Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Electrum Wind  (Read 298469 times)
JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2016, 10:29:00 PM »

its a Amazing looking saber I think

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects
Electrum Wind <---DVA with V4 sound

wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2016, 10:31:13 PM »

VERY COOL. It's probably not likely I'll pick one up, but still....that's a good looking saber. I think I'd prefer yellower gold accents and a smaller size for the saber; however, I'm loving the fact that the non-illuminated switch is standard (I think black would look FANTASTIC), the emitter has Liberator-like windows, and that the emitter and pommel are MHS compatible. The pommel might look REALLY good on my Initiate LE V4.

I'm curious as to what that textured section is made of, and why the covertec wheel has to be a bit different than the other covertec wheels US offers.

But even if I don't get this saber, I am TOTALLY getting the new coupler--that's just plain sexy.

Awesome job, Ultrasabers--NO ONE has a saber or coupler like this on the market.

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

BlingedJedi
Knight Templar

Force Alignment: 81

crystals and cat hair

« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2016, 11:17:16 PM »

Oh my word it's GORGEOUS!

Ugh, but now I need new running shoes.  And a new laptop.  And a car :/

My sabers:
Arctic blue prophecy
Fire Orange initiat v2

Wanted:
Blazing red dark sentinel v4
yellow phantasm initiate

Ululant
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 22

« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2016, 01:06:14 AM »

Well Done US...  The force is strong with this one!   Ans sorry to sneak this comment in here too... But that quick release is awesome... Timely as I am hoping to order a couple staffs before Christmas...

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2016, 02:08:15 AM »

So I've been staring at this bad boy and the more I look at it - I think it's a very clever re-engineering of the Scorpion in terms of the hilt mechanics!

And I know a thing or two about that one.  Wink

Check it out!

Look at the area all around the switch; it looks like that switch is mounted to an inner-sleeve that houses the electronics - just like the Scorpion.

So they probably install the electronics in the inner sleeve . . . slide it in the shroud . . . wire the AV Switch & mount the Gold thingamadoodles once inside the Shroud . . . put in the retention screws in the Grip area to hold the inner sleeve so it doesn't rotate & break the Gold pieces or the switch . . . and the Emitter screws into the inner sleeve on top . . . and BAMF! . . . Electrum Wind!  Smiley

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Gamble
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: -254

Evil Only Has One Face

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2016, 03:27:19 AM »

Another great saber thank you ultra Sabers

Guardian CE W/Obsidian V4 - Guardian Blue
Prophecy V3 W/Obsidian Lite - Arctic Blue
Consular W/Obsidian V4 - Consular Green
Sentinel V4 W/Windows Stunt - Fire Orange

Vervidian
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 80

"This is madness."

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2016, 03:54:36 AM »

So I've been staring at this bad boy and the more I look at it - I think it's a very clever re-engineering of the Scorpion in terms of the hilt mechanics!

And I know a thing or two about that one.  Wink

Check it out!

Look at the area all around the switch; it looks like that switch is mounted to an inner-sleeve that houses the electronics - just like the Scorpion.

So they probably install the electronics in the inner sleeve . . . slide it in the shroud . . . wire the AV Switch & mount the Gold thingamadoodles once inside the Shroud . . . put in the retention screws in the Grip area to hold the inner sleeve so it doesn't rotate & break the Gold pieces or the switch . . . and the Emitter screws into the inner sleeve on top . . . and BAMF! . . . Electrum Wind!  Smiley

I suspect you are right Lord C.  Now I'm curious how the thingamadoodles are mounted in such a confined space.  Also, I only later realized that the skunk you showed is the actual Skunk Works logo, so now you get another -1 point.  Smiley

Armory:
Emperor's Hand - Diamond RGBA
Catalyst - Diamond RGBW (Mrs. Verv's)
Sentinel LE v4 stunt - Guardian Blue - Mainhand Battle Saber
Sentinel v4 stunt - Consular Green ***raffle prize*** - Offhand Battle Saber
Initiate LE v2 - Guardian Blue (Lil Verv's)
2 stunt sabers as gifts - CG Prophecy, FO Tri-Cree Dominix

I feel the light side calling me!

bigBear
Council Elder of Shenanigans
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1538

a true warrior fights to protect

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2016, 05:11:53 AM »

seriously, US has taken it up a notch we could be looking at the next generation for hilts if this is a sleeve over the main body. opens up a ton of possibilities.

who's scruffy looking?
own: Dominix V4 GB, Sentinel V4 sunrider's, Aprentice LE V4 VA X2 (staff). Liberator SY, dark SI AB, dark initiate LE CG, dark initiate BR, dark apprentice LE AS and FO stunts. dark Sentinel LE in FO OB lite sound Malice w/ V4 sound, Emerald. Crimson curved Reaper AS OB lite. Diamond Raven, Chosen One V4 sound, emerald, Consular CG, V4 sound.

Deep
Administrator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 701

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2016, 02:32:33 PM »

As far as size goes, width in specific: the Graflex is one of our best selling sabers and customers love it all around for both display and use.  I've never heard a single opinion voiced over it's width.  And the grips on the Graflex are slightly wider than the grips on the Electrum Wind.

Emory "Deep" Harris
www.ultrasabers.com

Iram
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -292

Grey, leaning to the Dark Side

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2016, 03:54:17 PM »

As far as size goes, width in specific: the Graflex is one of our best selling sabers and customers love it all around for both display and use.  I've never heard a single opinion voiced over it's width.  And the grips on the Graflex are slightly wider than the grips on the Electrum Wind.

See, that's kind of what I thought.

Are the grips on the Electrum Wind more comfortable than the grips on the Graflex?

BBL and proud!!!

My Sabers
Overlord (BR) Old Reliable w/ Obsidian v4 
Crimson Scorpion (VA)  w/ Obsidian v3  [Second Prize, 2016 Spring Raffle (1st)]
Dark Apprentice LE v4 (CG) Viridi Ignis 
Graflex SE (Emerald) w/Obsidian v4 [Won -50% off coupon April 2017]
Dark Sentinel LE V4 (BR)

WWJD?

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2016, 05:04:10 PM »

I really like this.  Th Mace Windu hilt is a fantastic design and the UltraSabers version does it justice without being an exact duplicate.  Since I have long hands, I don't see the 1.6 inch grip section being an issue for me.  In fact, I may find it quite comfortable.

Seeing this and the Fall sale males me glad I skipped the last sale.  Not only do I have more money right now than if I'd ordered, but I can get one if these with Lite sound and save more than I would have with free shipping.  So, I'm probably going to order one after I get paid next week.

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2016, 05:54:32 PM »

I really like this.  Th Mace Windu hilt is a fantastic design and the UltraSabers version does it justice without being an exact duplicate.  Since I have long hands, I don't see the 1.6 inch grip section being an issue for me.  In fact, I may find it quite comfortable.

Seeing this and the Fall sale males me glad I skipped the last sale.  Not only do I have more money right now than if I'd ordered, but I can get one if these with Lite sound and save more than I would have with free shipping.  So, I'm probably going to order one after I get paid next week.
Right on scifidude79!

Hope they're still in stock for you. Tongue

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Renaissance1459
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -24

"If you only knew the POWER of the DARK SIDE!"

« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2016, 06:35:43 PM »

"(My wallet) is weak...Too weak...Please...Don't kill me..."
UNLIMITED POWERRRR! Shocked

Aaaaannnd...Back to reality Grin
This would be fantastic Christmas present! Really like the combination of gold, silver, and black colours of this hilt...

"I feel no longing. I feel no regret. My memories feed my anger, and my anger feeds my strength!"
- Darth Vader, Star Wars: Lords of the Sith -

Inside the armory so far:
1. UltraSabers Chosen One CE in BR
2. UltraSabers The Graflex SE in AB
3. SaberForge Prodigal Son (CT) in Green
4. SaberForge Crystal Reveal Prodigal Son (CT) in Green
5. Vader's Vault Hero in Plecter Pixel

Wishlist:
1. Vader's Vault Flex 2.0 (ANH)
2. Vader's Vault VDR (ANH)

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2016, 07:07:13 PM »

The more I look at this, the more I think how awesome it will look hanging off the belt of my newest costume which will be made very soon....

And when your husband comments it'll suit your TOR costume, you know you have the tick of approval Grin only reason I haven't hit the buy button yet is coz I have a policy not to impulse buy expensive things, I must consider it a couple of days first Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #59 on: September 16, 2016, 08:45:20 PM »

See, that's kind of what I thought.

Are the grips on the Electrum Wind more comfortable than the grips on the Graflex?

I haven't handled a Flex, but I do own a CO. I have pretty big hands which make the linear grips easier to grasp. But seeing as how they create points similar to a hexagonal profile, they aren't the most comfortable to duel with, but they're not "OMG my hand is killing me" uncomfortable.

I would say that considering that the EW has more grips, putting less space between them that it would be more comfortable than the Flex.

(But still......who doesn't want a Graflex?)

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: