Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Best duels in movies  (Read 14978 times)
sjorsjo91
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 9

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 09:17:34 PM »

Does Ven Zallow vs. Darth Malgus count? it was short but very awesome.
Captain Jack Sparrow vs. Davey Jones aboard the Flying Dutchman. Most awesome thing I've ever seen.

Custom Dominix
Custom TFU2 Promo
Custom SI Yoshimitsu
Custom Starkiller (destroyed)
Anakin UltraFX stunt

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 09:23:26 PM »

Does Ven Zallow vs. Darth Malgus count? it was short but very awesome.
Captain Jack Sparrow vs. Davey Jones aboard the Flying Dutchman. Most awesome thing I've ever seen.

I agree! The scene following immediately after was, I think, one of Jack's best moments.

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Darth Ptera
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

You have no chance to survive make your time.

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 04:07:38 AM »

Boondock Saints: Connor & Murphey MacManus and Rocco vs. Il Duce with Agent Paul Smecker doing the recap

Scott Pilgrim vs. The Evil Hipsters and Gideon G-Man Graves
*Special mention for Scott Pilgrim vs. Todd - but there are no guns or swords in that

Peter Griffin vs. The Chicken: Parts 1,2, and 3

Vash the Stampede vs. Knives; or any of the Gung Ho Guns

The entire series of Samurai Champloo

I also grew up watching DBZ, it drug on at times, but the final battle of Gohan vs. Cell will go down in my memory as the most epic.

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 04:18:51 AM »

Boondock Saints: Connor & Murphey MacManus and Rocco vs. Il Duce with Agent Paul Smecker doing the recap

Scott Pilgrim vs. The Evil Hipsters and Gideon G-Man Graves
*Special mention for Scott Pilgrim vs. Todd - but there are no guns or swords in that

Peter Griffin vs. The Chicken: Parts 1,2, and 3

Vash the Stampede vs. Knives; or any of the Gung Ho Guns

The entire series of Samurai Champloo

I also grew up watching DBZ, it drug on at times, but the final battle of Gohan vs. Cell will go down in my memory as the most epic.

The first few minutes of DBZ that me an my siblings saw was Cell attempting to cut Gohan down while he was on his death march. We changed the channel (kids :-P) then changed it back with my prompting. WHAM! Fist to the gut. ^_^

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster. An elegannt weapon, for a more...civilized age.

Lorhig
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2011, 12:59:20 AM »

The men in black vs. the giant roach.

Maul, Jinn, Obi-Wan

Anakin and Obi-wan

All Luke and Vader fights

Family Guy chicken fights with peter as well.

But, I was going to the Toshi Station to pick up some power converters.....

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2011, 04:23:42 AM »

Bob Barker vs Happy Gilmore for fist fights...

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2011, 05:48:32 AM »

No way I can pick an all time favorite, ESPECIALLY if we're going to bring anime into the mix.

But Rock Lee vs. Gaara sticks out for me, just showed me how bad ass Rock Lee was (even though he lost), a ninja giving beat downs with no Ninjitsu.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 07:35:17 PM »

No way I can pick an all time favorite, ESPECIALLY if we're going to bring anime into the mix.

But Rock Lee vs. Gaara sticks out for me, just showed me how bad ass Rock Lee was (even though he lost), a ninja giving beat downs with no Ninjitsu.

I don't know much about Naruto, but a friend of mine told me about him. That does demand some restpect, doesn't it?

Ultra
Lord Commander
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1765

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2011, 07:40:46 PM »

Ip Man vs those 10 Japanese dudes:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g6jc_9OzhI&amp;hd=1" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g6jc_9OzhI&amp;hd=1</a>

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2011, 11:06:23 PM »

Oh and lets not forget any fight with The Bride in Kill Bill...

Caine
Disgraced
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -129

« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2011, 12:17:36 AM »

Best. Fight Scene. Ever.

Jacki Chan vs. Benny "The Jet" Urquidez in"Meals on Wheels"

EPIC.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXVp9938Uq4" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXVp9938Uq4</a>

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2011, 12:27:52 AM »

I don't know much about Naruto, but a friend of mine told me about him. That does demand some restpect, doesn't it?

He lasted more than 5 seconds against who was then the second toughest dude on the planet, I thought it was epic.  It made me give his character more respect after that.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

ThreadJack
Lady of the Order Aeon
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 809

Truly, she will be strong- A luminous being is she

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2011, 01:48:24 AM »

Not a movie technically, but still AWESOME!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbEZSH5ogMo" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbEZSH5ogMo</a>

(Sig by me!)
Now accepting dark side points.

LordDesann
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -3

Is that your friend in the woodchipper?!!

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2011, 01:26:49 PM »

Personally i liked the major battles in the Lord of the Rings series, the humor between the Dwarf and the Elf (by counting each kills they had) was quite hilarious. The coreography was quite impressive at some points of the movie.

Kung-Fu movies, I love Jackie Chan's way of fightning with humor (for example: a ladder  Cool )

Star Wars: I loved the Count Dooku vs Yoda, i remember the goosebumps that i had when Yoda revealed his lightsaber.......it was just EPIC!! (To my opinion of course! Smiley )

Staff Member of East Coast Sabers (Saber Club)
(www.eastcoastsabers.com)

AB Raven
SY Bellicose
FO Overlord
BR Dark Liberator v3

Kaiser Xander
Knight Templar

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »

Star Wars: I loved the Count Dooku vs Yoda, i remember the goosebumps that i had when Yoda revealed his lightsaber.......it was just EPIC!! (To my opinion of course! Smiley )
[/quote]

I'm with you, that was epic. My Dad and I think it's funny too, though. My family tends to refer to the Yoda/Dooku duel as "Yoda on caffeine."  Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: