Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Batman - Return of the Caped Crusaders  (Read 1738 times)
Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« on: August 18, 2016, 06:52:10 PM »

New Batman movie featuring the return of Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar. I actually have tears in my eyes at the sheer awesomness of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3jBbWoAtaWc
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jBbWoAtaWc&amp;app=desktop" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jBbWoAtaWc&amp;app=desktop</a>

For Tyeth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1558

I Survive through the Force.

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 06:56:40 PM »

It should have ended with "Join us next week....Same Bat Time....Same Bat Channel!"

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2016, 03:19:21 AM »

Holy Blu-Ray, Batman!

I know what I'm buying October 11th.  Grin

LivingBrain
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 46

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2016, 11:36:38 PM »

OMG this is perfect. <3

I like movies, Spider-Man, and lightsabers.

That's about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My username and avatar may be of a villain, but I like Light Side points.

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 10:02:36 PM »

I saw this elsewhere. I'm impressed with how well Ward's voice has held up, but West sounds, well, fifty years older than he does in my memory.

I do love the original series, though, and would pay a lot of money for a Batpole unveiled by a switch under the head of an innocent bust of Shakespeare.

Julie Newmar, Eartha Kitt, Frank Gorshin and Cesar Romero were all so brilliantly cast, in addition to Ward and West.

I never much cared for the supporting cast, though - O'Hara and Aunt Harriett (?) in particular. Products of the times, though, I suppose.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2016, 03:24:57 AM »

I agree on the casting.  My favorite is Frank Gorshin, who made The Riddler a fan favorite.  He was a hardly known and not well liked minor villain in the comics prior to that show.  They totally could have done without Aunt Harriet or Chief O'Hara.  O'Hara was basically redundant to Gordon, though much more idiotic, while Aunt Harriet was a nuisance more than anything.  Bruce and Dick were always having to lie to her about where they were going when they went off to fight crime.

As for Adam sounding older, he is 87.  He's doing quite well, all things considered.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 03:29:42 AM »

I agree on the casting.  My favorite is Frank Gorshin, who made The Riddler a fan favorite.  He was a hardly known and not well liked minor villain in the comics prior to that show.  They totally could have done without Aunt Harriet or Chief O'Hara.  O'Hara was basically redundant to Gordon, though much more idiotic, while Aunt Harriet was a nuisance more than anything.  Bruce and Dick were always having to lie to her about where they were going when they went off to fight crime.

As for Adam sounding older, he is 87.  He's doing quite well, all things considered.
I would say that Frank Gorshin made the Riddler iconic.

and as a family guy fan, i am used to hearing how adam west sounds now, so it hasn't thrown me

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2016, 02:31:09 PM »

He's on Family Guy?  Didn't know that.  Though, I also don't watch it, so there was no reason I should know.  Wink

I liked him as the Gray Ghost on the Batman animated series in the '90s.  In many ways, his character on that show (actor who once played a superhero on TV and people couldn't see him as anything else) was a lot like Adam's actual life.  That they had him as a hero to young Bruce Wayne was priceless.

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 03:33:43 PM »

He's on Family Guy?  Didn't know that.  Though, I also don't watch it, so there was no reason I should know.  Wink

I liked him as the Gray Ghost on the Batman animated series in the '90s.  In many ways, his character on that show (actor who once played a superhero on TV and people couldn't see him as anything else) was a lot like Adam's actual life.  That they had him as a hero to young Bruce Wayne was priceless.
on family guy he played the mayor of quahog, mayor Adam west. (An priceles meta inside joke).

And the gray ghost episode was one of the episode of the entire 90s animated series. Having Adam west as the voice of gray ghost was just icing on the cake.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 04:00:22 PM »

Has anybody else seen this movie yet?  It's good.  Full of 1960s silliness and goodness.  Basically, if you like the TV show from back then, you should like the film.  If not, it's probably best to skip it.  Anyway, I picked up my copy last night before I left work.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: