Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Electrum Wind  (Read 298450 times)
Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2016, 11:36:49 AM »

Looks very nice, and its good to know that both emitter and pommel are MHS...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

sedstiskyfaller
Artisan of the Azure Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 617

Blue is my color, it is who I am

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2016, 11:38:12 AM »

Love the intricate design! They really tried to capture the details of the canon saber from top to bottom.

It looks pretty thick, but the thickest points seem to be the top of the switch section and the grip section, so it may feel sleeker in hand.

I'm liking the new quick release coupler too, and actually think the male side of it could work as a slim pommel for this saber that looks more similar to the canon design.

It seems this hilt can be optioned with an illuminated LATCHING av switch for a stunt saber . . . cool

Also, did anyone else notice the retention screws on the back of the grip section (about 50 seconds into the video) . . . I'm thinking this hilt will be put together in a very creative way to achieve the 3 hilt colours (silver / gold / black)

EDIT :

And . . . Emory does say "The Electrum Wind is of course fully made of T6 Aircraft Aluminum" . . . so i guess that answers that question, lol . . .

I was wondering about these screws as well...maybe that section is a shroud of some sort? The grips are definitely aluminum and part of the body. You can see them better when selecting the grip option on the saber's purchasing page.

EDIT: I'm also curious what material/effect is used for the textured black sections on the saber

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 11:50:01 AM »

Illuminated or non-illuminated switch? I can't decide.  Tongue

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2016, 12:26:49 PM »

"The Electrum Wind comes standard with a non-illuminated AV switch."

Hoping this becomes a standard practice!

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2016, 12:36:35 PM »

LOL@ Lord C.  Grin

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Rathayatra
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: 98

"Mud hole? Slimy? My home this is"

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2016, 12:50:09 PM »

awesome new saber.  really glad to meet you guys at Dragon Con. Great Crew ---  sabers and thanks Emory.

lightside points please --- thanks an old youngling
Initiate LE v4 CG             
Prophesy v3 OPS GB 
Graflex GB OPS
Yoda FX
Dk. Prophesy v3 SY
Standard Issue Battle v3 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 VA
Archon v2.1 GB
Dk. Prophesy v3 CG
Dk. Menace tri GB
Consular v4 GB Nickel
Shock GB OPS + Raffle Prophesy CG Stunt
Archon v3.1 + spring raffle Dominix LE v4

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2016, 01:22:56 PM »

Stupid question: For the blade set screw, why is it a $10 upcharge to get a button screw instead of a socket screw?  Is that a coding mistake or is there a nuance I am missing?

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2016, 01:25:32 PM »

Stupid question: For the blade set screw, why is it a $10 upcharge to get a button screw instead of a socket screw?  Is that a coding mistake or is there a nuance I am missing?
I remarked that as well.  Seems a bit steep for a button head screw.  Perhaps it's a different diameter?

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2016, 01:38:30 PM »

Stupid question: For the blade set screw, why is it a $10 upcharge to get a button screw instead of a socket screw?  Is that a coding mistake or is there a nuance I am missing?

Yea, I noticed that also . . . perhaps the button screw is actually made of electrum ?  Wink

I can't help but dream up how I'd option one . . . so far I'm thinking . . . Tri-AB ; white illuminated / black av switch ; rounded grip section ; black finish pommel . . . and you know . . . I just had to add it to my cart, check 10% off and shipping cost Oz at the moment . . . oh, and added a quick release coupler . . . just for fun  Roll Eyes

EDIT : but I have NOT pressed go . . . . yet  Wink

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2016, 01:48:37 PM »

Oh . . . another thing . . . considering the hilt thickness . . . I thought I'd check a couple of my other hilts

Consular outer shroud 40.25mm (1.58")
My Renegade custom at the widest point of the grenade grip section 40.65mm (1.60")
Archon v2.1 lower section 39.20mm (1.54")

Depending on where the 1.60" width of this is, it might not be as bad or beefy as many of us first thought . . . . I've been using my Renegade (RenExar) a lot and the thickness is not that much of an issue for me . . .  Smiley

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2016, 02:10:17 PM »

EDIT : but I have NOT pressed go . . . . yet  Wink
DUN, DUN, DUN...

shade_1313
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 766

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2016, 03:15:27 PM »

Broke out my copy of the AOTC visual dictionary, and that is a pretty darn good interpretation of the canon saber.

Much kudos to US.

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2016, 03:23:52 PM »

you did catch the part where he said a few designs in the works..

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Lord Canterbury
Knight Commander

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2016, 03:27:12 PM »

Broke out my copy of the AOTC visual dictionary, and that is a pretty darn good interpretation of the canon saber.

Much kudos to US.

I would actually boldly suggest the US design of the Electrum Wind is a significant improvement over the prop that provided the general inspiration.

To me - anyway.  Wink

I always thought the sizing / proportions of the pommel to the grip to the emitter were . . . bizarre looking.

It always seemed unbalanced & awkward to me.

But that could just be me.  Smiley

Some people in this world like Vanilla ice cream, others prefer Chocolate ice cream. Why? Nobody knows - they just do.  (Don't get me started on people that like Mint ice cream. It's like trying to eat frozen cream whipped with mouthwash. Yuck.)

lovetadraw
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: -175

Lawth VS Malice ~The End of Innocence

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2016, 03:32:37 PM »

Darn that's a fine looking saber. I'd give my right hand for one, but alas, I won't be getting one... For now.

"Somewhere between darkness and light I reside, seek not to save me, for I needn't rescue."

Emerald Consular Staff (PO and Gold)
Chimera (Custom with Maticore emitter)
Cyan Short Boi (Modified Dark IniV2Le)
Kylo Ren-egade (Custom with Renegade parts)
MHS Luke Hero (Archon emitter)
Mustafar's Wake (Modified Dark Prophecy)
MHS Skywalker Saber
MHS Darth Zannah

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: