Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Author Topic: Ultrasabers colors as seen in person  (Read 41910 times)
Dave of the Sith
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -44

NO ONE GETS THE DROP ON THE MONARCH!!!

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2011, 01:03:21 AM »

Does anyone have a saber in "Bane's Heart" VA? I'd really like to get a staff in VA and was considering Dark Violet but after reading some of the descriptions I'm not sure. Perhaps comparing the Dark Violet and Bane's Heart could help me make a better decision before ordering.

Anyone have these tow colors so I can compare them?

War Glave Custom w/Quick Disconnect
Arbiter Custom now with Quick Disconnect
Blazing Red, Violet Amethyst, Arctic Blue
Twin Monarchs w/ Silver FoC and red AV
Blazing Red Silver finish
FEEL THE WRATH OF THE MONARCH!!
Episode III Sidious sound
Episode V sound
OBSIDIAN ALL THE WAY, BABY!

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2011, 05:44:37 AM »

please try to stay on track in this thread.  i know i'm notorious for goin off topic, but this is Nero's thread, and let's try and make it constructive.  please post only if you have some pics to add of an image that comes close to an ultrasaber color.

@dave dark violet is more of an indigo. while banes heart is more magenta.  i'll do some findings tomorrow, i'll try to make it a mission.  actually i cant.....since i dont own those colors, i cant compare it to something.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2011, 11:51:17 AM »

please try to stay on track in this thread.  i know i'm notorious for goin off topic, but this is Nero's thread, and let's try and make it constructive.  please post only if you have some pics to add of an image that comes close to an ultrasaber color.

Thanks Knight, I appreciate the help Smiley

I just wanted this thread so that people could really express the TRUE color of their sabers, so newbies have an idea.  We all know cameras warp saber colors terribly!  I'll try to find some swatches that express the colors I have seen in person...

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2011, 06:04:24 PM »

Thanks Knight, I appreciate the help Smiley

I just wanted this thread so that people could really express the TRUE color of their sabers, so newbies have an idea.  We all know cameras warp saber colors terribly!  I'll try to find some swatches that express the colors I have seen in person...

if it helps nero, LeeFilters has a digital swatch book. maybe you can color match there.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2011, 11:13:56 PM »

Nero isn't looking for himself.  He's trying to create a thread where people can look and read current owners opinions of colors.  Between Nero and I we have one or two sabers in every color.  Just looking to provide more information to the crowd of possible buyers.

d4rk5id3r
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -10

« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2011, 05:53:27 AM »

hi i was the first to order the bane's heart color. and yes, it is quite magenta, but in all honesty and not lying to myself to hype up the color: i must admit to all the nonsaber community people who have seen my saber refer to it is hot pink, or neon pink.

and yes i can see where they are coming from, but it is still a very awesome and vibrant color and i will always encourage anyone interested in the color to get it! it is really awesome and unique and fits into much of the expanded universe lore. don't let the haters bring you down, it is bane's heart! not neon pink! haha but i am not fretting, most of my friends just like to give me a hard time.

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 05:57:53 AM »

Here you go.

It's is Pink, Magenta, w/e you want to call it. It's pink.
This is with a normal Mid grade.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2031

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 10:22:08 PM »

I think Consular Green is a good color. In person to me it kind of has an emerald hint to it and my Blazing Red saber has the old Vader ESB saber red hint to it which I like. I don't have an Ultra Sabers blue yet so I couldn't tell you about that color. My next order will be in Arctic Blue though so I will tell you how that color is.

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Kezz
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2011, 06:29:44 PM »

Let me preface this by saying I only own an RGB model with Ultraedge so my results might be a bit different:

Most people seemed disappointed with the red but to me it looks the closest to the movies and was the one that impressed me the most.
blue is bright towards the emitter and a little lighter overall than I expected
green is a bright green, almost neon green color, again a lot lighter than I expected.
purple was the most disappointing for me, it is basically a bright pink and not very purple-ish more magenta color than anything else
the "white" color was actually a very light pastel pink color as well.  Right by the hilt it is actually white but towards the end of the blade it is a distinct light pink especially if held at a slight angle
the light blue is very nice cyan color and fairly impressive.  Of all the "mixed" colors the most impressive
the yellow is more of a gold and somewhat dull look, second best mixed color by far.

Again, I was pleasantly surprised with the red, it was the most accurate color to the movies and was fairly disappointed with the RGB purple.  I probably won't ever be using my saber with the white or purple settings.

Malek / Katarn
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 11

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 05:13:35 PM »

Arctic blue, consular hilt, heavy grade blade

"I'm no Jedi; I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions." ― Kyle Katarn

Consular in Arctic Blue - Jehuty
Bellicose in Lime Green - Eclipse

Old Republic: Jedi Knight - Kaliber

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 06:39:07 PM »

Arctic blue, consular hilt, heavy grade blade

Ah, saw these in your thread, thanks very much Malek/Katarn!  This is a fantastic representation... in fact I think it's the most accurate picture of an Ultrasaber lit up that I've ever seen!  If anyone is considering Arctic Blue, that's what it looks like IRL.

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2011, 01:38:59 AM »

This is a Dark War Glaive in Blazing Red with an Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade on the left, versus a Master Replica Darth Vader ESB saber on the right.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Kham-Ryn Kurios
Sentinel Prime; Knight of the HoloNet Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1723

I am Mr. Yellow.

« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2011, 02:15:24 AM »

This is a Dark War Glaive in Blazing Red with an Ultra Edge Heavy Grade blade on the left, versus a Master Replica Darth Vader ESB saber on the right.

Good post, point for you.

UE Heavies are the thickest and (not to bash UE, because they're awesome in their own right.) most dimming of the blades.

AND the US saber is way brighter than the MR.

Why is that?

If the MR has lights throughout.

/LIGHT SIDE POINTS PLEASE\
‎Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

ed_ification
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -385

Darth Cronfios

« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2011, 06:07:59 PM »

Well, the MR Vader was bought on eBay - it may well be that some of the LEDs in it are damaged/old.  But the batteries in it were new, and the brightness on the MR ESB saber is comparable to the brightness of my wife's MR ANH Vader saber (though that too was from eBay).

But if I had to guess, it's the fact that the LED in the Ultrasaber is SO much brighter to begin with.  I mean, I should think that, much like Ultra does with regards to the warnings about looking at the naked LEDs, Master Replicas/Hasbro would have to do the same, just in case something was to happen.  I couldn't tell you the exact type of LEDs used in the MR series, nor how bright they are on an individual basis in comparison to the LEDs used by Ultrasabers.  That's a question for the sabersmiths.

But when I did my review of the DWG  - I took that pic for comparison, since the FX sabers are likely what a lot of folks getting into sabers are going to be familiar with.

Sabers:
MR Vader - ANH
MR Vader - ESB
Dark War Glaive - Blazing Red - "Belligerence"
Standard Issue Grab Bag - Guardian Blue - "Bastion"
2 Shock LEs - Violet - "Perseverance" and "Integrity"
Archon - "Insight"
Dark Initiate - "Harbinger"

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2011, 06:19:23 PM »

But if I had to guess, it's the fact that the LED in the Ultrasaber is SO much brighter to begin with.  I mean, I should think that, much like Ultra does with regards to the warnings about looking at the naked LEDs, Master Replicas/Hasbro would have to do the same, just in case something was to happen.  I couldn't tell you the exact type of LEDs used in the MR series, nor how bright they are on an individual basis in comparison to the LEDs used by Ultrasabers.  That's a question for the sabersmiths.

This is correct.  People don't always realize it, but most of the decent single LED sabers you'll find are MUCH brighter than their Force FX counterparts.  The LEDs used in Force FX blades are not the same kind used in a single LED setup - they're much cheaper and dimmer, resulting in a more even but dimmer blade.  Just one more reason to go with an Ultrasaber Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: