Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
Author Topic: New Halo Costume: Veronica Dare Halo 3 ODST  (Read 20237 times)
B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2016, 04:42:19 PM »

Okay, this is one very shiny ODST but I don't care right now- my armour is almost all put together. Thats good enough for this event. Detailing, adjusting of the paint colour, weathering etc can come later.

First time with all the armour on- yes, I know, I am missing my knee plates, gloves, crotch plate and headset, I'm holding my ab plate in place and ignore the undone shoe laces, pieces not quite centred, messily shoved up hair and the extra pouch on my belt. The belt is also used for trooping with my Reach armour and the pouch is very difficult to remove, and since I'm wearing the Reach armour Saturday and ODST on Sunday, I'd rather not remove it for trial fits.

This last week has been two steps forwards one step back, and I hands down haven't had luck with the paint. The gunmetal grey came out much lighter than I was expecting, so I'm gonna have to do more layers later and darken it. I got some vinyl paint to do the headset which stated it was charcoal grey... it's more a mid to light grey, so again not happy... but again it will have to do for now. Today I also discovered that one of my pieces- the crotch plate- got completely missed when it came to painting. It remained under a pile of stuff on my lounge and I just found it today when I went hunting for it to attach it and realised it wasn't with the painted bits. Then I thought I had enough snaps, only to find tonight that I didn't.... Sigh. The hassles of costuming!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2016, 10:53:35 AM »

This goes out tomorrow for it's first test run Smiley a few bits left to do still.

In other Halo news, we got second place in the group cosplay comp with hubbys Master Chief, my Reach, and friends H5 Spartan Grin

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2016, 03:15:24 PM »

Some photos from the weekend- the suit is far from done and there is a lot of work left to do, but it is at least recognisable as an ODST suit and it was well received at the small con Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2016, 05:05:21 PM »

Nice. I'm not good at whatever method you use for Halo armor making, can't think of the name, so I just do simple stuff. Hence my new Daryl Dixon cosplay Tongue I've been wanting to build an ODST soldier though. One of my least favorite games though but you just don't wanna mess with those guys. I need to play the game some more but I'm so lost in it Tongue Same with Destiny too. My brother basically has that game maxed out and stuff

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2016, 06:23:15 PM »

Once again ... impressive job!!!!

Point!!!!

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

KraytDragonPearl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 609

Light Side Points

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2016, 06:24:40 PM »

Love watching you put your costumes together.  +1 for the fantastic detail on this one. 

Own: Lost Gray, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Fulcrum, Obsidian V4, Tri-C AS; Nickel-plated Guardian, (Emerald), Obsidian V3; Arbiter, Obsidian V3, GB; Archon V3 Tri-C FO Obsidian V4; Manticore, Obsidian V3, VA; Phantasm V4, BH; Dark Sentinel, BR; Dominix V2, RGB; Dark Initiate V2 x3 (BR, CG, GB); Initiate LE V2 x2, CG.

Want: Bellicose, Prophecy V3

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2016, 04:48:08 AM »

Thanks Smiley still a lot to go

Have I mentioned I'm insane? Coz this is what I'm toying with building as one of my next costume builds (alongside finishing this and doing two Jedis- one by Rogue One- plus hubbys Jedi)

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2016, 12:27:17 PM »

Insanity can be fun  Grin

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2017, 02:18:33 PM »

Finally got back to working on this outfit to get it ready for next weekends con. Pieces have been repainted, light weathering has been done and I'm adding the first bits of detail. here is everything on the outside table ready to be put back together Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2017, 03:09:00 PM »

Very impressive, that's a lot of parts.  Smiley

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2066

Lord of the Force

« Reply #40 on: March 20, 2017, 10:44:37 PM »

This looks cool. ODST is the only one I ever completed the campaign on. I tried it on Reach, but every time I'd go to play it I'd have to restart.

"I am the Outcast's Shadow" - Taegin Roan
"Confronting fear is the Destiny of a Jedi" - Luke Skywalker
"So this is how liberty dies: with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2017, 01:58:42 PM »

This looks cool. ODST is the only one I ever completed the campaign on. I tried it on Reach, but every time I'd go to play it I'd have to restart.

Ironically, I haven't finished Reach or ODST Tongue and thats what two of my costumes are from lol! One of my Spartan friends (who is a Halo esport competitor) can never get his head around that fact, and I do partly not finish them just to sh1t him coz it is funny Tongue

Thankfully my third costume is from H3 and i have finished that a few times Tongue

Now, because I am mad, this is what I have spent my evening (and part of yesterday) doing:

Four different stencils to make the basic outline (I had to cut the stencils out myself first), all the internal work I had to hand draw in, incl the writing. Severe case of deja vu, this is a very similar emblem to what is on my Reach armour with I also hand stencilled and drew  Roll Eyes

The lengths we go to for accuracy. I spent a lot of time trying to discover what this emblem actually looked like, lots of game play time and trying to get the right screenshots before having to start googling and asking multiple people for help coz I just couldn't get a clear enough shot. In the end one of the 405th Command guys pulled the game texture for me- I discovered the reason I couldn't get a clear enough shot is because the game texture was never clear in the first place  Roll Eyes Using a combo of that and what I suspect was a fan drawn version of the emblem I got that finally sorted Smiley Still missing details though, I KNOW something is written about Dare's name but nothing is clear enough to tell what so I shall have to survive without it. If 405th Command complain it isn't accurate enough, I'll tell em to supply the correct wording for me Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2017, 04:12:32 PM »

Ironically, I haven't finished Reach or ODST Tongue and thats what two of my costumes are from lol! One of my Spartan friends (who is a Halo esport competitor) can never get his head around that fact, and I do partly not finish them just to sh1t him coz it is funny Tongue

Thankfully my third costume is from H3 and i have finished that a few times Tongue

I prefer Reach over ODST. Well the multiplayer part anyways. I would like to play them again, but they don't make Halo for PlayStation, and that is what I play on most the time now.

Well that awesome. I do not have that kind of patience. Or even the time for that matter. Great job.

Point to you

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2017, 01:54:27 AM »

I prefer Reach over ODST. Well the multiplayer part anyways. I would like to play them again, but they don't make Halo for PlayStation, and that is what I play on most the time now.

Well that awesome. I do not have that kind of patience. Or even the time for that matter. Great job.

Point to you

I like Reach for the armour variants. The game itself... It's alright. Everyone seems to have gone nuts over the Reach multiplayer and for so many younger Halo gamers that is 'the start and pinnacle' of Halo and was a bandwagon hubby and myself didn't get on. Technically storyline wise it is, but you cannot beat Combat Evolved. That is THE Halo.

I personally like ODSTs firefight, that's good fun Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

Taegin Roan
Knight Commander

Lord of the Force

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2017, 04:18:46 AM »

I like Reach for the armour variants. The game itself... It's alright. Everyone seems to have gone nuts over the Reach multiplayer and for so many younger Halo gamers that is 'the start and pinnacle' of Halo and was a bandwagon hubby and myself didn't get on. Technically storyline wise it is, but you cannot beat Combat Evolved. That is THE Halo.

I personally like ODSTs firefight, that's good fun Smiley

What I like about Reach is the perks (abilities ?) that you can get. Especially the Jet Pack.

Firefights are the most common thing that I do on ODST. I also play infected on there quite a bit.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: