Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian V4 and Emerald Driver  (Read 1897 times)
megthemad
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

« on: August 04, 2016, 03:55:48 PM »

I tried searching, but I could not find this specifically addressed. I apologize if this has been covered somewhere.

I have both the Emerald driver and the Obsidian V4. Is it possible to plug both into my computer and update both the sound and colors at the same time? I have been updating sounds then disconnecting, unplugging and plug in then reconnect to Emerald to update colors for now, but it would be easier if I could just do both at the same time. I guess I am just worried about confusing the launder or crashing it.

Hopefully this is not too silly of a question from this first-time owner.  Smiley

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 08:02:06 PM »

No, that won't work. The launcher would have to handle both inputs at once, but it can't distinguish between the Obsidian and the Emerald data. So yes, you would confuse the launcher Wink

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

megthemad
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: -3

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 10:21:12 AM »

Thanks for the info!

Stryfe212
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 06:42:45 AM »

If your concern is the solder joints on the cards will break due to the constant plugging/unplugging, you can plug in 2 USB cables and do the plugging/unplugging from your PC/laptop/etc. 
Having to replace 3 Rock Band 4 legacy adapters because of weak solder joints has made me gunshy.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 11:29:49 AM »

All the more reason to introduce the Bluetooth app...

(Change colours and sounds from your phone - eh? EH?) Grin

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: