Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 55   Go Down
Author Topic: The Emitter/Pommel Reference Guide (picture request thread)  (Read 381786 times)
DavidOgilvie
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2014, 06:43:12 AM »

Thank you very much Molina! Point. Looks very impressive, although im not so sure about the step up in diameter from the bottom of the hilt to the top of the pommel.. I wasnt expecting the mantis pommel to be so big!
Is that diameter change particularly noticeable when holding the saber? 

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 459

« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2014, 01:47:37 PM »

Thank you very much Molina! Point. Looks very impressive, although im not so sure about the step up in diameter from the bottom of the hilt to the top of the pommel.. I wasnt expecting the mantis pommel to be so big!
Is that diameter change particularly noticeable when holding the saber? 

I didn't wield it, I just stuck the pommel on and took the pic.  I doubt it would be that noticeable for me though since I tend to hold my Prophecy one-handed at the lower choke point, and not near the pommel.

That's one thing I don't like about putting a premium saber pommel and a non-premium saber.  They have larger diameters so the pommels are going to look like that. 

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

DavidOgilvie
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -7

« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2014, 02:10:01 PM »

I didn't wield it, I just stuck the pommel on and took the pic.  I doubt it would be that noticeable for me though since I tend to hold my Prophecy one-handed at the lower choke point, and not near the pommel.

That's one thing I don't like about putting a premium saber pommel and a non-premium saber.  They have larger diameters so the pommels are going to look like that. 

Ok fair enough, ill try and decide whether i aim for that option or not then! Yeah i didnt realise the diameters of the two would be different - im a bit of a perfectionist so that sort of thing might annoy me..

Thanks for the help anyway!

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2014, 02:24:21 PM »

Happy to help.  If I remember I'll swing the thing around tonight and see how it handles with the heavier pommel.

Can someone help me with what an Initiate V3 (preferrably LE but either will do) would look like with the Shock LE and Bellicose short groove pommels?   

I felt a great disturbance in the force as if millions of nerds cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.

Integrity can accommodate the inadvertent error and the honest difference of opinion; it cannot accommodate deceit or subordination of principle.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 60

« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2014, 02:50:13 PM »

I can get the bellicose for you yes.

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Stunt- Standard issue - SRD
Obsidian- Dark prophecy - FO
Obsidian A+G Emerald- Consular w/ mantis clawed emitter (1st place)
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR
Obsidian- Dark Liberator CG (3rd place)
Obsidian RGBW Emerald- Spectre
Kids'- Initiate v3 - CG / Dark initiate v3 - AB / Initiate LEv4 GB

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2014, 02:57:13 PM »

I know Darth Vaders' really got you annoyed, but remember if you kill him then you'll be unemployed.
Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2014, 03:04:47 PM »

I don't know if it's just my work computer, but your pics don't seem to be showing up.

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2014, 03:53:59 PM »

Im trying to find just the right pommel to go with my silver Prophecy as well, but even though I like the look of that Mantis pommel in general, it looks like an orange on a toothpick in that picture.  The Prophecy is not a big, brutal looking hilt, more like a Porsche and less like a diesel truck.

I'm thinking maybe Manticore high pommel on Prophecy would be nice.  Pretty sure there's a pic of that around here somewhere but not sure.  Not even sure if US sells that pommel separately though.  Edit:  Oh, yes they do.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2014, 03:58:16 PM »

Im trying to find just the right pommel to go with my silver Prophecy as well, but even though I like the look of that Mantis pommel in general, it looks like an orange on a toothpick in that picture.  The Prophecy is not a big, brutal looking hilt, more like a Porsche and less like a diesel truck.

I'm thinking maybe Manticore high pommel on Prophecy would be nice.  Pretty sure there's a pic of that around here somewhere but not sure.  Not even sure if US sells that pommel separately though.  Edit:  Oh, yes they do.

Indeed they do.  If you can't find the pic and I can get one for you tonight.  If you want to see the Prophecy with the pommel of any of the sabers in my sig I can get that for you too.

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2014, 04:09:46 PM »

That would be my first choice as well for a Prophecy replacement pommel. It suits it well, as well as other sabers I have seen it on like the Shock.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #265 on: August 12, 2014, 04:11:44 PM »

Not sure Molina but I see them here on my phone and tablet.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Ziran Le
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 55

« Reply #266 on: August 12, 2014, 04:18:40 PM »

FYI I can see your pics just fine Greywalker.

[img width= height=]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-swtor/b44df17a0009fcd0.png[/img]

UltraSabers : 7
Prophecy V3 (GB w/Obsidian), Liberator V3 (AS with yellow filter), Dominix V3 (GB), Standard Issue V3 (FO), Aeon LE V3 (VA - Wife's), Dominix LE V2 (BR - Son's, 5yo), Dark Init. LE V2 (CG - Daughter's, 8yo)

Want: Archon, Bellicose, Graflex, Chosen One, new V4s

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #267 on: August 12, 2014, 04:21:06 PM »

Yeah. I'd say it's the computer then.

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Molina00
Forum Emissary
Knight Commander

« Reply #268 on: August 12, 2014, 04:34:38 PM »

Hmm, can't see them on my iPod either.  Guess I'll have to wait till I get home.   Undecided
Thanks anyway for posting them.  I'll give you a point even though I can't see them yet.

Greywalker83
Knight Lt. Commander

« Reply #269 on: August 12, 2014, 05:05:51 PM »

Lol. I'll try pming them to you

Sabers I own:
Obsidian- Bellicose - BR

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 55   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: