Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: 15 Things Star Wars Movies STOLE from the Expanded Universe  (Read 6228 times)
For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1557

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2016, 03:52:00 PM »

Exactly. Maul is my favourite prequel character and could have been an constant evil presence throughout all three movies, having a long running feud with obi-wan. But that is all because of the look and fighting style, which is all Park as you said. Less is more with a villain and few lines makes him all the more menacing. In fact it's harder to act and convey menace without dialogue. So kudos to him. At least they didn't cut his head off like they did in Sleepy Hollow! Lol

And thankfully the editor of TPM didn't cut Ray Parks' cameo role either. Ray was one of the Padme Amidala's squad that stormed Theed Palace, you can see him just as they run across to the windows in the corridor before they use the grappling hooks! (1hr 50min Amidala, Panaka and four troopers run to the window. One Trooper is dressed in yellow while Ray is the third trooper in red, extreme right of screen)

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2016, 04:24:12 PM »

Cool.  I never knew that. Smiley

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2016, 06:06:26 PM »

Yeah he's there but it's a freeze frame that you need to see it. I paused the disk and used the step frame function. I remember he mentioned he had the cameo in an interview with James Arnold Taylor (Obi-Wan CW series).

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 06:12:28 PM »

I heard that during the beach fight scenes in Rogue One, Gareth Edwards dressed up all the camera operators as rebels so if he caught on screen during a wide shot he could digitally edit out the cameras and replace them with blasters and rocket launchers!

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2016, 06:23:08 PM »

That wouldn't surprise me, the puppeteer/operator for BB-8 was dressed in a green Morphsuit costume and digitally removed from shot afterwards.
Anyhow I'll let you return to the original topic of the thread.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2016, 06:28:10 PM »

That wouldn't surprise me, the puppeteer/operator for BB-8 was dressed in a green Morphsuit costume and digitally removed from shot afterwards.
Anyhow I'll let you return to the original topic of the thread.
it's my thread and I say, please continue if you want. All Star Wars chat is good Star Wars chat. That why I start these threads; to hopefully stimulate a debate and conversation that spirals out of control and back again into a wonderfully chaotic realm of calm. like jazz

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2016, 06:35:38 PM »

Understood! Actually seeing BB-8 operated like that sort of ruined the illusion a bit, I thought they had rigged up a gyro stabilised model. Maybe because they were  filming on uneven ground (sand) they needed the pole mechanism. (Just seeing that Morphsuit, looked like a Blue Man with flu!)

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2016, 06:44:15 PM »

I thought Darth Maul was a wasted good character. I do agree that the minimal amount he spoke somewhat helped him become more menacing and dark. But he should've died in phantom menace.

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2016, 06:47:44 PM »

I thought Darth Maul was a wasted good character. I do agree that the minimal amount he spoke somewhat helped him become more menacing and dark. But he should've died in phantom menace.
i assume you mean "shouldn't have died"?

I know he came back in the clone wars (which i haven't seen) and he's good in rebels, but one thing that would have been great for the prequels is a dark sinisiter character that could pop up anywhere, kinda like Vader was in ghe original trilogy. But hindsight is a wonderful thing

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2016, 07:01:49 PM »

i assume you mean "shouldn't have died"?

I know he came back in the clone wars (which i haven't seen) and he's good in rebels, but one thing that would have been great for the prequels is a dark sinisiter character that could pop up anywhere, kinda like Vader was in ghe original trilogy. But hindsight is a wonderful thing

Yeah that too!(2 hours of sleep, not in tip top shape)

He was badass. And the clone wars cartoon, I know alot of people like it, saw it, but that's probably what Attack of the Clones should've been. They wasted a whole film. The title of ep. 2 isn't even correct to what the movie was, to me anyways. The films are total, absolute canon, to me. Everything else is just bandwagon storylines. I did enjoy the EU books, but unless they became sworn in canon, it takes the luster off. I'm not being a jerk and trying to pee on everyone else, but Attack was far and away the worst SW film. Waste

Only good thing is that I though Padme looked unbelievably attractive in that one. With the curly hair! Oh man!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2016, 03:09:43 AM »

I'm in Season 3 of Clone Wars on Netflix and I'm looking forward to Darth Maul's appearance.  Haven't seen him yet, unfortunately.

I have seen more Aayla Secura than the video in this thread gives her credit for, though.  She was in a few episodes in Season 2.  Quinlan Vos was on there too.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2016, 04:16:06 PM »

Here's one for you:  TIE Bomber.  I just read Star Wars #15, (Marvel Comics) published in May 1978.  It has a TIE in it with two body sections and bent wings like Vader's.  (fun fact: they used the wings from the AMT Vader TIE model to make the bombers) Anyway, they way it's drawn looks almost exactly like the TIE Bomber from The Empire Strikes Back, which was released over two years later.  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: