Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Best place to put a covertec wheel on a saber-staff?  (Read 2685 times)
SWATCOLE
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« on: July 09, 2016, 07:48:01 AM »

Hello, hope you're all having a wonderful day!

I'm looking to buy a saber-staff in the near future, and want to be able to detach them into single blades so I can hang one on a covertec clip.

However, I have no idea where to put the covertec wheel, as I'm scared it'll interfere with smooth handling when the two blades are connected, as my hand will probably get caught on it when doing spins/duels/etc.

Do you all have any suggestions on where to put the covertec wheel so it won't interfere too much?

Thanks in advance!

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2016, 08:53:22 AM »

Hey SWATCOLE,

My GF has two Dominix LEs made into a staff.  When they're assembled, she removes the covertec wheels.

It leaves a small hole in the hilt, but it's not noticeable.  She reattaches them when she separates the sabers. Smiley

As far as leaving them on, I'm not sure where they could go, and not be "in the way".  I don't own a staff personally though. Smiley

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Fanaticus
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -79

LIGHT Side Points Please This Weapon IS Your Life

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2016, 09:10:12 AM »

Probably only in one hilt, near  the emitter.
It is the most sensible area for that, I guess...

Emerald Sabers:
Guardian SE  [4xE, ObV4] AB/S/B
Archon v3.1 [4xE, ObV4] GB/AB/SD
Mantis SE [4xE, ObV4] CG/S/SD
Manticore SE [4xE, ObV4] SD/S/AB
Consular [2xE, Ob] CG/GB
Graflex SE  [4xE, ObV4] GB/S/AB
Chosen One CE [4xE, ObV4] BR/SY/PO

Obsidian Sabers:
Prophecy V3 [ObV4] AB/S

Stunt Sabers:
Aeon LE V3 [GB] CG
Dominix V2 [GB] CG
Dark Initiate LE V4 FO
Initiate LE V4 VA

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 01:25:42 PM »

Definitely near the emitter.  I didn't specify when they built my staff and they put both wheels near the pommels:

Needless to say, that would be a less than ideal place to have them, should I want to hang the staff from my belt.  (fortunately, I don't keep mine connected)

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2016, 07:00:13 PM »

I have a Phantasm LE v3 and requested the CWs to be placed near the emitters at a 90° angle left and right to the switches. Love it, although it's weird wearing the sabers emitter up when they're separated Cheesy But you have a nice stopper so that your hands don't slip onto the blades.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

SWATCOLE
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2016, 08:51:03 PM »

I'll probably end up putting it opposite of the activation switch.
Thanks everyone! Smiley

Franzie
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 53

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 11:34:52 AM »

I would argue the best place for the weel is as close to the pommel as possible.

When I use a staff I have the widest grip possible, choking up on the emitter as much as I can.
 And when using singel saber i have the highest grip possible aswell.   Meaning the weel would be in the way for the grip.

But it all depends on how u use the staff. Excessive spinning will cause u to grip more in the center.  Sparing (atleast how I do it) makes for a wider grip.

Skickat från min E2303 via Tapatalk

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: