Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: "Indestructible" Soundfont by Darth Vigorous  (Read 6422 times)
Darth Vigorous
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

I am Darth Vigorous. My power knows no boundaries.

« on: July 07, 2016, 05:04:56 PM »

This soundfont is based off of the song "Indestructible" written by the band Disturbed.

"Indestructible" is a song by American heavy metal band Disturbed. The song is released as the third single from the band's fourth studio album Indestructible. The single peaked at number-two on the Hot Mainstream Rock Tracks chart and number-ten on the Hot Modern Rock Tracks chart. The music video for the song appeared on Disturbed's website on August 20, 2008, and the single was released on September 29, 2008. The song is meant to encourage troops going into battle, and boost their morale. It is also meant to represent Disturbed's success in the music industry. It is one of Disturbed's best known songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWxBrI0g1kE

"Indestructible" is "an anthem for soldiers", vocalist David Draiman comments. "It's meant to be something that would make them feel invincible, take away their fear, make them strong." According to Draiman, the song also signifies Disturbed's lingering presence and success in the music industry. Draiman comments that the song "kind of symbolizes the fact that we're still ... here, that we haven't been destroyed, that we withstood the test of time." Guitarist Dan Donegan furthers this point, stating "We feel that we've become indestructible to be able to survive this long in the business, and continuing a success with it." Draiman concludes, "We have been through a lot. No matter what gets thrown at us, as a band, no matter what happens in the musical environment, we're still here, we're still viable, and still standing."

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6np7pejo0y4sn3r/AAAZw79OtRR4PBxrU3UloQKMa?dl=0

I am the nightmare beyond your wildest dreams. I am the monstrosity of mankind itself. I will Never be overcome by any being, anything, any thought. I am the godling of a new greater power of the Sith to be.
I am Darth Vigorous. Lord, grand and supreme, master of the Sith.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2016, 11:51:34 AM »

Wow Darth Vigorous,

Another cool font. Smiley  Great tune.

You're becoming quite the font maker. Wink

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Jason02750
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

it's a computer eye...

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 05:08:59 AM »

I know someone who will like this a lot. I'd like some help on the file type. I've made a simple one on audacity but the file type I export it out to always seems to be wrong. Pointers or a how to?

SilentFace

Darth Vigorous
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2016, 05:18:24 AM »

Hi everyone. I just thought I might make a tutorial on how to take a Stereo WAV file, and turn it into an LSU file for your saber.

Step one, download the Obsidian Launcher and Audacity and install them if you haven't already.

In Audacity, open the WAV file that you wish to convert. You might find that two tracks appear instead of one. The first thing you'll need to do is join the left channel with the right one. In the tiny menu next to the track, click on "Split Stereo To Mono"

The LSU Converter needs a Mono track, so now that we have two duplicate mono tracks, you can now close the bottom track. Click the X that's circled in the picture below. (Notice that I trimmed the long audio file into a 4 second clip)

Now that we have a single, mono track, it's time to modify the bit rate and sample rate of the file. LSU files require 16-bit, 48000 Hz, mono samples to convert to LSU. The mono is already covered! Smiley

To change the Sample Rate:

To change the Bit Rate:

And in case the track isn't set to Mono:

There is one silly master setting that I always forget about when converting WAVs, and that's the global project settings. The image below shows the two areas that must all have the 16-bit, 48000 Hz, mono samples settings applied:

Now you're ready to export! Click File -> Export to continue.

Choose where you want to save it, give it a name with no spaces in the name, and then select WAV Microsoft (Signed) 16 Bit PCM as in the image below:

Hit Save to convert the WAV file. One other box pops open when you click Save, but you can just hit OK to continue.

Once you've saved the WAV file, close Audacity, and don't bother saving the Audacity file as what you want has already been exported.

Next, to convert the file to LSU, open the LSU Converter from the Obsidian Launcher folder, and once the program is open, load the WAV file that you saved earlier. If you like, you can password protect your LSU files, but for simplicity, just unclick Locked, and then covert the file! Remember to not include any spaces in your LSU file, and keep them around 5 seconds or less for best results.

Shoot any questions below, or PM me if you prefer. MTFBWY

I am the nightmare beyond your wildest dreams. I am the monstrosity of mankind itself. I will Never be overcome by any being, anything, any thought. I am the godling of a new greater power of the Sith to be.

Jason02750
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

it's a computer eye...

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 02:46:09 AM »

thank you so much.

SilentFace

Darth Vigorous
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 05:47:19 AM »

No prob.  Grin

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 08:35:20 AM »

Oh nice. We need a Sevenfold font now Tongue Scream intro lead guitar section as the hum, Beast And The Harlot intro as a pose on, whatever else might sound good. Nightmare drum beats as clashes and so on. Maybe afterlife solo for the lockup

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Vigorous
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2016, 02:16:38 PM »

I'll think about it.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 04:57:21 AM »

Hmm. Was unaware he had a black version of his guitar. I always saw the flamed versions Tongue Looks sweet all black. I'm also a guitar guy so

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

KaiserSosay
Duke of the Diamond Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -839

Droogs dont run!

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2020, 02:33:43 AM »

I downloaded this font a while ago. I never did say thank you for sharing it. I wish I had.

Your presence is missed on this forum!
 Thanks for all the great fonts. This one and the flaming torch font are two of my favorites.

Infinit01
Defender of the Forumverse
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 2785

Grey Assassin

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2020, 01:23:55 PM »

I also have to say thank you since it's an awesome font

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: