Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: SIDIOUS: NO MERCY Font Request.  (Read 5213 times)
Darth Vigorous
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -132

I am Darth Vigorous. My power knows no boundaries.

« on: August 01, 2016, 07:30:10 PM »

Can someone PLEASE download this font and mod it to fit the Obsidian?

This font sounds totally BADASS and a MUST HAVE for any Sith!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2405454767&amp;feature=iv&amp;src_vid=WnVdAxVjkhY&amp;v=CH9juJkKc_s" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_2405454767&amp;feature=iv&amp;src_vid=WnVdAxVjkhY&amp;v=CH9juJkKc_s</a>

I am the nightmare beyond your wildest dreams. I am the monstrosity of mankind itself. I will Never be overcome by any being, anything, any thought. I am the godling of a new greater power of the Sith to be.
I am Darth Vigorous. Lord, grand and supreme, master of the Sith.

Lighter2017
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -4

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 05:48:04 AM »

I feel like we would be pirating it then... It cost money (in the youtube link)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 07:40:05 AM »

Sick. I say keep it for that saber of yours though. We do have a Clone Wars Sidious font of course though and its still just as good I think

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Musiclover221
Knight Arbiter

Force Alignment: 33

The Force Will Be With You...Always

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 10:46:07 PM »

I feel like we would be pirating it then... It cost money (in the youtube link)

actually if you think about it the font makers like the one who made Sidious:NO Mercy,are kinda pirating too/selling other peoples work(aka the Ones who work at LucasArts you know the company who makes Star Wars Movies font makers often sample from the movies or other copyrighted work for these lightsaber fonts) but even though some font makers do that I would not even think about converting their work and posting their work on any site without permission even if they dont get in trouble from sampling copyrighted stuff stuff themselves,The copyright stuff of any lightsaber font thats taken from a copyright piece(probably in my mind its hard to grasp but maybe someone else its hard to grasp too)

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2016, 01:55:34 AM »

Wow, I would love to get some of these sounds on my saber.  I'm not sure if it's available anywhere for Obsidian. Can't seem to find anything.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

ModalNodes
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 16

NOOOOOOOOO

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2016, 02:35:20 PM »

Jediseth, if you really love these sounds, you could buy the font from saberfont.com and convert it to work on the Obsidian board. You couldn't share it though, that would be pirating.

"I am a Jedi, like my father before me." -Spock (Raiders of the Lost Ark, 2013)

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2016, 04:22:42 PM »

I didn't realize that was the case. I will look into buying it thank you so much. I see now I missed the rest of the conversation on that page.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Gorobulus
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -43

In time you will call me master

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 09:07:56 PM »

Wow, I would love to get some of these sounds on my saber.  I'm not sure if it's available anywhere for Obsidian. Can't seem to find anything.

Its so ridiculously easy to convert plecter lab soundfonts to Obsidian parameters in Audacity. In fact you can tweak them beyond the scope of the original soundfont. Make it louder, softer, re-eq them, trim or lengthen, whatever you want really. The Obsidian soundboard has some memory limitations compared to something like the crystal focus, but they can be compensated for by simply decreasing the number of soundbanks, which increases the amount of memory per bank. If you drop down to like 3 or 4 soundbanks you will be able to fit most any plecter lab soundfont with maybe a little hum trimming. You're trading off a lot of soundbanks with ok soundfonts, for only a few soundbanks with amazing soundfonts.
Ive done the Sidious no mercy soundfont and it turned out great. I didn't even have to do that much to it. The volume on all the files were a bit low for my taste so I boosted them all about 6db. I trimmed the hum just a bit, but its still 20 seconds of hum before repeat. A couple of the swings and clashes had an excessive amount of hum trail off, but that's easily trimmed off as well. Just always remember to export the files out of audacity at 16 bit/48000 hz as those are the main obsidian parameters that have to be met. Everything else is whatever you want to do with it.
Get to know Audacity and you'll see theres almost nothing on Saberfont.com that cant be yours.

Dark Mantis-Blazing red-Obsidian V4
Chosen one- Obsidian V4/Emerald driver
Dark Monarch-Diamond controller

projectno253
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -88

There is no Peace...only Victory

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 11:55:35 PM »

Its so ridiculously easy to convert plecter lab soundfonts to Obsidian parameters in Audacity. In fact you can tweak them beyond the scope of the original soundfont. Make it louder, softer, re-eq them, trim or lengthen, whatever you want really. The Obsidian soundboard has some memory limitations compared to something like the crystal focus, but they can be compensated for by simply decreasing the number of soundbanks, which increases the amount of memory per bank. If you drop down to like 3 or 4 soundbanks you will be able to fit most any plecter lab soundfont with maybe a little hum trimming. You're trading off a lot of soundbanks with ok soundfonts, for only a few soundbanks with amazing soundfonts.
Ive done the Sidious no mercy soundfont and it turned out great. I didn't even have to do that much to it. The volume on all the files were a bit low for my taste so I boosted them all about 6db. I trimmed the hum just a bit, but its still 20 seconds of hum before repeat. A couple of the swings and clashes had an excessive amount of hum trail off, but that's easily trimmed off as well. Just always remember to export the files out of audacity at 16 bit/48000 hz as those are the main obsidian parameters that have to be met. Everything else is whatever you want to do with it.
Get to know Audacity and you'll see theres almost nothing on Saberfont.com that cant be yours.

I agree 100%. I had to purchase JuanSmith's Maul HD font (for that glorious and unobtainable hum) and the conversion was easy, I did it in less than an hour. Those fancier boards mix the hum with the swings and clashes, while Obsidian simply interrupts the hum with a swing file, etc. That means the swings must have a hum under them, along with everything else (I say this for those who may be reading but might not know the technical differences).

For conversions, you just layer each swing and clash with a trimmed piece of the hum. I trim the hum to be as close to the length of each swing/hum as possible to save space (every kb counts) and make the font flow much smoother and quickly.

Everyone should also remember zero points, so their fonts don't have clicks in them. FYI. Luckily there is a forum member who cleans up fonts on occasion  Grin

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: