Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Question about blade core color  (Read 1253 times)
pianite
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 2

« on: October 06, 2011, 08:30:44 PM »

Hey guys, I was recently looking at Nero's thread about the blade colors, and it got me wondering again. I remember hearing something about how the color of the saber core on a standard edge blade is just a very bright version of that color, not white. Is this true? If I was looking for a whitish core (like the movies and from what I gather, how standard edge blades look in pictures) would a UE blade be a better choice? Thanks and please let me know if I am wrong on any of this Tongue

pianite
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 08:32:30 PM »

Arg sorry! I just realized this was in the wrong forum x_x
Would a mod mind moving this for me?

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 09:50:57 PM »

I'll move it AND answer it!  You won't get the white core in any of these, it only shows up in pictures and video.  These sabers emit colored light, so it would be theoretically impossible to have a white core (since to see the core you'd have to not see the colored aura).  Know what I mean?

Ultraedge further diffuses the light, bringing the color all the way to the edges of the blade.  Gives it a fuller look in person, but can change some of the colors a little.

pianite
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 10:11:31 PM »

Lol thanks Tongue

With the brightness, will it look kinda white because of the brightness?
Ya know, I really should just buy one so I can stop asking silly questions, lol.

Nyte
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -27

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 06:55:17 AM »

Lol thanks Tongue

With the brightness, will it look kinda white because of the brightness?
Ya know, I really should just buy one so I can stop asking silly questions, lol.
Short answer: no.
Your saber blade won't look white, except in videos and pictures (given that you use a slow enough shutter speed).
I too was a bit skeptical before buying my first saber because like you say, in the movies the saber blades have white cores.
But just to give you a hint of how satisfied I was after receiving it, I now own 5 ultrasabers (two of which have Obsidian sound, an AWESOME addition!).
After getting my first Obsidian saber, I ordered the other one within 24 hours.

About the blades, I like the UE blades better than the regular ones because of the fullness of the blade.
They give more of a lightsaber feeling to me, but wash out the colors a bit.
To me, the regular midgrade blades look too much like a clear plastic tube with a colored core (since you can see the walls of it), but they sure are cooler when the saber is turned off!
It's hard to explain how these things actually look, and photos can be horribly misleading.
All I can say is I've never been disappointed with any of my sabers.
Each of them can easily light up my entire living room, and in the dark it really looks like there's a glow around them.
If you get one and it doesn't live up to your initial expectations (which I doubt would happen), I'm sure it'll blow your mind in other aspects you didn't think of before.
Good luck, hope you'll come to a decision. It took me 2 years of checking the US site every week before getting my first saber, and I'm glad I finally got one!

Shock LE - GB x2
Dark Prophecy - BR
Bellicose - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Consular - Obsidian, blue AV, QD
Dark War Glaive - Obsidian, red AV, QD
Archon V2 - Obsidian, green AV, QD
CG, BR, VA, GB, FO, SRD MLS units

pianite
Knight Lance Corporal

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 10:46:43 PM »

Thanks and yeah, Im not sure if I will end up waiting until I can get obsidian and the works or just buying a stunt to have one Tongue

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: