Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Author Topic: Saber Venting  (Read 21616 times)
Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #75 on: November 08, 2016, 02:28:47 AM »

Don't get me wrong, despite my negative view of where things are heading, I'm actually an optimist. I still hold onto the hope that things will get better, and lame ideas will get ironed out to better fit.

When I have advocated that the fans "own" this fictional universe, I spoke of a technicality. Think about what would happen to any major franchise that displeased enough of their fans. The ratings would plummet and no one would continue funding productions. By this technicality, LucasFilm works for us, and we pay them. We, the fans, pretty much have the ability to tell them that their work is not satisfactory and "they're fired." The problem is that too many don't see this and blindly accept everything as "good work." The same can be of other organizations that shall remain nameless on the forum. Wink
Ermahgerd, yes. When that stupid line came, I was about to puke. Then Han got offed. Pretty much the movie just fell apart after the Force vision. Angry Cry Actually it kinda fell apart after "A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away..." Tongue

As I said before, our only power as consumers is to not buy.. and I fully agree if enough people don't buy then they will change.  But, again, you seem to assume people just "blindly accept" it.  No doubt there are those out there who are that way, but there Are those of us who actually DID enjoy TFA.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #76 on: November 08, 2016, 08:00:05 PM »

As I said before, our only power as consumers is to not buy.. and I fully agree if enough people don't buy then they will change.  But, again, you seem to assume people just "blindly accept" it.  No doubt there are those out there who are that way, but there Are those of us who actually DID enjoy TFA.
Most assumptions are based on observation. But my sphere is limited. And everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But the buyer-seller relationship is no different than an employer-employee relationship. One pays the other, and discontinues to do so due to unsatisfactory results or performance.

But after a lengthy hiatus from the main point.... Grin

Has anyone else conceived that Ren intentionally cracked his crystal in order to achieve the resulting saber?

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #77 on: November 08, 2016, 08:56:51 PM »

Has anyone else conceived that Ren intentionally cracked his crystal in order to achieve the resulting saber?

Point for the idea.

Could a vent be put in without cracking it?

Is the vented energy from a cracked crystal seeping all around the crystal or with some focal point of it's own that the vent ports must match?

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2016, 09:08:57 PM »

Hmm... This is an interesting idea. But I don't like giving him that much credit.

Given Rens tendency towards fits of rage that often result in random destruction, perhaps he cracked the crystal out of anger.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Obese Wan Kenobese
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 338

Fretful Instigator of the Prismatic Order

« Reply #79 on: November 08, 2016, 09:17:09 PM »

That's how I'm still seeing it for now. And with the info from Ahsoka's novel about subduing a crystal, Ren may either damaged the crystal or the crystal split as he is split in his own thinking. DC has taken away much influence a Jedi has on their crystal, but seems to still transplant Ren's qualities to his saber.

Selfish passion is unquenching.
What strength have you when you are a slave to your passions?
What power without strength of character?
To self centered rage, you will be chained.
The dark side is no victory.

The long path to peace is through balanced emotions.
The first step to gaining knowledge is recognizing your own ignorance.
Serenity is patient, not passionate satisfaction.
Find harmony by understanding chaos.
Become one with the force, which will never die.

ithekro
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 227

Andromeda Rising

« Reply #80 on: November 09, 2016, 12:35:46 AM »

Something we do not know is if Kylo built a lightsaber prior to his fall.  Or if this saber is his first.  Or more interesting would be if this was his first saber that got damaged in battle and he rebuilt it into the crossguard based on what he could do with what remained of the crystal and hilt.

UltraSabers Owned:
Archon v3.1 (RGBW v4)
Apprentice v4 (RGBA v4)
Archon v2 (RGBW D)
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (AS)
Sentinel LE v4 (FO)
Dominix LE v4 (unknown)

UltraSaber's Gifted:
Initiate LE v4 (CG) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (BR) - Upgraded to Obsidian v4
Initiate v2 (AB)
Renegade (RGBW v4)
Graflex SE (RGBW v4)
The Dominix v2 (BR)
Dark Prophecy v3 (BR LITE)
Lost Grey (RBGW v4)
Fulcrum (RGBW v4)

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2768

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #81 on: November 09, 2016, 04:00:39 PM »

Hmm... This is an interesting idea. But I don't like giving him that much credit.

Given Rens tendency towards fits of rage that often result in random destruction, perhaps he cracked the crystal out of anger.
C'mon. I'm trying to give the character some chops instead of just being a pathetic emo wimp. And you have to admit, deliberately constructing this saber as it is makes for a more imposing villain.

That's how I'm still seeing it for now. And with the info from Ahsoka's novel about subduing a crystal, Ren may either damaged the crystal or the crystal split as he is split in his own thinking. DC has taken away much influence a Jedi has on their crystal, but seems to still transplant Ren's qualities to his saber.
Just....please......no. Can't they just tell a good sci-fi story without every last thing being crammed with rhetorical metaphor?

Something we do not know is if Kylo built a lightsaber prior to his fall.  Or if this saber is his first.  Or more interesting would be if this was his first saber that got damaged in battle and he rebuilt it into the crossguard based on what he could do with what remained of the crystal and hilt.
Doubtful. Unless the DC is throwing out everything we prized from the OC, Luke would doubtless have upheld the Jedi belief in resisting the temptation of easy power, and advocated simplicity in saber construction.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #82 on: November 09, 2016, 04:36:29 PM »

C'mon. I'm trying to give the character some chops instead of just being a pathetic emo wimp. And you have to admit, deliberately constructing this saber as it is makes for a more imposing villain.

That it does. At the very least if he constructed it that way purposely then it shows he has some sort of competence.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: