Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Should I go for the premium or the LITE Obsidian Soundboard?  (Read 2048 times)
Juanwiththeforce
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -13

Dark side points...Always

« on: July 01, 2016, 10:44:54 PM »

The premium has the advantage of updating sound fonts, plugging into computer, etc.....at the downside of losing more cash..

Simple is less but no upgrading and the like..

Preferences?

“The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

BurceChuat
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 196

From my point of view, I have the high ground!

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 12:18:48 AM »

The upgrade is definitely worth it. Sound can get annoying, and I don't like the limitations of 4 AAA's.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody's gonna die."

Owned: Sentinel LE, TRI GB, V4 sound

Siblings':
Standard Issue, AS
Dark Apprentice, HP

Wishlist: Catalyst, Guardian, Manticore, Prophecy V3

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2016, 06:38:45 AM »

I'd go for a Obsidian v4.   Plus side, you have Li-Ion batteries to recharge and they are more power output to the LED to begin with over the AAA batteries.
Eight sound fonts come with it, including a "Silent" font so you can mute the lightsaber when you want to and still have it lit.  Because sometimes you want to have your lightsaber out, but not listen to it hum, or wake the neighbors.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2016, 06:25:01 PM »

Boy, that is a tough one. I wish I had an Obsidian Lite Board to compare runtimes and see if it'd work for me as I only have v4s.

The whole "having a silent font thing" is nice, but in my eyes, not completely necessary. It's nice if you want to talk with other people while swinging your lightsaber around (as these things are LOUD), and if you are indoors, but I guess in my situation I usually go outside anyways as there's more room, so I don't use the silent font 97% of the time.

Maybe one thing that hasn't been mentioned that you need to take into account is that if you do get the Obsidian Lite, I would not recommend getting Tri-Cree or FOC. FOC takes a lot of juice on my sabers, and I hear the Tri-Cree runtimes on the Obsidian Lite Board aren't stellar. So if you were really wishing for Tri-Cree or FOC, I would go for the v3 or v4 soundboard. Also, another thing to take into account is you might eventually spend the money on replacing the batteries on the Obsidian Lite what you would for the v3 or v4 saber.

I guess in the end it depends on $$$. That's why the Obsidian Lite Board was made. If you are looking for more of a display piece that you'll only take out once in a while, maybe the Obsidian Lite would be a good choice. But if you think you'll take it out and swing it around at least once a week, maybe save and get the v3 or v4.

If I had to say "get this", I'd say get the v4 if you have the money. It's really cool to change soundfonts on the fly for a sith or jedi feel, or just to switch it up a bit (even though I use the Obsidian Soundfont probably the most at this point, it does get old after hearing it time after time). I would definitely recommend the v4 over the v3--the extra $10 is worth it.

Hope this helps.

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Juanwiththeforce
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -13

Dark side points...Always

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2016, 08:06:34 PM »

Thank you everyone for your input! I will be getting the premium as I will be using the saber often.

Thanks again! Smiley

“The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: