Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Other Collections  (Read 3078 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: September 02, 2016, 05:13:47 PM »

So what else do you guys collect? As you know I'm a big Harry Potter fan so I have a few replicas and a big collection of real wooden wands plus a couple of MY OWN designs =] Is this allowed to be talked about? Tongue If you want to know where I get my real wooden wands send me a pm if you want, good stuff to have. I have a few retired wands though from where I buy them at. I'm a big movie/anime person too so I have a pretty big selection of movies and stuff same with music, mostly metal stuff but still Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 12:11:44 AM »

I collect Swords (Real ones not Wall hangers) as well as an large film collection.  But by far Action Figures are my largest collection.  I got it all.  Masters of the Universe, Thundercats, Superman (no Man of steel, BvS or New 52 stuff though), Alien(s), Predators..list goes on and on.

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2016, 02:27:32 PM »

I don't collect, and it isn't for lack of space, money, or like for anything.
We just had this discussion yesterday amongst the guys about collecting. My brother in law collects sports stuff and my buddy was talking about a neon light that was given to him that he gave to his cousin. My brother in law said he should have sold it; could've got about $200. I said the idiot is the one who pays for it. My point of contention is what value do you get out of someone saying "wow! That's awesome!" Financially, it doesn't compute to me. I think some stuff is awesome, and it all ranges, Luke predator, alien, Thundercats stuff, that's awesome, but I couldn't collect it cuz I'd probably take it out and let the kids play with it. Bobbleheads, jerseys, beer caps, toys, cars, neh. It's not in my DNA to collect

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2016, 06:33:44 PM »

When I was very young I used to collect stamps. However I eventually got bored of that, especially when I really started getting into comics. I currently have 2000-3000 in my collection. I built a wooden cabinet to store them, which is nice as it's functional piece of furniture. For me, my comic collection is more about loving the stories than an investment. That being said, I do have a few issues that are worth something: Amazing Spiderman issue 300 (first appearance of Venom in mainstream continuity) which I got Stan Lee to sign at a con a few years ago. All 12 issues of Watchmen (1st editions) all signed by artist Dave Gibbon, all 10 issues of V for Vendetta (1st editions) signed by artist David Lloyd, all four issue of The Dar Knight (1st editions) signed by Frank Miller and a few others. In order to preserve these issues, I have the graphic novels of them too so I can still read the stories and not worry about damaging the originals.

Away from comics I also have a big dvd/bluray collection (around 650 I think). i love cinema as a concept and have most genres (film noir, sci-fi, black & white, classics, action, sword & sandals, comedies, gangster, comic book movies, drama, horror, animated, cult classics). A lot of the movies I own aren't available online. Plus, as I love cinema, having them on dvd/bluray means I have the extra features. I love listening to directors commentaries and seeing the behind the scenes footage as to what goes into making movie magic. Totally fascinating to me.

Finally, I also collect vinyl. The best way to listen to any music is on vinyl, IMO. Only vinyl gives you that phat immersive richness of  sound. Listening to music via a digital source means you lose so much as the analogue soundwave is compressed into digital. I buy a lot of my records from charity shops as you can pick up some great albums really cheap (50p - £2 each). I have albums by (but not limited to) Rolling Stones, Hendrix, Bowie, The Doors, Bob Marley, Bob Dylan, Stevie Wonder, Al Green, Aretha Franklin, Miles Davies, Queen and a lot of classical. Because I am very particular about about which artist/albums I buy so storage for them is not an issue.

The reason I collect these things is for a few reasons:

1- It's fun. Going into a comic shop and finding a comic that will complete a storyline set is such a great feeling
2- watching the movies, listening to the music, reading the comics is really REALLY enjoyable
3 - I think that the types of movies and the albums I have in my collection says a lot about my personality and is an easy snapshot way for people to find out about me.

As valuable as some of my comics are (and some of my records, like the original pressing of The Beatles White Album) I would never sell them. Too much sentiment attached to them.

Darth Tepes
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -776

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 05:32:56 AM »

Yea, I collect because I enjoy it..plain and simple.  If others find it cool thats great..and my friends are all collectors as well anyway so we show them off to each other and talk about them...but none of us need validation from others.  If one day down the road my collections are worth something..thats great but that isn't why I collect.  It's human nature to surround yourself with hings you like. 

Light Side, Dark Side.  I'm the guy with the Saber.
Azure Omen in Adagan Silver
Stunt Initiate in Violet Amethyst
Bellicose in Consular Green
Flamberge SE in Blazing Red
 Emperor's Hand in Guardian Blue
Grand Master in Blazing Red

Force Metal
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 89

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 09:32:08 PM »

Stupidly,  I collect a lot of things, if I get one of something I tend to end up going for everything of that. Not good for the wallet or for finding where to put it.

But my major collections are CDs/vinyl, model cars & bikes, guitars & Nerf blasters.

Can I tempt you, come with me
Be 'devil may care', fulfill your dream
If I said I'd take you there
Would you go, would you be scared

Mads
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -24

Dark Side Points

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2016, 12:24:26 AM »

I collect some of the largest and most dangerous tarantulas in the world. Right now I have 17 and out of respect for the OP I won't be splattering his thread with pictures of them since I know my pets are very unpopular in general.

I have a fondness for the hated and despised creatures of nature.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Dominix V4
Phantom V4 Staff
Emerald Manticore CE

Darth Knox
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -1913

(Dark points only) Do not hesitate. Show no mercy

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2016, 12:29:10 AM »

I collect some of the largest and most dangerous tarantulas in the world. Right now I have 17 and out of respect for the OP I won't be splattering his thread with pictures of them since I know my pets are very unpopular in general.

I have a fondness for the hated and despised creatures of nature.
you collect spiders? Even though my arachnophobia has gotten better over the years, I still don't like spiders, but give you a point for your obvious love of those eight legged.........things.

Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 01:55:32 AM »

you collect spiders? Even though my arachnophobia has gotten better over the years, I still don't like spiders, but give you a point for your obvious love of those eight legged.........things.

I got a message to pass to you Knox

No points, just fist bumps baby!

Mads
Knight Apprentice

Force Alignment: -24

Dark Side Points

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 02:54:17 AM »

Yeah owners refer to their T's as their collection. Tarantulas are a group of spiders called Theraphosidae with just over 900 species known to science so far with some reaching up to a foot in size.

I'll introduce you guys to 1. You've seen this species in many Hollywood horror films. This is Theraphosa stirmi or the common name Burgundy Bird Eating Goliath. The 2nd largest tarantula in the World.

Fully grown 10" mine a female is currently 6.5". Enjoy.

“Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”

Dominix V4
Phantom V4 Staff
Emerald Manticore CE

Grey Owl
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 81

We don't like Star Wars, we live for Star Wars.

« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 09:33:08 PM »

Started scrolling through this thread and I came extremely close to having a heart attack(seriously, no joke), I have an extreme arachnophobia so I don't do spiders. That's still cool that you don't kill them like most people do out of fear. I collect star wars items, guitar picks, Japanese things, tabletop rpg minis, shiny things, and crystals. I would like to start collecting lightsabers but I am currently broke so until I'm not this will be what I collect.

Dark sentinel LE(blazing red)

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2016, 05:52:12 PM »

As Hagrid would say. They're just seriously misunderstood creatures spiders are Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

Force Metal
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 89

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 08:52:22 PM »

Spiders are awesome, would love to see more of them Mads.

Can I tempt you, come with me
Be 'devil may care', fulfill your dream
If I said I'd take you there
Would you go, would you be scared

Jev Moldara
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1280

The Mad Professor

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2016, 04:48:15 PM »

I collect tools, swords, challenge coins, replica props (especially JP/JW stuff), and bicentennial quarters.

Mad Science means never stopping to ask "What's the worst that could happen?"

Nothing is forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: