed overwhelming a bit to me at first, and wishing there were longer vids etc. 

Points coming back at all of you asap.

Bulvoy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 500

~Sipra Gehaz~ Rebel Legion "Ghost Base"

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 01:04:51 AM »

Good Job Revan, VERY thorough , with extra tips
I will admit, i watched it in 2 parts , cause after a while i was like how long is this??? thank you for taking the time to put it up

UltraSaber's by bulvoy, on Flickr
Menace - Emerald V4s- RavenSS pommel
Manticore V4s-CG- S /FOC-Renegade small pommel
Crimson Scorpion- V4s-BR- O/FOC
Dominix V3s-SRD
Initiate V4 Lite- VA
            "Im here to chew bubblegum & kick ass, and I'm all outta bubblegum"...

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 04:35:01 AM »

fixed the video embedding for you.
 Wink

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 05:32:09 AM »

Thanks so much Bulvoy and D7 Smiley.  You're too kind!  I can't believe what a bunch of troopers we have here on the forum- Dauntless, you wanna talk about dedication to the craft?  Siting through this whole vid just for fun/ with no immediate plans to wire a port- THAT'S dedication to the craft Smiley. Most impressive!  Thank  you both so much, you guys rock.

That Canadian UltraSabers custom shop sounds like a dream come true to me D7 Smiley.  I'd really love to get something like that going one day- I know I've got the requisite passion- I think for now though I'm still a little green in the gills- just need to spend some more time developing my experience/ working knowledge and skills, if you know what i mean, having fun going really deep with everything I'm doing in the meantime to help ensure my budding abilities are well rounded.  There's SO much to this hobby, and I'm only just getting started, but I'm enjoying the journey, learning so much, keeping one eye on where I want to be down the road, and just having a blast getting there.  

Holy moly!! Does that say maple bacon caramel corn?!!! No wonder you were able to make it through the vid lol!!  I know we don't have that in Ontario- I would have felt it in the force and there'd be some in my belly even now hahaha Smiley.  Thanks again for the kind words and support- very much appreciated.   You guys are a true blessing to this community.  

Thanks so much Drahcir!!  REALLY appreciate that, I tried to get that right so many times lol, eventually called it quits- point headed your way Smiley

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 02:05:35 AM »

hmm . . . so I have a choice . . . Rev's tutorial or Independence Day Resurgence at the movies . . . choices, choices ? ? ?  Wink

just kidding bro, and I did get thru the intro, lol . . . . I'll have to watch this in parts also, but I will some time soon . . . . for now, here's a point in advance . . .  Grin

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 04:14:30 AM »

Well I'm a quarter way thru, really LOTS of very helpful info here . . . I'll report back when I get thru it soon, but yea as D7 said, you have a natural talent for tutorials Rev . . . great stuff

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 05:50:14 AM »

Wow, we have some seriously dedicated and supportive members here!  Thanks SO much Dauntless and Jed- you guys are aweome.

Calculon
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 435

We Will Win!

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 07:18:31 AM »

Dog walked, family asleep. Time for some coffee, wiring and this video for as long as i can take it. Holy damn, points for the time spent on this thing! Hopefully pick up anything useful BEFORE I get to that part of my current project. ...hmmm maybe I should skip around before hand. Just in case lol. Thanks Rev, for the evening! Wink

The Wolfpack Lives!

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2016, 01:27:12 PM »

Hahaha, nice!  Thanks Calculon Smiley.  Sorry took me so long to respond- been swamped- tons happening saber wise, should be able to post a whole other completed side project tomorrow in customs Smiley.  Super excited- also I'll be able to catch up on everyone's posts and see what y'all have been up to- doubly excited Smiley.  MTFBWY.

JediXIX
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2016, 07:07:10 AM »

Just over half way thru now . . . still going, lol . . . an extra point Rev . . . +1  Cheesy

You've given me some handy tips . . . and here's one back at you . . . I use helping hands a lot, but also Reverse Tweezers sometimes more . . . just for quickly clamping some wire to do some solder or other work . . . could be handy to get yourself a couple . . . cheers  Smiley
https://www.amazon.com/CROSS-LOCK-TWEEZER-SET-NOVELTOOLS/dp/B010GH7M8Y/ref=sr_1_9?s=arts-crafts&ie=UTF8&qid=1468047776&sr=1-9&keywords=reverse+tweezers

RevanReborn
Knight Commander

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2016, 05:35:08 PM »

SWEET!!  Thanks Jed!  I didn't even remember those existed lol!  I'm grabbing some for sure, those will be SO handy!!  Points for the help Smiley

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2016, 03:02:56 AM »

Wow. Thanks for a great vid! Learned a lot and the idea of taking a saber apart and adding the port seems quite a bit less daunting. Thank you for putting in so much effort too. Juggling the camera while doing that must have made a lot more work. Can't wait to see whats up with those windows.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: