Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: SupaNova Perth West Aus 2016 Cosplay vid  (Read 3347 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« on: June 28, 2016, 04:25:11 PM »

Here's another cosplay vid if you'd like to have a peek Smiley Myself, hubby and a fellow Spartan (previously blue in colour, now repainted red) are right towards the end, we got a bit of action Cheesy

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8APbOtESPyo&amp;feature=share" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">www.youtube.com/watch?v=8APbOtESPyo&amp;feature=share</a>

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 04:30:23 PM »

That looked awesome! Smiley

I think a friend of mine from another site was at that con.  Did you meet a female Kylo Ren there who actually uses "Ren" as her nickname by any chance?

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 04:42:24 PM »

That looked awesome! Smiley

I think a friend of mine from another site was at that con.  Did you meet a female Kylo Ren there who actually uses "Ren" as her nickname by any chance?

There were a lot of Rens Tongue and more than a few female Rens.

And a lot of people in general Tongue When in the armour you only 'see' so much. While we have good visibility in those helmets, it is still somewhat restricted and in armour you spend most of your time posing for photos, so you miss a lot of what is going on around you sadly.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Justicar
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -567

Sun of Starkiller

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 04:46:43 PM »

Sure, that makes sense...the cons I've been to are far smaller.  At mine I was the only lady Ren.

So you were suited up the entire time?  I hope you had a cooling system in there.  I would think even in the winter (?), that kind of armor would be a challenge.

"Anger is a tool.  Use it; do not let it use you."
       --Gul Verden in Debtors' Planet by W.R. Thompson

"I'm a little Renlet, short and 'stout'
Here is my saber, watch me scream and shout!"
       --Lyrics by Jev Moldara

Flamberge BR with v4 Obsidian and 4-inch side blades

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 06:13:33 PM »

Sure, that makes sense...the cons I've been to are far smaller.  At mine I was the only lady Ren.

So you were suited up the entire time?  I hope you had a cooling system in there.  I would think even in the winter (?), that kind of armor would be a challenge.

Yes and no.

I have two squirrel fans in my torso piece, and a small fan in my helmet. Humidity is more a killer than heat. My helmet is really too small and I have terrible fogging issues as a result, so anywhere high humidity- lots of people in one room, buildings with evap air con or swimming pools nearby like at the toy fairswe attend or when it's just been raining like on saturday- is more of a problem. The pants we wear are compression pants which are a lifesaver, and the long sleeved shirt is thin. As a result all the gaps between the armour- which are numerous- keep us at a reasonable temperature, plus my torso piece is a bit oversized coz I'velost weight Tongue . So long as there is air flow to cool the joints, we are pretty good, even if it is warmer. ATM our temperatures are 17-20C so pretty cool (in my books!) but inside it was warm, and outside the sun came out while we were doing photos.

As much as anything, wearing the armour for long periods is draining, because your movements are restricted, you have different weight on you to usual, you can't hold your arms flat to your sides, sitting is more difficult, posing and holding props makes you sore, the helmets get stuffy and sometimes make you semi claustrophobic and keeping hydrated is harder- especially since going to the bathroom is harder and you tend to want to minimise the amount you need to go Tongue tolerance levels can vary- I have done 13 hrs in the armour with only a short break and been very tired and happy to get out at the end but alright. Other days after a few hours I'm ready to call it quits. On Saturday I was in the armour from about 11- 11.30am until a bit after 6pm

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Bulvoy
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 500

~Sipra Gehaz~ Rebel Legion "Ghost Base"

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 02:56:10 PM »

Cool ya's actually got to be in it. Admire the dedication to the suits. Was i seeing things or do your blasters fire actual blanks or do you have some mind of ejection system?  Ending makes it an instant classic with deadpool's thoughts of the day

UltraSaber's by bulvoy, on Flickr
Menace - Emerald V4s- RavenSS pommel
Manticore V4s-CG- S /FOC-Renegade small pommel
Crimson Scorpion- V4s-BR- O/FOC
Dominix V3s-SRD
Initiate V4 Lite- VA
            "Im here to chew bubblegum & kick ass, and I'm all outta bubblegum"...

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2016, 03:01:55 PM »

Cool ya's actually got to be in it. Admire the dedication to the suits. Was i seeing things or do your blasters fire actual blanks or do you have some mind of ejection system?  Ending makes it an instant classic with deadpool's thoughts of the day

Hahaha!

Special effects my friend  Wink The filmers are clever

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Bulvoy
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2016, 03:44:43 PM »

I shoulda known. Was a thought but then it crossed my mind since all of you go hardcore distance on spectacular armor and gear i wasnt surprised thats you and company made a mechanical spring loaded ejection port, and just added some sound. Well think of it this way, least you got a laugh  it fooled me LOL

Dominix V3s-SRD
Initiate V4 Lite- VA

Bulvoy
Knight Commander

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2016, 04:02:01 PM »

Dbl post apologies

Dominix V3s-SRD
Initiate V4 Lite- VA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2016, 04:02:48 PM »

I shoulda known. Was a thought but then it crossed my mind since all of you go hardcore distance on spectacular armor and gear i wasnt surprised thats you and company made a mechanical spring loaded ejection port, and just added some sound. Well think of it this way, least you got a laugh  it fooled me LOL

Rofl. Well the ODSTs in that vid, their weapons do have cocking mechanisms, removable ammo clips etc.

We do have plans to make assault rifles with lights, sound, count down timers etc Smiley And a turret that spins with sound. A friend has a Z-6 that spins, sound, lights.... that thing is just soooo good

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: