Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
Author Topic: "Imperial Knight" (Consular in TRI Adegan Silver)  (Read 21469 times)
Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« on: August 21, 2016, 03:02:42 AM »

This is going to be a quicker review than I normally do . . . simply put, there's already so many great Reviews of the Consular out there, I really don't want to just totally repeat what's already been said so well.

So I'm just going to focus on the pics of mine, what I did with it and a few other thoughts & suggestions.

Let's get right to it . . .

Build Specs

Hilt:  Consular

Blade Color:  TRI Adegan Silver

Blade:  UltraEdge Midgrade w/ Pointed Tip

Sound:  Obsidian v4

Switch:  White Illuminated Black AV Switch

Shroud Finish:  Standard

Inspiration

Wait?

Did you say you got it in Silver?

A Consular that's not in CONSULAR Green?

Well . . . yes, yes I did.

While I love the character Qui Gon Jinn, he actually wasn't at the forefront of my thoughts in choosing this saber.

I got the idea from the standard lightsaber of the Imperial Knights as seen in the following pics:

As you can see, while the Emitter & Pommel are different in design, it's still very reminiscent of the Consular in the Black-ribbed main Body which is covered in a similar Silver shroud.

I love the look of that hilt and thought the Consular would likewise look spectacular with a Silver Blade and I'm happy to say - I wasn't wrong!

Aesthetics

I'm going to run though a bunch of pics here of my hilt with a few comments sprinkled in . . .

Normally I would have gone with the Nickel plated finish on a hilt, but in this case I stuck with the standard finish for a couple reasons.

First, I wanted the Silver of the shroud to match the color of the Silver accent on the Emitter.

Secondly, I thought the paler color of the polished aluminum would pair better with the Adegan Silver blade.

The Circle Blade Plug looks fantastic in the Consular Emitter.

The shape of the Emitter also forms an excellent choke point, facilitating a very comfortable grip.

I don't typically go for Illuminated switches, but I thought it would be perfect in this situation and it turned out spectacular.  The Black AV blends seamlessly into the Black Anodized Body of the hilt and the White light looks great, matching the blade color.

The hilt actually comes with a Black Covertec wheel by default which also works to hold the shroud in place.

However, as usual, I find it gets in the way of my ideal grip, so I simply took it off and replaced it with a small button screw to anchor the shroud; MUCH more comfortable!

Electronics

Love the v4 Sound!

I mentioned this in a prior Review, but it's a tip worth repeating for those that may not know about it.

The Obsidian v4 by default has 8 different banks for storing sound fonts.

Personally, I mostly just use the Obsidian sound font and Mute for Stunt Saber mode.

You can use the software to deactivate any of the sound banks you want; they'll still be there - you just won't have to cycle through them unless you enable them again.

So I disable the other 6 sound banks which effectively lets me just toggle between Sound On & Sound Off; much more convenient than scrolling through 8 different fonts.

As for the TRI Adegan Silver blade - it's truly spectacular and looks really sharp on the Consular.

There's no manipulation here; that's really how bright the blade is to the camera.

Final Thoughts

Overall, I highly recommend this release from UltraSabers!

In particular, I would say it really is one of their best "bang for the buck" investments.

Go to the store page and sort from Highest Price to Lowest; you'll be shocked how far down the list the Consular is, considering how great it looks and the overall quality of the saber.

The only negatives I can think of are the location of the Covertec wheel, which is easily remedied as you saw above and the fact that the hilt was a little bit larger than I expected.  It's in no way heavy or awkward (it's quite comfortable to wield), it just looks a little bigger than I was expecting.

Finally, this comes entirely down to personal preference and what's important to you in a saber, but if you want a solid color, I would definitely suggest getting the TRI LED setup over the single diode with the option for FoC.

The FoC effect is nice, but personally I place greater value on the brighter, "fuller" looking blade the TRI setup gives you.  It really looks tremendous.

Finally, I'll just remind you this is a full MHS hilt, meaning both the Pommel & Emitter can be switched for maximum customization options.  Throw in the fact that the shroud can also be removed and you have one of the most versatile hilts in the entire UltraSabers lineup.  I didn't include any custom configuration pics in here because there are already SO MANY great pics with this hilt out there in the Forum, I didn't feel I had a whole lot to add with the options I have on hand.

Thanks for reading!  I hope you got something useful out of it!  Smiley

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2016, 03:12:05 AM »

+1 Lord Canterbury, what an awesome hilt. I think you hit it right with Adegan Silver paired with the Consular!

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2016, 03:15:13 AM »

Excellent review, LC.  I think you made some great choices.  The black and white look is very striking.  I don't usually go for the illuminated switches either, but it looks great with the white glow coming from the black on black switch.

A Consular that's not in CONSULAR Green?

When I get one, I don't plan to get green either.  Too cliche.  I love Qui-Gon, but I don't need to try and replicate his saber.  Wink

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2016, 03:17:02 AM »

Very nice review, and the photos look great! I'll one day pick one of these bad boys up for sure!

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2016, 03:52:48 AM »

Thanks guys!

The funny thing is . . . normally I would go the traditional route and get the color most commonly associated with the hilt, but I just thought for the Consular - the combination of Black, White & Silver would be incredibly sharp!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2016, 04:02:40 AM »

I agree with Scifidude--very striking with the black and white. I have the AS blade on my Dominix LE V4, and that's quite striking as well.

I have never thought of replacing the covertec wheel with a small button screw. I might just have to try that.

Nice Review! +1.

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Hansrad
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -670

Jedi? Sith? I'm the one with the lightsaber.

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2016, 04:25:19 AM »

Great review. I like the Imperial Knight inspiration. It supplies another good attraction for this hilt. The silver looks fantastic with the hilt.

Own: Emerald Overlord, BHManticore, BR Renegade,FO Dominix LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix LE V4 (stunt), GB Apprentice LE(stunt),BR Dark Initiate LE V4 (stunt), AS Apprentice LE V4 (stunt), CG Dominix V3 (stunt), SRD Darkish Liberator (stunt) Emerald Lost Grey.

Dauntless Seven
Lady of the Sage Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2037

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2016, 05:44:13 AM »

LC.  Another good review and pics.  Really like your choices.  That tri-AS is so bright and the illuminated white ring on the switch just enhances the black/silver of this Consular.  I know what you mean by the largeness of this saber.  I just own the emitter and pommel.  That emitter is big !  Am wondering if you are going to like using it with the shroud or eventually remove it for non-display purposes.  Looking forward to seeing other pommel variations.  Smiley

+1 point.  Cool

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2016, 06:15:45 AM »

This is beautiful . . . And I agree with the others, the purpose behind it just enhances what's already there.  Well done my friend and point to you!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2016, 07:34:51 AM »

-1 for you LC...you did a great review. I loved the Stranger things letters you used, very cool... The Tri silver looks fantastic on the Consular. Your review makes me want one or even hope getting it as the prize Im waiting for...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

MONEYPYRO
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -64

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2016, 11:27:50 AM »

While I don't find the Consular a very Imperial Knight type of hilt (the shroud seems too decorative for what they would use), I have to agree that the colors look fantastic, and not just the color of the blade. All the black and silver melds great with each other, and a Tri silver LED just really takes it home. I could imagine a similar build being done with the Guardian as well Tongue

"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force."
―Kreia

The Dark Side flows through me, and my alignment should reflect that. Dark Side points would be most impressive

My Sabers:

Dark Prophecy v3: Blazing Red
Sentinel v4 LE: Guardian Blue
Aeon v3: Consular Green
Dominix v3: Violet Amethyst
Dark Apprentice v4: Guardian Blue
Sentinel V4: Adegan Silver

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2016, 04:49:03 PM »

As always great review LC!  Love the idea- and it does look so sweet as the imperial knight. You always have really cool ideas for hilts.  Love the white on that hilt.  Particularly looks good with the standard aluminum finish.  Also nice thought with the button screw.  Points on the way Smiley.   

Graz
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 28

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2016, 08:17:02 PM »

Wow Lord Caterbury, I think you are right that activation switch in white & blade in silver look stunning. I've not really looked at the consular hilt but I might just have to back and take another look.

Thanks for the pictures

Graz

Sabers
Archon V3 Emerald Driver Obsidian V4
Scorpion Guardian Blue Obsidian V3
Prophecy V3 stunt Saber

Greywolf
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 100

Grey all the way ;)

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2016, 08:32:31 PM »

Seeing your version I'm really convinced that US could create a stunning Imperial Knight saber, too!
@Deep: Pretty please Wink ?

Cake is a lie. There are only Cookies.
Through Cookies I gain Chocolate.
Through Chocolate I gain Energy.
Through Energy I gain Weight.
Through Weight my pants will burst.
The Force shall free me.

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2016, 05:56:26 AM »

Looks stunning Lord C . . . I really like this black / white av and the Tri-AS blade combination, especially on the Consular . . . Another excellent review my friend . . . +1  Cool

Seeing your version I'm really convinced that US could create a stunning Imperial Knight saber, too!
@Deep: Pretty please Wink ?

YES . . . agreed . . . 100% agreed  Grin

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: