Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 55   Go Down
Author Topic: The Emitter/Pommel Reference Guide (picture request thread)  (Read 384333 times)
James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2014, 09:18:57 PM »

Can anyone put together a Dark Catalyst with the Dark Shock emitter and/or pommel, please?

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2014, 10:14:41 PM »

Can anyone put the Manticore emitter on an Archon v2.1 with any low profile pommel?

Lightside points if any are given

Jedi Knight Matatabi
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 105

There is no Dark, nor Light. Only The Force.

« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2014, 02:42:55 AM »

Could anyone post a pic of a saber like this but intead of the azure reaper base, shock emitter, and catalyst pommel, put a black reaper base, dark shock emitter, and a dark catalyst pommel while keeping the Consular shroud? You don't have to make the shroud stay on. Just long enough to take a quick pic.

Bonus points for having it with a purple blade. XD

Light side points please.

Darth Cephalus
Supreme Heresiarch of Inadvisable Saber Techniques
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -915

Who watches the watchmen?

« Reply #138 on: April 04, 2014, 03:12:22 AM »

Can anyone put the Manticore emitter on an Archon v2.1 with any low profile pommel?

Here you go. As far as designs go, it is interesting but a bit stubby for my tastes. You will have to envision it without my black grip, as that would usually just be solid silver from the black rings down.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 03:16:33 AM by Darth Cephalus » Logged

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #139 on: April 04, 2014, 04:18:19 AM »

In addition to Darth Cephalus's photo:

with black pommel

with silver pommel

just be aware the pommels don't line up flush with the body Smiley

and while i am at it (apologies if these have been posted before)

manticore with black low profile pommel

manticore body, shock emitter and pommel- i am a fan of the shock emitter on the manticore body but scrap the pommel imo
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 04:27:02 AM by B1ondeange1 » Logged

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #140 on: April 04, 2014, 04:32:32 AM »

just be aware the pommels don't line up flush with the body Smiley

The low profile Manticore pommel comes a bit closer than the initiate but there is still a little bit of a discrepancy (about a millimeter).

Kal-El
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 97

Demon with the face of an Angel

« Reply #141 on: April 04, 2014, 10:43:36 AM »

Here you go. As far as designs go, it is interesting but a bit stubby for my tastes. You will have to envision it without my black grip, as that would usually just be solid silver from the black rings down.

Points! That's exactly the look I was going for! I actually want to use the Archon pommel I think, but where did you get the carbon fiber from? This was going to be a black hockey tape wrap for me, but that carbon would look so much better with the classic Archon pommel on there. Please PM me a link to buy that carbon fiber sticker. Thank you for all other pictures posted, points to all.
Yes it will be a little stubby however will be for my 9yr old and this size is perfect for him. If you have ever seen my DWG with the Manticore emitter and low profile pommel, this size and style is very similar. That one is currently being used by my 7yr old.

Lightside points if any are given

Jedi Knight Matatabi
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #142 on: April 04, 2014, 02:09:32 PM »

manticore body, shock emitter and pommel- i am a fan of the shock emitter on the manticore body but scrap the pommel imo

What pommel is that? Cause it doesn't look like the shock pommel like you said. The one you're showing has grooves on it.
And is that pommel somewhat cone shaped like the shock pommel or is it straight?

Aurick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 137

« Reply #143 on: April 04, 2014, 02:12:29 PM »

That is the shock pommel, on the site it has no grooves but they have added the grooves since that pic was taken so it's in the same class as the LE and the dark version. And it is straight not tapered. It always appears tapered to me but it is actually straight. Hope that helps Smiley

Liberator V3 VA
Dominix V3 GB
Dark Iniatiate V2 LE in FO (sons)
Iniatiate V2 in SRD (daughters)
Dark initiate V3 LE in CG (daughters)
Archon V2.1 CG/FO
Dark shock (emerald) custom
Standard Issue in CG
Dominix V2 LE in BR

Jedi Knight Matatabi
Knight Arbiter

« Reply #144 on: April 04, 2014, 02:14:51 PM »

That is the shock pommel, on the site it has no grooves but they have added the grooves since that pic was taken so it's in the same class as the LE and the dark version. And it is straight not tapered. It always appears tapered to me but it is actually straight. Hope that helps Smiley
Darn. Was hoping it was tapered. Oh well. Maybe in the future they'll add grooves to the Catalyst.

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #145 on: April 04, 2014, 02:26:26 PM »

Um, the shock pommel is tapered. At the bottom its about 38.7mm diameter, about 41.8mm at the top where its widest near the thread (don't take these for exact, I only roughly chucked the vernier calipers on it) on one of mine- and all three I have are tapered. sure there's only a few mm in it, but they are tapered Smiley

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Cephalus
Knight Commander

« Reply #146 on: April 05, 2014, 12:11:40 AM »

Points! That's exactly the look I was going for! I actually want to use the Archon pommel I think, but where did you get the carbon fiber from? This was going to be a black hockey tape wrap for me, but that carbon would look so much better with the classic Archon pommel on there. Please PM me a link to buy that carbon fiber sticker. Thank you for all other pictures posted, points to all.
Yes it will be a little stubby however will be for my 9yr old and this size is perfect for him. If you have ever seen my DWG with the Manticore emitter and low profile pommel, this size and style is very similar. That one is currently being used by my 7yr old.

I don't have a link to the sticker because I just had it sitting around. I do give the options that you can use to look for one in the thread on that customization here
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=18188.0

chicago.jedi
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 287

Light side points please

« Reply #147 on: April 05, 2014, 01:37:19 AM »

I just started this project and picked up these parts. I am very pleased and excited about this combination of US parts so I figured I would share it now on this thread.

Overlord Emitter, Shock body, Manticore high profile pommel.

This saber will be a gift build for my wife......shhhhhhh....don't tell her...it's a surprise.

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #148 on: April 05, 2014, 01:02:05 PM »

That's an interesting look! I've never thought of that combo before. The Shock hilt is so versatile though that I think it would look good with any pommel or emitter, especially if they compliment one another.

sandman
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -52

Dark Side points please

« Reply #149 on: April 05, 2014, 07:53:56 PM »

The Shock hilt is so versatile though that I think it would look good with any pommel or emitter, especially if they compliment one another.

Indeed! I had been planning this for a while.

Parts used

Emitters: Dark Shock, Consular, Dark War Glaive w/ Silver Claws

Pommels: Dark Shock, Consular, Archon, Guardian, Initiate

Bonus: Dark Arbiter Neck

Here we go

Inventory:
- Dark Shock (Emerald)
- Consular (Emerald)

Wishlist:
- Catalyst
- Manticore

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 55   Go Up