Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 55   Go Down
Author Topic: The Emitter/Pommel Reference Guide (picture request thread)  (Read 380883 times)
Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« on: October 05, 2011, 05:45:18 PM »

THE EMITTER/POMMEL REFERENCE GUIDE

::Try to Post only if you have pictures to share or If you want to request a picture of a particular combination.All other posts will be deleted when i go through the thread about once every  month to clean it out so its ok to post complements and such, but remember they will be deleted by the months end so that the thread remains organized.
 For requests have your post say something like this EX: Does anyone have the parts to make (__________) I would greatly appreciate it if you would post a picture of  it.

Remember to give the person who fills a request a force pt since they are going out of their way to to take a pic of a particular combination just for you.  Smiley
If you have a question about the posted emitters/pommels in this thread post/pm the person who posted the  picture or a moderator.

Also REMEMBER TO CHECK THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE POSTING A REQUEST, Since whatever combo your looking for may have already been shown.  Smiley
If you wish to edit your post or add more pics send me or Maroon a pm so we can edit it for you.- Big Boss Gallery Moderator
::
heres the link to the Ultra store to buy parts http://www.ultrasabers.com/category-s/84.htm

Maroons original post starts now

I hit upon what I think is a great idea for a thread yesterday, so I took some pics this morning and I'm tossing it up today. Mods, if this belongs in another thread feel free to move. I just put it here cause it's gonna be pic heavy if it takes off. lol BTW, if this does take off, it might be worth pinning. Just IMHO.  Grin

The purpose of this thread is to establish a visual reference of what different MHS, and specifically Ultra's MHS, compatible Pommels look like on different Ultrasabers. With the release of the new V3 line making all the old Stunt sabers MHS compatible now, it seemed like perfect timing for this. By extension, I think we can also include MHS emitters in this Guide, though fewer sabers have MHS emitters by comparison to all except the V2 Stunts being MHS Pommels. Also, feel free to note what you find to be some of the pluses and minuses of certain combinations. If you find a pommel has greater resonance than another, somebody might find your experience helpful!

Anyways, I'll kick off with my modest contributions with one final note: Please, lets not take up space in this thread with pics of sabers with their stock pommels (unless they just happen to be in the background). Everyone can see what the stock combinations look like on the store's site, so I don't think we need to take up space in this thread with that. Smiley Thanks in advance for any and all contributions, and I hope somebody finds this helpful!

CE Prophecy with Archon V2 Pommel
Wanted to note here, a good replacement pommel for your Prophecy. The notched out spaces help keep it out of your way despite the larger size compared to the stock pommel on this saber.

CE Prophecy with Bellicose Short Groove Pommel

Bellicose with CE Prophecy Pommel
Now, from what I've seen the poor little Prophecy Pommels seem to get neglected. I've never heard of anybody throwing one on anything except a Prophecy. I thought mine would be obsolete when I got my Archon pommel for my Proph, but then I discovered something. The Prophecy Pommel has a GREAT hidden power! IT'S A MUTE! When you need to keep your awesome sound equipped saber toned down late at night, or don't want to bother the neighbors, or your Sister is studying for finals... just pop in your Prophecy Pommel and the sound will mute down to a volume you can hear, but won't bother the guy on the other side of your wall.

Bellicose with Archon V2 Pommel
This pommel is a hair longer than the Bellicose Pommel, and I think it has a little bit deeper resonance. It makes the sound just seem slightly darker to me.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 01:33:48 PM by Moderator Big Boss » Logged

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 07:10:12 PM »

This is a great idea for a thread sticky!.I think this thread is fine where it is since pictures are needed for each person's post.I don't think it would fall into the  Ultra Saber Customizations section since people aren't truly customizing/changing the saber like a paint job. They just changing the pommel and emitter which can easily be changed back. Also i can keep a closer eye on it if it is in the gallery as well.So people only post if you have pictures to share, posts saying stuff with no pictures will be removed I would like this thread to be filled with pictures not words. This is a picture guide not a book Tongue. This will allow it to develop into a nice quick reference guide . Smiley

Bane with oppressor pommel and prophecy with Bane pommel
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 02:26:29 AM by Big Boss » Logged

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 12:19:48 AM »

My buddy and I hit an early Costume Party last night, so I'm happy to contribute some pics of Pommel combos with his Consular!

Consular with Bellicose Short Groove Pommel. I think this is a good look with the shroud, but then it strikes me more and more that this particular pommel just looks 'good' on any saber. It has nice detail, makes good sound, and has enough silver and black to balance well visually with any of the 2 toned sabers. It's also starting to strike me that this pommel can sound tinny, or higher pitched, with certain sound fonts now that I've been experimenting with them.

Consular with Archon V2 Pommel. Again, I LOVE this pommel and it's gives a deeper sound that I learned to appreciate after my early dark side MR sabers. However, I don't think it has the right lines to really match up with the Consular. The styles are too different, and they just clash to my eyes.

Bellicose with Consular Pommel. I didn't pay to close attention to this pommel's sound, but to my ears it just seems 'standard.' I'd say this pommel gives you a pretty good middle resonance that sounds good, but is not really high or low per say. I also think that as far as the looks department, this is a GREAT match for the Bellicose. It really keeps the flow with the all black grips, and I may actually have to buy myself one as I like the softer rounded shape compared to the stock pommel on this saber.

Unfortunately, I didn't think to slap the Consular Pommel on my CE Prophecy for a pic... but then I have the feeling that much black at the bottom of an essentially all silver saber would not look right to me. *shrug* Hopefully, I'll remember to get a pic next time so we can see for sure. Smiley

I am not a color...

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 10:38:30 PM »

Here you go!

More will come when the rest of my sabers get shipped.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Kannik
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 30

Lovin' Life

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2011, 06:28:20 AM »

Hi all, here are a couple of different heads on the Archon v2 body:

With a War Glaive head (silver with black claws, looking excellent):

With a Consular emitter:

peace,

Kannik

"Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule."

Archon v2.1 w/ v3 head: Consular Green
Archon v2 w/ War Glaive head : Fire Orange
Archon v3 w/ Menace head & custom neck : Arctic Blue
Guardian:  Guardian Blue
Dark Prophecy V3: Arctic Blue
Sentinel LE v4 w/ extended handle:  Guardian Blue

Big Boss
Mandalore
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -323

Galactic basic you nerfherder! Do you speak it!?

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 05:28:20 AM »

These are Laserrays pictures and they show various pommels/emitter combinations heres his original thread.http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3358.0

Shock LE Archon V2 emitter close-up:

Shock LE Archon V2:

Dark Shock Archon V2:

Dark War Archon V2 with silver claws:

The pair of Dark War Archon V2s:

Archon V2 staff:

Shock LE Archon V2 staff:

One must die and one must live. No victory, no defeat. The survivor will carry on the fight. It is our destiny... The one who survives will inherit the title of Boss.-BIG BASS

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 09:54:22 PM »

Dark Shock Glaive

I would like to get all these pieces in normal silver.

Dark War Shock

This one looks really neat. A nice simple looking saber.

‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Nyte
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -27

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2011, 08:50:16 AM »

Could someone upload a photo of the Consular hilt with a Dark War Glaive emitter? Preferably with silver claws! Smiley
edited by boss:
Nyte if you looked at the top of the thread it States post only if you have pics and if you have questions pm me or one of the posters. Never the less i found the the pic you were looking for  Smiley
edit: Looks like Kham posted some too, sneaky little jedi  Cheesy

darthnewb 's
Consular with Dark War Glaive emitter and pommel

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 03:54:46 PM by Big Boss » Logged

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR
Bellicose - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Consular - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Dark War Glaive - Obsidian, red AV, QD
Archon V2 - Obsidian, green AV, QD
CG, BR, VA, GB, FO, SRD MLS units

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2011, 03:42:05 PM »

Could someone upload a photo of the Consular hilt with a Dark War Glaive emitter? Preferably with silver claws! Smiley

Absolutely!

Here ya go. Grin

Plus an extra,

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 10:13:04 PM »

Nice to see requests being filled! This brings to mind, perhaps we should add a companion thread pinned next to this one for specific requests?

Some NEW photos for you all! Enjoy!

Archon V2 with Aeon V3 Pommel.

Something special...

Archon V2 INVERTED! Now, to actually make this functional you'd have to wire everything the other way, but still. I think it looks interesting. A good DIY project.

Archon V2 with Bellicose Short Groove Pommel.

Archon V2 with Prophecy CE Pommel.

Aeon V3 with Archon V2 Pommel.

And introducing another first component for the Guide......

THE STAFF SECTION! ! !

Prophecy V2 CE, coupled with Archon V2 Neck Piece, to Bellicose. (I think I might be the first to have tried that, and I must say I like it! That neck piece makes a great choke grip point for a staff, and I also have to note that with a box on my Bellicose the natural grip point provides a workable, if somewhat lopsided, balance for the staff. I'm still not a staff fighter, but for just looking all out awesome this is fun!)

I am not a color...

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2011, 04:06:37 AM »

Here is the new Overlord pictured with 11 different pommels:

With Standard Sound Pommel

With Raven Pommel

With War Glaive Pommel

With Bane Pommel

With Archon Pommel

With Archon Classic Pommel

With Shock LE Pommel

With Shock Pommel

With Bellicose Pommel (Long Grooves)

With Dark Shock Pommel

With War Glaive 2 Pommel

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

Manroon
Knight Commander

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2011, 06:56:24 PM »

As requested by my Wingmate, TJ:

The Consular with Archon V2 Emitter. I really liked this combo. The looks are great, and it altered the feel of the Consular providing a better grip/choke point, and directed the balance further towards the pommel making for a great spinning saber and an overall more 'lightsaber' feel to the weapon. I honestly wanted to have one myself again after playing with this, and I was not initially a fan of the Consular's balance. Great looks, good handling, but the weight never felt right to me. This emitter solved that, though I think it might have made handling a little trickier with the pommel heavy balance.

On the flip side, I also like the Consular Emitter on the Archon V2. It's a very interesting look that immediately gives you a unique Old Republic style saber. I imagine this is a darker feel to what the Shock Emitter would do to the Archon V2. Of course, losing the neck piece makes this a much smaller hilt. A good candidate for an initiate blade and use as a shoto.

I am not a color...

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2011, 02:00:54 AM »

Ok time for some fun! I used my Consular,Overlord,and Wargaive emitter MHS parts  for the following pics.

dark side points please

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2011, 02:16:45 AM »

And here's one of the Overlord with the Dark War Glaive Emitter

Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

Kham-Ryn Kurios
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2011, 08:49:41 PM »

I noticed a lack of love for the catalyst..

Archon V2 Pommel

Bellicose Short Grooves.

Raven SS Pommel

Consular Pommel

Bane Pommel

Dark War Glaive Pommel

Dark Shock Pommel

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 55   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: