Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Author Topic: Awesome "Lockup" Feature on my US Bane (with info on making LSU files)  (Read 51583 times)
darth tratus
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -241

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 11:32:24 PM »

this is fantastic! cant wait to try this!!!

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 12:05:55 AM »

So far I've upgraded these sounds:

Boot sound is a Yoda Laugh.
Lockup #1 is Vader breathing
Lockup #2 is "It's a Trap!"

So. Much. Fun.

Darth Caugnien
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -36

Tamer of the Beast!!!

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2011, 12:19:02 AM »

Wow! Lots o' replies.

Qui: Glad I could help!

Lord Gale: You could try to record sound effects in real life and convert them to .wav, then .lsu files. OR, just mix audio of SW saber sounds and mess with how it sounds in a program like Audacity, then export it as .wav, then convert to .lsu.

lexonio: Workin' on it, hopefully will be up by tonight!

MAV, AWESOME boot sound! I'll have to try that!

My US sabers: RGB Bane W/Obsidian
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=2170.0

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2011, 12:25:55 AM »

Leave it to MAV to come up with the best gags... lol I have a friend who would TOTALLY rock that boot sound.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Suns of the Force

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2011, 12:29:46 AM »

I'll tell you the best hint I have for you guys: 

http://www.starwars.com/play/online-activities/soundboards/

I use Audacity (It's audio editing software, free), run a 1/8th inch jack from my audio out into my audio in (prevent background noise) start recording and then hit the buttons I want.  After that you can export it to just about any audio file time you want at the correct 48 kHz quality.

At any rate, it gives you pure sounds with no background noise issue.  If you have two computers (which I do) you can run the Obsidian launcher and record the sound of the hum and then mix it with whatever sound you want.  That's how I got the Vader breathing and the Ackbar.  They actually have the hum in the background...

Yea.  I'm a nerd.

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2011, 12:32:40 AM »

Good tip! I'd have never thought of that out into the in thing. And the hum with the voices, awesome.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Suns of the Force

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2011, 12:34:31 AM »

Yea, being a musician I'm used to finding ways to filter out different sounds and such.  And I just realized you don't need two computers to do the record the hum thing, that's just how I do it cause I'm a mac user.  PC users won't need the second unit...  Enjoy and let us know what you make!  I'll keep you posted on what I make  Wink

Cheers.

Darth Caugnien
Knight Ensign

Tamer of the Beast!!!

« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2011, 01:06:52 AM »

I'll tell you the best hint I have for you guys: 

http://www.starwars.com/play/online-activities/soundboards/

I use Audacity (It's audio editing software, free), run a 1/8th inch jack from my audio out into my audio in (prevent background noise) start recording and then hit the buttons I want.  After that you can export it to just about any audio file time you want at the correct 48 kHz quality.

At any rate, it gives you pure sounds with no background noise issue.  If you have two computers (which I do) you can run the Obsidian launcher and record the sound of the hum and then mix it with whatever sound you want.  That's how I got the Vader breathing and the Ackbar.  They actually have the hum in the background...

Yea.  I'm a nerd.

Utter. Genius. THANK YOU MAV! I will totally be doing this all weekend long, when I can get my hands on a PC.

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Suns of the Force

« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2011, 01:14:08 AM »

Last thing to mention, you have to mix the sounds down to mono, I'm sure you all already know that but hey, it's worth mentioning!

File types must be
Mono
48 kHz
.wav

Let us know what you create!

Darth Caugnien
Knight Ensign

Tamer of the Beast!!!

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 01:22:21 AM »

Alrighty, here's the vid. Sorry for the batteries dying on the LED, at least the sound still worked! Tongue

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfSvlQb1cXE" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfSvlQb1cXE</a>

lordgale119
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 4

I walk within both and neither...

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 01:53:39 AM »

Wow! Lots o' replies.

Qui: Glad I could help!

Lord Gale: You could try to record sound effects in real life and convert them to .wav, then .lsu files. OR, just mix audio of SW saber sounds and mess with how it sounds in a program like Audacity, then export it as .wav, then convert to .lsu.

lexonio: Workin' on it, hopefully will be up by tonight!

MAV, AWESOME boot sound! I'll have to try that!

That link is a lifesaver, and now I need to find Audacity.
But thanks a lot, guys, this seriously answers my question. Now, about RECORDING, does that mean you use a microphone? cuz I don't have one of those....

Blazing Red Aeon V2 LE: Heretikos
SRD w/ AB clash Bellicose: Arshaluys

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Suns of the Force

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 01:59:57 AM »

You should have an audio in jack where you would hook a microphone up.  Here's what you do:

Go to RadioShack, buy an audio cable that has a 1/8th inch jack at each end (if you wanna hear what you're recording buy a line splitter too and PM me for the set up).  Take your new cable home and run it from your headphone jack to your audio in jack.  Make sure when you set up Audacity that you have it recording from "Line In."  Then just hit record, go to the sound board and record the sounds you want.  Edit down and format the file and BAM you have a .wav ready for conversion.

lordgale119
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 4

I walk within both and neither...

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 11:12:08 PM »

You should have an audio in jack where you would hook a microphone up.  Here's what you do:

Go to RadioShack, buy an audio cable that has a 1/8th inch jack at each end (if you wanna hear what you're recording buy a line splitter too and PM me for the set up).  Take your new cable home and run it from your headphone jack to your audio in jack.  Make sure when you set up Audacity that you have it recording from "Line In."  Then just hit record, go to the sound board and record the sounds you want.  Edit down and format the file and BAM you have a .wav ready for conversion.
Awesome.
I'm somewhat broke right now, but this is really helpful. I'll see if my dad has one of these cables, maybe I'll get lucky.
But seriously, thanks. I'm glad I finally found a forum that's this nice and informative.  Grin

Blazing Red Aeon V2 LE: Heretikos
SRD w/ AB clash Bellicose: Arshaluys

Ghost
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: -23

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2011, 03:50:52 AM »

Wish my sensor on my other saber was working right, can't figure out what's wrong.  But I must try this, force lightning sounds!

Through Victory my chains are broken...

Darth Caugnien
Knight Ensign

Tamer of the Beast!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2011, 08:38:21 PM »

Have you messed with the config settings on the program? If so, you can always hit restore factory default, and get it back to how it was when you first got it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: