Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Future soundboard addition  (Read 1258 times)
KenshinTrigger
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 3

Good... Bad.... I'm the guy with the saber.

« on: October 07, 2011, 03:48:21 PM »

Ok, so I have an awesome Consular (in green) on the way, and its got quick disconnects adn heavy duty blades, the works. Well except for the special battery pack (opted for a AAA battery pack) and the obsidian sound board. But I've been looking at the obsidian sound boards lately and have started to think that once I get used to this consular, I'd consider trying to get a sound board into it.

so how would I go about doing this? with the quick disconnects is it merely something I could do myself, just need to change out the regular batteries with the sound board and battery pack? or is it recommended I actually send it in to ultra sabers so they can convert it.
 for that matter, is that latter one even an option? not used to doing conversion mail ins so I'm not sure if this falls under the same heading or not.

- Knight Apprentice Kenshin Trigger

Initiate - guardian blue
Initiate LE - Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE - Blazing Red
Liberator - Arctic Blue
Consular - consular green

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 03:51:16 PM »

If it were me, I would have had the install done on the saber when I bought it - it's $75 for the board installed right now as opposed to the $120 price tag on the board itself.  If it's already on the way, I guess this isn't an option.

Unless you're experienced in electronics, I can't recommend trying to install it yourself.  You may have to send it back into Ultrasabers and get a board put in - this seems like it should be simple, but you may wanna check with Deep to make sure you can do it.  If you do go this route, I STRONGLY recommend getting the Li-ion battery solution installed as well.

Good luck!

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 04:09:26 PM »

It's $95 for the install.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 04:12:01 PM »

It's $95 for the install.

Those are for the new V3 hilts, the rest are still $75 (though Ultra has hinted that this won't last for long).  I would guess the higher price is due to the cram fu that goes into it.

KenshinTrigger
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 3

Good... Bad.... I'm the guy with the saber.

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 04:51:00 PM »

Yes, had I the money for it at the time, I most certainly would have gotten the soundboard upon purchase, but sadly I did not have the $75 additional at the time. Bills to pay and so forth leave a rare but limited amount of disposable income i'm afraid. But the possibility that I could send it in at a later date and have the sound board put in gives me hope that I can just simply save up a bit more for next time. with this consular, I probably won't have need of another saber for a little while at lease, save for maybe an Aeon V3 but that's another story.

If I can guarantee that the conversion work cost of all the post-purchase cram-fu needed to convert a regular stunt saber into a sound board one isn't astronomical in addition to the price of the obsidian board, then I find it'll be more cost effective in the long run to just save up for the upgrade instead of buying a whole new saber and sound board at the same time in addition to this consular.

So how would I go about contacting? sorry never really had to contact them before with questions, not sure where the info is posted.

Initiate - guardian blue
Initiate LE - Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE - Blazing Red
Liberator - Arctic Blue
Consular - consular green

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Suns of the Force

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 05:06:52 PM »

I would say email shipping@ultrasabers.com would be your best bet.  See if it can be done.  I'm sure it wouldn't be TOO much, you'd just have to pay for more shipping.

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 12:32:16 AM »

Those are for the new V3 hilts, the rest are still $75 (though Ultra has hinted that this won't last for long).  I would guess the higher price is due to the cram fu that goes into it.

Oh, thanks for the correction. I thought they'd just bumped the price.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Kr0n05
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 10:07:19 AM »

Good Question, considered getting sound in mine but had bought them before it was even offered, ya i shoulda gone for the previous type sound but with the obsidian everything seems soooooo easy.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: