Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Electrum Wind  (Read 298458 times)
Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 700

« on: September 14, 2016, 08:10:24 PM »

The new Electrum Wind brings another iconic and loved saber designs to the Ultrasabers lineup. The Electrum Wind is of course fully made of T6 Aircraft Aluminum and combat ready. This hilt design has been sought after by saber enthusiasts and we are happy to add this one to our line up. The emitter is removable and Gold Anodized and features windows to show light when the blade is illuminated. Additionally, several other pieces of the Electrum Wind are gold anodized to accent the black grips and black textured pieces on the rear of the hilt and near the pommel. The grips come in two different version: Round and Chamfered. The pommel is removable and comes in two different versions: Gold Finish and Black Finish. The Electrum Wind is able to accommodate sound installs, Emerald LED driver installs, and has a MHS compatible emitter & pommel as well.

The Electrum Wind comes standard with a non-illuminated AV switch, is 1.6" wide, and 12.25" long from the top of the emitter to the bottom of the pommel. The saber comes completely assembled and ready to go. The pommel and emitter are removable and compatible with TCSS MHS parts. Sound and the Emerald LED driver are also available options. Both Standard Setup and Li-Ion Setup work perfectly for an Electrum Wind with No Sound. However, Li-Ion Setup is mandatory in order to add sound or the Emerald driver to the Electrum Wind.

Electrum Wind

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEzmOuNdRLA&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEzmOuNdRLA&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 05:34:38 AM »

First impressions ? . . . . really liking the silver / gold / black features . . . a VERY impressive hilt indeed  Cool

A couple of questions tho ?

1.6" wide . . . is that the outer diameter of the grip section ? and
are the textured section & grips, rubber or plastic, or anodised aluminium ?

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 06:05:41 AM »

I see the new coupler is listed as well.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Kai-Yen
Knight Major

Force Alignment: 123

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 06:10:35 AM »

Soo very nice ...!!

K

Sabers Owned:  Azure Reaper (AB), Crimson Reaper (AS), Apprentice (BH).

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 06:39:40 AM »

Definitely going to be my next saber =] Non lit av switch, canon purple blade, round grips for me

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

hazard502
Vanguard of the Archon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2272

[Give Light Side Points!]

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 07:37:24 AM »

A few notes- the cut out around the switch section looks nice esp. in the video, that is one serious socket retention screw(I like that style), gold anodizing should be bullet proof, MHS emitter(had guessed it was going to be fixed Smiley), and the new textured sections, good stuff.  

1.6" wide seems a bit large to me, so the smaller round vertical grips would be a better fit IMO and I like that style more.  This pommel should be well sought after to diversify the other LE gold accented hilts out there . . . a welcome addition.

Edit:  Thinking about it the Electrum Wind activation box would make a very nice detail on a few other hilt designs as well.

Customized Flamberge/BR, Customized LostGray/HP or Tri-AS

Drahcir
Keeper of Ancient Artifacts
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -971

Shiny saber you got there, let me fix that.

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2016, 07:38:03 AM »

First impression - that's a good looking hilt.
Now to wait and see who decides to order it and give it a full review.

Want your hilt customized? Visit my Thread and I'll do it for you : http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=24643

Master Seblaise
Resident Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 838

Avatar from the DarthScrub's factory

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2016, 07:59:42 AM »

Really love this one ...

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

For other free words of wisdom, dial 555-YODA

Darth Renov
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: -16

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1015140418

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2016, 08:12:29 AM »

You guys couldn't have put this out before I ordered my Bane? lol. My list of sabers to get before I die just got longer...

I sense a disturbance in the forums...

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 08:44:45 AM »

Thinking about it the Electrum Wind activation box would make a very nice detail on a few other hilt designs as well.

It seems this hilt can be optioned with an illuminated LATCHING av switch for a stunt saber . . . cool

Also, did anyone else notice the retention screws on the back of the grip section (about 50 seconds into the video) . . . I'm thinking this hilt will be put together in a very creative way to achieve the 3 hilt colours (silver / gold / black)

EDIT :

And . . . Emory does say "The Electrum Wind is of course fully made of T6 Aircraft Aluminum" . . . so i guess that answers that question, lol . . .

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 09:01:32 AM »

It's the compromise between accommodating the guts and maintaining the proportions, I guess. The Menace is the best for keeping everything in line size-wise, but the canon hilts were always designed with looks in mind; They didn't have to accommodate anything inside, after all!

I'm impressed with the EW any way. It looks slimmer than I'd expected, based on the con photos. It's not high on my list (not with the Tano hilt coming soon!) so I'm not ordering it straight away... but I'm looking forward to the reviews, and may well end up picking this up in the not too distant future.

Also, did anyone else notice the retention screws on the back of the grip section (about 50 seconds into the video) . . . I'm thinking this hilt will be put together in a very creative way to achieve the 3 hilt colours (silver / gold / black)

Good catch. I'd guess that section would be a shroud like on the Consular/Mantis etc?

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

RedMileJedi
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 77

On the edge...

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2016, 10:18:18 AM »

<throws money at scree>

Didn't quite work, but I ordered anyway.  Grin

<this space reserved for...something.>
My UltraSabers:
Aeon V4 | Graflex SE | Dark Apprentice LE v4
Dark Mantis | Dark Initiate V2 | Consular
Guardian | Aeon LE V4 | Electrum Wind
Chosen One SE | Dominix V2 | Prophecy V3
Archon v3.1

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2016, 10:20:16 AM »

Damn you US! Why do you have to wave a pretty lightsaber in my face and threaten my savings balance?!

Actually, I've been waiting for a while for a detailed and pretty lightsaber to come out so I could get myself a new one. I'm not a fan of crossguard hilts, though I was lucky enough to see and hold a renegade recently (ultrasabers are very popular locally) and it was far better than I thought it would be. And while the V4s are nice they aren't what I've been after. Detail, tri colour (I've been liking the idea of a hilt with gold), a design I like.... It's ticking all the boxes. This might find itself in my collection very soon! I haven't made a new hilt purchase in nearly two years after all! *sads*

The size is the only downer for me, I have small hands after all, but I shall have to seriously think on this one!

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2016, 10:38:04 AM »

"You, like your father, are now MINE .... "

And I even like the name, Electrum Wind.  Cheesy

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2016, 11:18:39 AM »

First impression - that's a good looking hilt.
Now to wait and see who decides to order it and give it a full review.

Yes Drahc...

RedMileJedi seems to have been the first to pull that trigger...

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=32482.msg493897#msg493897

This would look awesome in DVA.  Shocked

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: