Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55   Go Down
Author Topic: The Emitter/Pommel Reference Guide (picture request thread)  (Read 381860 times)
Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #780 on: May 20, 2020, 03:06:10 PM »

Can someone post a Archon or shock with a Mence emitter please?
Gimme a bit. I'll try to get you a pic tonight. Hope you don't mind Menace CE emitters.

The only problem with crossing Menace emitters is that you have to have a minimum female thread depth. If the body doesn't have enough thread depth, then the Menace overlay won't seat tightly, and freely spin around the underlay. Undecided

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Vaius
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -10

Dark Side Points Only Please

« Reply #781 on: May 20, 2020, 03:36:21 PM »

Gimme a bit. I'll try to get you a pic tonight. Hope you don't mind Menace CE emitters.

The only problem with crossing Menace emitters is that you have to have a minimum female thread depth. If the body doesn't have enough thread depth, then the Menace overlay won't seat tightly, and freely spin around the underlay. Undecided

Hmmm never considered the thread size

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #782 on: May 20, 2020, 04:57:49 PM »

The threads are the same size. It's the depth that is the question.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Darth Vaius
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #783 on: May 20, 2020, 11:49:19 PM »

The threads are the same size. It's the depth that is the question.

You'll have to let me know how it sits on both those sabers. I still want to see pics of them

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #784 on: May 21, 2020, 12:54:32 PM »

You'll have to let me know how it sits on both those sabers. I still want to see pics of them
And dammit all, I completely forgot. Embarrassed I will try to remember tonight.

Got an notification set on the phone.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Vaius
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #785 on: May 21, 2020, 09:14:33 PM »

And dammit all, I completely forgot. Embarrassed I will try to remember tonight.

Got an notification set on the phone.

You'll have to let me know how the emitter feels sitting on both sabers

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #786 on: May 22, 2020, 10:47:30 AM »

This is interesting. I was thinking about picking up 2 Menace emitters for my Dominicide on order.
Point to you, Logos.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Darth Vaius
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #787 on: May 22, 2020, 12:28:11 PM »

Also wouldn't mind seeing a Archon with a Fallen Emitter. Trying to think of weird combinations

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #788 on: May 22, 2020, 02:19:20 PM »

As promised:

The Menace emitter fits fine on the Shock, but the overlay is loose on the Archon.

You'll have to let me know how the emitter feels sitting on both sabers
The emitter are made up of 3 pieces; the overlay being the lightest. The blade holder/underlay weighs about the same as a normal 1-piece emitter. What kills it thought is the "emitter plate" on the end that secures the overlay in position. It weighs a ton. And on the end of a longer saber, it feels very unbalanced. The Menace itself is a shorter saber, so one grip is closer to the emitter, and it feels more balanced. The only true way to balance this boulder of an emitter is with another emitter in the form of a staff. It's a bit heavier than I would prefer in a staff, but the overall hilt length is absolutely perfect. I'm pretty sure Samhain138 will back me up on this.

This is interesting. I was thinking about picking up 2 Menace emitters for my Dominicide on order.
Point to you, Logos.
If they don't, I'm pretty sure you could get some thin plastic to shim up the gap. I think the Dominicide would be a brick with Menace emitters, but should look cool.

I love the Dominicide emitter. It is shallow and light,.....and all sorts of Sith sinister. I got a red one for Kath for her birthday. Now it completes Lady's Hand.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Vaius
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #789 on: May 22, 2020, 02:50:09 PM »

How does the weight feel on the Shock?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #790 on: May 22, 2020, 03:30:18 PM »

The Shock itself is incredibly light. So the massive emitter is more noticeable on that hilt. The Archon is thicker with a heavier pommel, so it's less noticeable, but still there.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Vaius
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #791 on: May 22, 2020, 04:35:08 PM »

The Shock itself is incredibly light. So the massive emitter is more noticeable on that hilt. The Archon is thicker with a heavier pommel, so it's less noticeable, but still there.

But the overlay doesn't sit right on the Archon so that does me no good

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #792 on: May 22, 2020, 05:28:35 PM »

But the overlay doesn't sit right on the Archon so that does me no good
As I replied to BatMike, you could find material to make a shim in order to tighten it up. And TBH, I don't know if that is just on my hilt, or if that is true for all. Variations in machining and what not.

Sig by For Tyeth

Darth Vaius
Knight Sergeant

« Reply #793 on: May 22, 2020, 09:58:43 PM »

As I replied to BatMike, you could find material to make a shim in order to tighten it up. And TBH, I don't know if that is just on my hilt, or if that is true for all. Variations in machining and what not.

I imagine it would be the same for all hilts. I might go with the Shock just to be safe. I can compensate for the weight difference.

BatMike90
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -793

Dark (Knight) Side Points.

« Reply #794 on: May 22, 2020, 11:41:42 PM »

If they don't, I'm pretty sure you could get some thin plastic to shim up the gap. I think the Dominicide would be a brick with Menace emitters, but should look cool.

My Scorpion staff with QD coupler is a brick. So two Menace emitters on a Dominicide should not be terrible. lol.

Arsenel:
RGBW DIAMOND: Archon v3.1 / Dominicide / Graflex SE /  Guardian
V4 SOUND : Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Emperor's Hand
STUNT: Aeon v4 / Bellicose / Dark Apprentice v4 (x2) / Dark Prophecy v3 (x2) / Phantom Initiate V4 / Prophecy v3 / Renegade LE / Scorpion (x2)
Star Wars Cosplay Alias:
Merik Wolfe (Jedi Knight) / Darth Marcotus (Sith Warrior)
BatMike90's Soundfonts

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: