Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 55   Go Down
Author Topic: The Emitter/Pommel Reference Guide (picture request thread)  (Read 381783 times)
MarianLH
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 7

« Reply #540 on: June 20, 2016, 03:31:05 PM »

I'd like to see an Arbiter with the grenade-grip neck replaced by the neck from the Archon 2.1.

Is it possible to swap out the neck on an Arbiter with Emerald v4, or is it like the Catalyst where it's wired in and can't be removed without messing with the electronics?

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense; never for attack.

Seano
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -229

« Reply #541 on: June 21, 2016, 09:03:30 AM »

Some mixing up of my pommels and emitters from my Archon and customised Overlord -

Ramse Moade the Grey

Current Sabres - Graflex SE in GB & Obsidian V3, Shock in TRI BR (QD's) & Obsidian V3, Customised Dorinian with Diamond Controller, Dark Catalyst in Adegan Silver with Arctic Blue FOC and Obsidian V3 (Customisation WIP)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #542 on: June 22, 2016, 08:53:34 PM »

I'd like to see an Arbiter with the grenade-grip neck replaced by the neck from the Archon 2.1.

Is it possible to swap out the neck on an Arbiter with Emerald v4, or is it like the Catalyst where it's wired in and can't be removed without messing with the electronics?

You can see mine.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #543 on: June 22, 2016, 09:03:40 PM »

I should think so. It would look rather crappy if the anodizer couldn't maintain shade quality. I'm fairly certain that the all the blue components are not run as sets of finished hilts, but rather in batches. Like one load is all bodies, and another is all emitters.

Anodized colors and consistency...well, based on my Crimson Scorpion, US's anodizer does a pretty good job.  But the exact shade of the anodized part IS going to vary, depending on the exact composition of the alloy (which are made with allowable tolerances for the proportions of the metals in the alloy), temperature, temper of the metal, shape of the piece, etc.

So, US's anodizer does a pretty good job, but you shouldn't expect that all the different components will be precisely the same shade.  There'll be a pair of acceptable extremes, and the end products will fall somewhere in the range of exact shades.

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #544 on: June 22, 2016, 09:05:47 PM »

It's just black anodize. Wink

My Dark Apprentice, received via the free initiate promo that was run just after the first spring raffle this year, is noticeably more matte in it's black anodized finish than any of my other hilts.  Black does tend to be easier to get consistent results with, but there are always going to be some batches that, for whatever reason, come out just a little different.

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #545 on: June 23, 2016, 05:24:43 PM »

Anodized colors and consistency...well, based on my Crimson Scorpion, US's anodizer does a pretty good job.  But the exact shade of the anodized part IS going to vary, depending on the exact composition of the alloy (which are made with allowable tolerances for the proportions of the metals in the alloy), temperature, temper of the metal, shape of the piece, etc.

So, US's anodizer does a pretty good job, but you shouldn't expect that all the different components will be precisely the same shade.  There'll be a pair of acceptable extremes, and the end products will fall somewhere in the range of exact shades.
My Dark Apprentice, received via the free initiate promo that was run just after the first spring raffle this year, is noticeably more matte in it's black anodized finish than any of my other hilts.  Black does tend to be easier to get consistent results with, but there are always going to be some batches that, for whatever reason, come out just a little different.

I've also heard that US uses 6061 alloy, which is kind of temperamental when it comes to anodizing. Like my Scorp shroud and pommel cap are like a blue/black finish but the underlay body and pommel neck are like a perfect matte pitch. At a glance you won't notice, but upon close inspection it can be seen. So yes variations will occur between parts, but not to a too terribly noticeable degree.

Sig by For Tyeth

Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

MarianLH
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #546 on: June 23, 2016, 05:34:42 PM »

You can see mine.

Actually, I can't. Your image doesn't load for me, and when I paste the URL in manually, I get an error saying I'm not logged into AOL.

Try hosting on photobucket?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #547 on: June 23, 2016, 07:38:18 PM »

Actually, I can't. Your image doesn't load for me, and when I paste the URL in manually, I get an error saying I'm not logged into AOL.

Try hosting on photobucket?

1) My office firewall doesn't like PB. So I can't view anybody's pics that use it.
2) I don't like using PB. It takes way too long to load a pic.

If you have email, I can send it to you.

Can everyone else see it?

EDIT: Whatever, this is close enough.

Sig by For Tyeth

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #548 on: June 23, 2016, 07:41:51 PM »

No, I can't see it either.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

MarianLH
Knight Apprentice

« Reply #549 on: June 23, 2016, 08:19:22 PM »

Um, that has no components in common with what I asked...?

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #550 on: June 23, 2016, 08:39:53 PM »

Never mind, I completely misread your initial question.

How about this?

Sig by For Tyeth

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #551 on: June 30, 2016, 04:26:34 AM »

Something I've never seen myself . . . Consular with the Guardian pommel.  Pairs up pretty nice I think  . . . seen in RGBA SY, a color that's been on my Consular for a while now . . . so nice with Amber.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #552 on: June 30, 2016, 03:42:52 PM »

Haz.. Love both the Guardian and Scorpion pommels on most any saber.  Sure adds another kick to that Consular.  Your pommel must be an older version as I cannot recall seeing those holes before.  Smiley   +1 

Something I've never seen myself . . . Consular with the Guardian pommel.  Pairs up pretty nice I think. 

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #553 on: June 30, 2016, 06:51:04 PM »

Thx D7 Smiley ... It's an older version, I also drilled out the center and added the extra holes on the side for better sound - was too muffled before.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

shade_1313
Knight Commander

« Reply #554 on: July 11, 2016, 02:45:16 AM »

I suppose I ought to put this here:

Final version will have some light machining/polishing on parts of the emitter, and is tentatively called the "Adjudicator".

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 55   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: