Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: Fully customized Bellicose finished at last! (Pic Heavy)  (Read 3936 times)
Rens Fist
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -18

« on: August 29, 2016, 06:42:30 AM »

After a long period of brainstorming, I finally was able to finish adding the bits and pieces I wanted on my Bellicose.

I'm sure you are all aware that the Bellicose, while being a cool hilt, is not very customizable due to the fact the only swappable MHS part is the pommel. I settled for an Archon Pommel on my hilt.

All of the bits I added are external, there isn't a spot of glue or drill bit mark anywhere, thus making it all removable. I mainly used flexible metal wire to fasten things to the hilt in the groove areas. Everything is very securely fastened to the hilt, to my surprise, it's able to take quite a bit of shock without any of the features I added moving or breaking off!

The emitter shroud was a bit of PVC that I sanded, carved and painted one afternoon that ended up sliding firmly over the pommel without any slippage.

The retention screw was replaced with a larger thumb screw for easy blade removal.

I made a little cracked Kyber crystal by purchasing a quartz crystal and jamming it into a holder that fits nicely into the second (black) blade-holder that I use when the blade is not attached.

Also, I turned the red button black. I think it looks a lot better.

I sanded and burned with a BIC lighter the inside of the emitter and the silver blade-holder to give a burned/blued steel effect.

Finally, my favorite part is the unstable blade I made by coating a normal ultrasabers blade with transparent silicone rubber. As with all ultrasbers photos, it doesn't really do it justice, and looks a lot better in person.

Tell my what you think! I've been working on it for a few days and I'm eager to hear comments/criticism!  Cool

Only the best

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 123

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 04:45:56 PM »

This is "sick" FIST!

Txs for sharing the pics!

Pt to you.

K

Sabers Owned:  Azure Reaper (AB), Crimson Reaper (AS), Apprentice (BH).

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 03:57:20 AM »

Definitely sick for sure Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

RevanReborn
Technomancer of the Graflex Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1086

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 05:33:44 AM »

Wow man- really creative.  Very cool details, love the look of this!  Awesome job!  Everything looks wicked- especially love the shroud and wire.  Crystal looks wicked too!  Point incoming ASAP. 

Yarginshnarg
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 10

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 02:07:52 AM »

That is absolutely sick and amazing! Great job, especially with the cracked crystal and unstable blade.

Aeon LE V2 GB
The Guardian CG
Dark Initiate SY

DarthScrub
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -580

Fin Fus Fent Stin Zu'u

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 02:15:20 AM »

Shocked I LOVE that silicone blade! Very nice work, so creative!

Want a custom avatar? Shoot me a PM, you can view my work here!

Master Medwyn
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 788

Silver Blade of the Distant Earth Knighthood

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2016, 11:46:36 PM »

Crazy and wonderful! Smiley
The blade is just fantastic!

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2016, 03:33:33 AM »

I agree with everyone, you took the Bellicose to a new level. The amount of mods you did really changes the feel and I esp like the routing of the wire and that nice shroud. Point!

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2016, 05:31:45 AM »

Point awarded for some cool, original ideas.

What exactly is the product you used to coat the blade - the transparent silicone?  Is it something we can easily buy?

Thanks & great job!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 01:28:33 AM »

It's great to see new customizations inspired by new saber designs. The wiring is a nice touch and the black shroud really brings this saber over to the dark side. That blade is wicked in and of itself! +1

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 03:08:58 AM »

Wow Rens Fist!

Great job.  Shocked

That crystal is amazing!  Way to go with the attention to detail.

Nicely done.

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Rens Fist
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: -18

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 03:19:31 AM »

Point awarded for some cool, original ideas.

What exactly is the product you used to coat the blade - the transparent silicone?  Is it something we can easily buy?

Thanks & great job!

Yeah, it's super easy. All you have to get is some transparent silicone rubber sealant. You can buy some at a local hardware store. It's really not expensive, and it's also removable which makes it a great mod. It also protects the plastic on the blade so it's great for dueling. When it clashes with another blade, it muffles the "clack" sound, which makes your saber's Obsidian sound louder. Honestly, after doing it, I don't think I will go back to using a normal blade, hahah.

All you do it suspend the blade upside-down and apply the rubber liberally all over the the blade and spread it around. Then let it dry for about a day. Easy.

Only the best

Gamble
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -254

Evil Only Has One Face

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 02:23:38 PM »

Wow That's crazy great job on the unstable blade look you have done some really awesome upgrades good job

Guardian CE W/Obsidian V4 - Guardian Blue
Prophecy V3 W/Obsidian Lite - Arctic Blue
Consular W/Obsidian V4 - Consular Green
Sentinel V4 W/Windows Stunt - Fire Orange

Darth Dau Kho
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -43

Darkside points please

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 09:40:46 PM »

Wow that blade has BAMF written all over it!! Definitely something I'd love to try with a spare blade some time! Could you go into detail how you did it?

BR SI, GB Dark Initiate v3, CG Dark Initiate v3, GB Archon v2 Obsidian, AS Custom Aeon v2, AB Dark Initiate v3, VA Dark Initiate v3, VA Initiate v2

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 10:11:17 PM »

Keep forgetting how cool looking this one is Tongue I need to make me another properly shaped Vader type shroud. Might get me another Blazing Red Dominix V2 LE saber again or a V3

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: