Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Awesome "Lockup" Feature on my US Bane (with info on making LSU files)  (Read 51576 times)
Darth Caugnien
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -36

Tamer of the Beast!!!

« on: October 09, 2011, 03:40:26 AM »

Hey guys! I just downloaded the Obsidian Launch program successfully onto my cousin's PC ( I only have macs) and I spent the better part of the day trying to upload the Ep. III Sidious Font files I got right before they were taken down from US onto my Bane. It worked, and I wanted to play around with the.lsu converter feature, so I ripped an mp3 file from youtube of Palpatine saying "Are you threatening me Master Jedi...", that whole conversation, and converted it to .wav, then to .lsu, then uploaded it to my saber as a "lockup" effect. Now every time I press the power button, it plays that clip!! It is soooo sweet. Once I get access to a camera, hopefully tomorrow, I will do a demo vid of it. Basically, I cannot speak higher praise of the .lsu converter feature, It makes for SWEEET custom lockups, boots, etc. Video coming soon! Smiley
« Last Edit: October 09, 2011, 08:31:59 PM by Deep » Logged

My US sabers: RGB Bane W/Obsidian
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2170.0

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 06:55:45 AM »

Okay, I'm about to sound like a complete and utter NOOB... But Wink

Brother if you could give us all an in depth explanation and demo of how you did what you say you did, IT WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!!  Grin

I know, I'm one of those people out there, that would LOVE TO DO WHAT YOU DESCRIBED!!!!!  But HAVE NO FRICKIN IDEA HOW TO DO IT  Cry  Cry  Cry

If you could post a explanation of how to do this, I (and I Believe Many Others), Would Be Massively In Your Debt Wink!!!

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Darth Caugnien
Knight Ensign

Tamer of the Beast!!!

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 08:14:11 AM »

Your will is my command, Wraith! Okay, so- I'm going to assume you got your Launch program up and running, cuz that's reallly complicated- took me about three hours. Essentially, you have to right click the command prompt selection and select "run as administrator, then type in the regsvr32 command, but with the systemroot\system32 , then the name of the "missing" file, in my case, comdlg32.ocx. But anywhoo, assuming you can boot up the Launch program, this is what you do.

1st: Go to the youtubez! Find a video that contains the audio you want for your custom boot/lockup soundfile. For example: The vid with the name "I AM THE SENATE!!!" (That's one I used)

2nd: hilight and copy the URL of the screen that contains the playable vid.

3rd. Go search youtube to mp3, click on the website named youtubetomp3.com, or something like that.

4th: Paste the URL into the box you see. It should be very upfront and FREE.

5th: Press convert, download mp3 file.

6th: Drag mp3 file into iTunes.

7th: Go to Edit, then Preferences, then General, then Import settings. Select convert using .wav encoder, AND select the import settings from "auto" to 16 bit sample rate, and 48.00kHz. This is important for later.

8th: Select the mp3, go to Advanced and select create .wav version. It'll convert it from mp3 (unuseable) to a perfect .wav file.

9th: Drag .wav file to desktop.

10th: In your "Obsidian" folder, if you have recently downloaded it, there should be a file called Lsu_converter.exe. Open it.

11th: Select "desktop" from the left bar, then select your .wav file.

12th: MAKE SURE YOU UNCHECK THE LOCK BOX!!!

13: Click the big ol' convert .wav to lsu button.

14th: search for the new .lsu file under "Start"

15.: Drag to desktop.

16th: Power up saber, plug in to computer, launch Obsidian program, (saber turns off), then select all the boot, poweron, poweroff, idle, impact, motion, and lockup slots with files from your desktop (if you didn't download the original Obsidian Font first, do that, slap it on yer desktop.) OR, if you are putting on NEW files, do that.

17th: What I did, was clear the "lockup" parameter, and select my .lsu file from the desktop, and load it into that slot. Then, save the configuration file, and hit the button on the upper far right, the "download file" button. A progress indicator should pop up, progressing in .1 percents.

18th: wait..... and wait......

19th: Once its done downloading, it'll say "memory checking" or whatever, and when its done with that, it'll say memory check error, then sometimes an error window pops up saying "CRC not recieved". Ignore that crap, then go up to the hammer and wrench icon, which opens up the sensitivity parameters, click send to saber (i'm paraphrasing), then your saber should ignite.

20th: Power off saber, close program, unplug saber, and TEST!!

If it works- great! If not, you probably either left a parameter unfilled, or didn't download it to the board. Oh, and if the program menu turns from blue to red, don't flip out. Its just telling you you've exceeded the max memory, so you will either have to get rid of some swing/clash sounds, or get a smaller "new" lockup file. Hope that helped!

Darth Caugnien

Darth Wraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -187

Founder of The Grey Sith Order

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 09:51:55 AM »

Most Impressive My Brother Wink!!!

I actually got something to work Wink (after sitting here for hours trying everything I could think of lol  Tongue )  Thanks To You and Your Tutorial  Grin  Grin  Grin

This Is Amazing and Epic In Ways I Can Not Even Begin To Describe  Grin  Grin  Grin !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never In My Wildest Dreams, Did I Think That Something Like This Would Be Possible  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked  Cool

I Shall Have Great Fun With This Wink!!!

Who needs a blade lock up, or a blaster block when you can have the saber spit out any line of dialogue from the movies that you wish  Grin  Grin  Grin!!!!!

(The Only Snag I Ran Into, Was The Converter Said That Only Mono Files Could Be Converted Over...  But No Biggie, That Was Easily Changed  Grin)

Great Walk Though, I'm Sure This Will Make Many People Very Very Happy  Grin  Grin  Grin 

I Am the Lord of Shadow!!! Even as I am Enveloped by Darkness... So to Shall I be Embraced by the Light!!!!!

Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2011, 11:49:02 AM »

Here are the links to all online tools you need:

http://cutmp3.net/ <-- used to cut mp3s short, or just favorite sections
http://www.video2mp3.net/ <-- Used for Youtube links and such to convert to mp3 if you havent DLed the whole mp3
http://www.easeaudioconverter.com/ <--one of many free (trial) prog for converting anything in to anything (mp3-> wav) (make sure you convert in to 16@48000, mono (settings))

and finaly the LSU Converter by Ultrasabers progi, found here http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=3221.0

Just made a short test, works like a charm Smiley

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

GdFuzz
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 1

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2011, 02:09:24 PM »

I've actually been doing a bit of font making myself the past few days...  I've been using Goldwave (its free google it  Wink)  to convert files to the needed wav format.....  Be sure to encode then at 16 bit mono at 48 khz...  This is the settings that the lsu converter likes them at....    As stated above, after you get the desired lsu files put them into the proper slots within the obsidian launcher....       I know some of this may sound greek to you, but I just learned the process myself.....   LOL... 

Darth Caugnien
Knight Ensign

Tamer of the Beast!!!

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2011, 03:40:52 PM »

Glad I could help, Wraith! Thanks for pointing out that "mono" issue, I forgot that part of the conversion process. And Maslac, those are great resources, thanks for posting them! GDFuzz, thanks for the suggestion! I might wanna tool with that some time down the road. Just an update: last night (or I guess it was reaaaally early this morning lol), The "deflector shield" quote I converted was really nice and crisp, but now, its all static-y. Everything else is nice and clean, except this one. Anyone else get this? And this is more a matter of opinion, but- do you think its worth sacrificing the amount of swings/clashes to 2 swings and 4 clashes in order to fit 3 quotes onto the lockup feature? I really can't decide.... Undecided

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2011, 08:00:16 PM »

Now all I need is a working obsidian program Smiley Smiley   Hopefully this thread will be stickied due to it's valuable information!!!

=====================================================================
Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

Darth Caugnien
Knight Ensign

Tamer of the Beast!!!

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 12:10:28 AM »

Now all I need is a working obsidian program Smiley Smiley   Hopefully this thread will be stickied due to it's valuable information!!!

Nice prediction, Qui! Cheesy I'm supah stoked- my first stickied topic!! But yeah, Wraith-if you can, show us a vid of whatever you were able to do! I'm sure we could all use some creative inspiration, haha. My vid will hopefully be up in a day or two.

Darth Caugnien
Knight Ensign

Tamer of the Beast!!!

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 12:35:25 AM »

Sorry for double posting, for some reason, I can't modify my OP. But anyway- what's the problem you're running into with the launch program, Qui? Maybe we can help! Smiley Do you get that "comdlg32.ocx or its dependencies is missing" error notice? Cuz I can help you fix that! Just go here:

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1531.105

Read Dave of the Sith's post on that page. I also used another post that actually worked, for me. It involved the line:

regsvr32: %Systemroot%\System32\comdlg32.ocx

Or SOMETHING like that. That was just from memory. I tried to find the actual post, but I couldn't. But, its somewhere in that 15 page thread I linked to above. But yeah, if its not that issue, post it anyway, see if I can help!

lexonio
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 01:56:40 PM »

I didn't have the needed .ocx file (I'm running Win7 x64), but I just googled it, downloaded it, tossed it to a couple of folders (System and SySWOW64), and it was it for me. The notorious Obsidian Launcher is obeying my will ever since Cheesy

I may look like a Sith, but the Light Side is my secret ally.

Vader's phrases made into .lsu lockup files - http://depositfiles.com/files/qnwimjfoo Unmixed and mixed with the default obsidian hum sound versions are available. PW is "ultrasabers".

Qui-Tom Helms
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 149

« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2011, 04:07:22 PM »

Sorry for double posting, for some reason, I can't modify my OP. But anyway- what's the problem you're running into with the launch program, Qui? Maybe we can help! Do you get that "comdlg32.ocx or its dependencies is missing" error notice? Cuz I can help you fix that! Just go here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=1531.105
Read Dave of the Sith's post on that page. I also used another post that actually worked, for me. It involved the line:
regsvr32: %Systemroot%\System32\comdlg32.ocx
Or SOMETHING like that. That was just from memory. I tried to find the actual post, but I couldn't. But, its somewhere in that 15 page thread I linked to above. But yeah, if its not that issue, post it anyway, see if I can help!

DC (Darth Caugnien), this was the post I was looking for.  Dave actually got it working for me on my laptop that is no longer working.  I should be able to get it running now (hoping)...thanks.

Zartom   Socerer (Healer)                             Qui-Tom  Sage (Healer)
Trenok   Bounty Hunter (Powertech)               Vartom   Knight (Sentinel)

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 05:28:47 PM »

Awesome topic! Thanks for posting this, I have no doubt that in the future I shall want to use this to come up with some original fonts. Grin I keep thinking of all the anime sounds..... lol

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

lordgale119
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 4

I walk within both and neither...

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2011, 09:05:05 PM »

Okay, so this is EXTREMELY informative. No doubt about that.
But does anyone have any suggestions on where to find CUSTOM saber sounds?
What I mean is, sounds from the movies/shows/games and so on are all good and fine....if you liked the characters from the movies/shows/games.
Anyone know how I could create a more....personal saber sound effect? I don't have an obsidian right now, but I DO intend for my next one to be an obsidian, and I want to know how to do this beforehand. Anyone have anything yo say about this?

Blazing Red Aeon V2 LE: Heretikos
SRD w/ AB clash Bellicose: Arshaluys

lexonio
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 09:15:06 PM »

How about that video? ;)

I may look like a Sith, but the Light Side is my secret ally.

Vader's phrases made into .lsu lockup files - http://depositfiles.com/files/qnwimjfoo Unmixed and mixed with the default obsidian hum sound versions are available. PW is "ultrasabers".

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: