Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Lumi AV switch, ch 4 inactive  (Read 1838 times)
LordNerf
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: June 29, 2016, 09:07:34 AM »

I recently received my sabers and I ordered 4 channel Emerald RGBA since my focus is around the red colors. Now I watched the video about this the AV switches and decided to put it on diode 4 since it stated that it would receive power from that channel. I assumed it would be wired in a series and both the led channel 4 and the led for the av switch would receive power. I was warned that picking channel 4 would mean that if channel 4 was used, when channel 4 was at 0 the AV switch would go out. Makes sense, but not that the 4th channel in the saber LED would die permanently. This was the case, the 4th diode in my 4 channel emerald is completely dead and does not make any amber light whatsoever so clearly that channel is not supplied with any power. Re-wired to supply only to AV switch. Can this be undone?

So I'm down to a 3channel RGB emerald atm with no use for the 4th atm. Now I'm not bad at soldering and was wondering what you'd suggest I do. Is it a waste of time pursuing this? Is the power enough for both the AV switch and the 4th channel? Does anyone know the specifics of the channels, how much each channel requires to run well and not be overly taxed in durability for oversupplying it? Searched a bit and found an old thread here about this but I found no specifications of voltages, a good solution nor what the difference in luminescence and colorspace lost is.

I take any suggestion and any difficulty level. I love to play around and have money in case I ruin it, but I prefer relatively safe suggestions if there are alternatives.

TLDR:
- 4th led difference in Luminescence?
- Possible to change with soldering/powering up the 4th led without extreme risks?

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2016, 06:54:20 PM »

The "In Series" option was available earlier, but for some reason it has been discontinued by UltraSabers. However, you can easily rewire that without getting power issues or whatsoever. You just need to splice an additional wire from the positive of the 4th channel of the Emerald Driver to the positive of the Amber LED. The same is done for the negative. That should give you the Amber LED back again.

Regarding luminescence or colour space...even without the 4th die you can produce any colour from the RGB spectrum and without a loss of luminescence. Amber can boost some of the orange and red shades, though, so rewiring that might be advantageous for you Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: