Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Wiring Question: Buckpuck, AV Switch and FoC  (Read 1601 times)
Garisaan
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« on: June 27, 2016, 08:11:18 PM »

Hey Everyone,

I had a chance to look at a few wiring diagrams on here, but wanted a little bit of clarification.

My proposed setup includes an Obsidian v4 Soundcard, Royal Blue/Royal Blue/White Tri-Cree LED, 1000mA Buckpuck, 2x 14500 Li-Ion battery setup and a momentary illuminated AV Switch.

From the diagrams I've seen, it appears that the Buckpuck is wired between the main LEDs (both Royal Blue dies), the FoC LED (White die) and the the AV Switch.  However, in another diagram, it's recommended to use a DynaOhm resistor (20mA) for the AV Switch.

Is it better to use the Buckpuck to drive everything or would incorporating the DynaOhm resistor between the Buckpuck and AV Switch be more feasible?   Or is there a more reliable setup?

Thanks in advance!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 08:50:16 PM »

I wouldn't run the switch through the BuckPuck. The safest way is using a 20mA DynaOhm resistor to protect the switch LED, otherwise it may burn out. Also, the positives to all LEDs (Royal Blue and White) come from the BuckPuck, only the negatives go different ways - the main LEDs to the "LED" terminal, the FoC LED to the "FOC" terminal, if I remember correctly.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Garisaan
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 09:52:15 PM »

I wouldn't run the switch through the BuckPuck. The safest way is using a 20mA DynaOhm resistor to protect the switch LED, otherwise it may burn out. Also, the positives to all LEDs (Royal Blue and White) come from the BuckPuck, only the negatives go different ways - the main LEDs to the "LED" terminal, the FoC LED to the "FOC" terminal, if I remember correctly.

+1 Light to you.

I figured that was the case, but just wanted to be sure.  Thanks!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 09:12:45 PM »

No problem, and thanks for the point Smiley

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: