Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 55   Go Down
Author Topic: The Emitter/Pommel Reference Guide (picture request thread)  (Read 381833 times)
BenPass
Knight of the Consular Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 690

Jedi Consular

« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2012, 01:29:18 PM »

Here are some pics. I have recently removed the wrap I made so this is what it looks like stock with the pommel.

May the Force be with me? Sure! It can come along!
"Lux triumphat super obscurum" - "Light triumphs over darkness"

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2012, 08:14:25 PM »

This was a Glamour shot for my brother.

Top Down.

It is 19" inches long.

It's a full on two-hander.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2012, 04:42:24 PM »

I posted some farther away images of this combination in the Gallery thread, but I thought some close-ups were called for in this sticky.

Pictured is the Archon V2, with a vented coupler replacing the standard neck, and the Raven SS pommel.

**Took quite a few tries to get this photo linking/resizing to work, but it was worth it.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 04:58:48 PM by Abraxus » Logged

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

Canadianknight
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 23

« Reply #48 on: July 05, 2012, 01:55:20 AM »

So my buddy Skullflare dropped by with his RGB Raven today, so I could have a look.  Also so he could check out my DVA Guardian.

It was then we tried a little experiment. 

Kinda diggin' the Raven with the Guardian pommel!  Smiley

turiansniper
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 28

light side please

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2012, 11:14:35 AM »

First off let me just say that I wasn't too sure whether I should have opened a new thread just for this and if there is an existing thread which this can be merged into please do so.

So anyways enough of that. Dusted off my sabers tonight for a few swings just to find out the batteries are depleted =( so while they are getting juiced back up in my infinite boredom I decided to swap both the Consular and Archon v2 emitters and pommels around and the results was this:

I was surprised at how natural the swap looked and felt in my hands and I will definitely keep them in this configuration for a while longer. Thanks to the Archon emitter (the choke piece refuses to come off and I value the skin on my palms) the Consular can fit 3 hands comfortable on the hilt and I'm guessing if I attached another Archon emitter to the other end it would make a pretty funky double sided saber.

The Archon on the other hand has shrunk considerably and probably similar to the Prophecy in length which is perfect for younglings and girls (yes, in my mind girls all have small dainty hands).

Sorry for the lack of pictures since I was feeling extremely lazy hence my reluctance to make this post but meh what the hey right?

SY Archon v2 - Darigaaz, The Igniter
VA Consular - Crosis, The Purger
GB Guardian - Dromar, The Banisher
BR Raven - Rith, The Awakener

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2012, 02:04:11 AM »

Ok , so I got my Malice emitter today and had some fun! The emitter can be separated and bolth sections are MHS compatible. The neck piece is quite weighted so if moved to the pommel end of the saber it somewhat balances it. To straiten the emitter I believe an O ring will be needed. On with the pics!!

dark side points please

Waxman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 114

« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2012, 07:09:00 AM »

Probably not as impressive as all the other pommels exhibited on this thread and probably not even considered a pommel in general, but surprisingly, the Vented Coupler works REALLY WELL as a pommel, not only adding a proper amount of weight adjustment to those Initiate's, but also giving considerable hand room for a much more comfortable grip, or at least for the people with big hands.

It also just looks really nice and stylish.  Cool

Any chance someone could post a photograph of the Malice Emitter as a Pommel?
Someone said awhile back that it would be impractical but I beg to differ.

With all the sabers showing the Raven and War Glaive emitters as pommels it would sure be nice to see the Malice complete the picture.

I mean think of it, one side is a saber and the other side is a small battle-axe.
I don't think anything can top that really.

Unless Ultrasabers comes out with a blaster model that shoots lightsabers as projectiles.  Shocked
Yeah, I don't think anything can top that.  Grin
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 07:13:05 AM by Waxman » Logged

Ultrasabers:
Bellicose-VA. Bane-BR. Consular-CG. x2 Initiate V3-SY. Aeon V3-GB. x4 Yari [Pike] Extensions.
Grab-Bag:
Aeon V3-GB. Dark Liberator V3-AB. Dominix V2-AB. Dominix V2-GB. Initiate V2-BR
Wishlist:
Manticore-PO. Dark Catalyst-Emerald. Shock LE-SY. Overlord-BR. Bellicose-VA. Archon-CG. Arbiter-AS.

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2012, 07:57:01 PM »

Whatever, it doesn't matter how heavy it is, what matters is how it would look.

Besides, by that point its all about looks anyway.  I mean, I envision the person with it would use it more as a scepter than a fighting tool, allowing all of his minions to do the fighting while he/she just watches.

It's like using a Scythe as a weapon.  Yes it can be done, but it's too impractical, the weight difference and the hand position is just too weird.  A sickle, however, works much better.

It almost comes to the point where you would handle the saber in the backhand position but still giving you the ability to attack with the "end" of the saber with the claws/axe.  Heck, if the claws were cortosis or durasteel or metal with vibration technology, then you could use it to catch a saber blade, quite literally as a claw, and yank it out of an opponents hand, all the while slashing with the saber-blade.
Fortunately we still using aircraft aluminum and plastic for the Ultrasaber products, but if the claws are durable enough to make it onto an Ultrasaber product then I don't see why it cannot be used for something more functional than merely aesthetic purposes.

I mean, if it really is that too terribly heavy, well wouldn't it unbalance it in general regardless of the position of where its located, be it the pommel or emitter?  If you have a HG blade with the claws, wouldn't that make it off-center?
Unless the Malice Pommel is heavy as well to act as a counter to the Emitter?

I can't wait to see it.
Thanks.

Well, I can see your point, but I still say it would not be a very smart move. Looks good aesthetically, but it would get you killed in a duel, the weight balance is totally off, and I was using my 2nd heaviest saber as a counter-balance attempt. Maybe a HG blade would help, but the MG surely didn't.

In the proper Malice, the weight is still somewhat off, but at least it's to the emitter side, which does makes your swings slower, but adds a lot of power to them. With the Malice emitter at the other end, the weight goes all to the pommel side, which makes your swings slower, weaker, and drains your strenght.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

Abraxus
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -32

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2012, 08:59:20 PM »

Hey guys, would anyone be able to post a picture of the Archon v2 with the black & silver vented coupler in place of the neck(with the blade in and the saber turned on)? I think I may have seen it somewhere, but I can't find it anywhere, and it's definitely not in this thread.

I'll post a picture of it eventually, if no one else does by the time I get my Archon (and if I order the coupler soon).

I have an Archon that I posted pictures of, with exactly that set-up!  You can find it here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/100269279489461982966/LightSabers

PM me if that does not work, and we can figure out an alternative method to get you the pics.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:03:48 PM by Abraxus » Logged

My Collection
------------
Dark Prophecy (Consular Green)
Archon V2 (Blazing Red/Arctic Blue)
Raven (Violet Amethyst)
Initiate V3 (Guardian Blue)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »

No problem, I just want to see how it fits in.

Here are some pics!

This is the Catalyst pommel I believe:

Here's the Consular pommel:

And the Dark Prophecy V3 pommel:

And finally the Initiate V3 pommel:

Hope that helps!

Vex
Knight Commander

« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2012, 08:45:41 PM »

Here it is with the Gaurdian pommel, and the Dark Catalyst pommel.

dark side points please

Vex
Knight Commander

« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2012, 05:55:01 PM »

Here is a nice 2 hander a Dark Arbitrable Overlord. I used the Overlords emitter and body , and the Dark Arbiters grenade grip and pommel.

dark side points please

Vex
Knight Commander

« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2012, 10:46:01 PM »

Pic request: Overlord with the Gardian pommel. I know there is one pic of it allready but its kinda blurry, so I was hoping for a nicer shot or two? Please?  Smiley

Pic request#2: Overlord with the malice round pommel.  Smiley

Thankyou!  Smiley

dark side points please

Lord Cooler
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -80

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2012, 03:43:58 PM »

Thanks Vex. Point for you.  Smiley How do you like the gardian pommel on the overlord with the regular overlord emmiter? Does it look and feel awesome?

Still would like to see an overlord with a malice round pommel if anybody has it?

Thanks.  Smiley

There ya go. Would've taken them sooner, but my camera was being a pain.

RGB Raven "Stalker"
BR Overlord "Doombringer"
GB Prophecy "Salvation"
BR Malice "Reaver"
SRD Bellicose "Protector"
DVA Dominix v3 LE "Corruption"
GB Raven "Azure"

eerockk
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 662

TPLA Lx Apprentice - Nova 7

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2012, 04:53:43 AM »

Not sure if I saw the Bellicose with the Archon Pommel. If so, delete my post and smack me with a dark side point for my lack of, erm, vision.

Bellicose - Prophecy V3 - Overlord - Archon 2.1 - Guardian

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 55   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: