Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: My first custom Hilt and full saber collection  (Read 5684 times)
Dettam
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »

Force Activation:

I always thought it was strange that Jedi (and Sith) holocrons, locks etc, could only be opened by using force powers, while their lightsabers could be turned on  by non force-sensitives. So I made a saber that cannot be turned on without understanding the principles of activation. I do not have to touch my saber to turn it on. I can make one that cannot be turned on even if you know the the principles (essentially a lock). I have pitched the idea to two companies (including UltraSabers), but have heard nothing definitive from either. UltraSabers has obviously been busy making the obsidian and all their sabers sound capable. Which is awesome. I hope this feature is something that UltraSabers will make available, as I am a big fan. They offer quality at a reasonable price (IMHO, most sabersmiths charge way too much). If I can figure out how to post a video, I will post one of the activating saber. I am not very internet savvy.

My job status and CNC:

I used to have my own business, I fixed and sold new and used appliances. This is why I am not afraid to rip into something, rewire it, etc. A fire destroyed my building and business, then my wife divorced me. Now I am broke, which is something I am not accustomed to. so, in answer to your question, Quin-Ton Helms, I took the CNC course to get a job. My interest in lightsabers predates my CNC classes, and allows me to make my own hilts. But right now, I just need a job. I've been up, and I've been down. That's life.

Dettam
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 24

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 02:19:00 PM »

I also specialized in fixing and restoring vintage appliances. Here is my show piece, it survived the fire because it was on display elsewhere:

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 07:42:37 PM »

Beautiful work on the oven!!    Fires suck, I had one of my own in the early 90s where I lost everything, and didn't have insurance to cover loses.  I know how it is rebuilding, fortunately I was still single (in-between wives).

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)
=====================================================================

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 07:46:35 PM »

AWESOME collection! You should do a review of that Arbiter!

Skajj
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -1

Don't smoke cigs anymore

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 09:01:09 PM »

I like the bronze one on the right! Nice collection  Shocked

The bronze one is very nice.

Great collection man, cool sabers! :]

Redemption - Dark Amethyst
Phantom - Blazing Red
Aeon - Guardian Blue
Dark Standard Issue - Consular Green