Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Electrum Wind  (Read 298468 times)
James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2016, 08:50:19 PM »

(But still......who doesn't want a Graflex?)

*Hand up*

Oh, I get the appeal, of course... I just don't get the appeal.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Darth Logos
Sith Legend
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2765

Peace is a lie...

« Reply #61 on: September 16, 2016, 09:04:34 PM »

*Hand up*

Of course. It's only the most iconic saber of all time.

Sig by For Tyeth
...the Force shall set me free.

Arsenal: (* w/ sound)
Scorpion*(BR)  Emerald Mantis CE* Chosen One*(BR)  Shock LE*(FO)  Archon V2.1*(CG)  Dk Prophecy(BR){Thanks Qui-Lar}  Menace CE staff*(BH) Flamberge CE*(BR)  Initiate LE V2(BR)
Dk Initiate V3(CG)  Manticore CE*(SY)  Dominix LE V3(AB)  Bellicose*(GB)  Dk Arbiter*(VA)  Dominix V4(BR)  Emperor's Hand*(DVA)  Aeon V4(GB)  Dk Initiate V4 (HP)  Project:BOOYA!

eslabon
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 6

« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2016, 10:17:57 PM »

I would actually boldly suggest the US design of the Electrum Wind is a significant improvement over the prop that provided the general inspiration.

To me - anyway.  Wink

I always thought the sizing / proportions of the pommel to the grip to the emitter were . . . bizarre looking.

It always seemed unbalanced & awkward to me.

But that could just be me.  Smiley

Some people in this world like Vanilla ice cream, others prefer Chocolate ice cream. Why? Nobody knows - they just do.  (Don't get me started on people that like Mint ice cream. It's like trying to eat frozen cream whipped with mouthwash. Yuck.)

My thoughts exactly. I've never been a fan of the canon design, but the Electrum Wind looks absolutely gorgeous! If I had the money to spare, I'd buy it today...

Sabers owned:
Prophecy v3 - Guardian Blue [Premium sound]

Wishlist:
Emerald Aeon LE v4 with premium sound
Emerald Electrum Wind with premium sound

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2016, 12:51:06 AM »

I shall be placing my order this coming week. I have been using the Dark Side of the Force to guide me on options. I am almost there.

RangerCLZ
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2016, 02:47:00 AM »

I have been debating on what saber I wanted to get as my first for a while, and then I saw this on facebook a day or two ago, and I knew I just had to have it.
Earlier today I ordered the Stunt version in blue, mostly because I can't manage the full price of the fancier models. But I'm still happy either way. I can't wait for it to get in.
Also, first post. Hi guys.

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2016, 03:26:19 AM »

Right on scifidude79!

Hope they're still in stock for you. Tongue

If not, I'll get in line for one.  Wink  A saber this beautiful is worth the wait, I think.

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2027

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2016, 04:38:46 AM »

@Ranger, nice. What external options did you go for, somewhat canon or your own like the black pommel and stuff? I have to go canon for mine though Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG,
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

RangerCLZ
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 4

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2016, 04:28:17 PM »

@Ranger, nice. What external options did you go for, somewhat canon or your own like the black pommel and stuff? I have to go canon for mine though Tongue

I went with the gold pommel, though I might get the black one just to swap out at some point.

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2016, 10:13:08 PM »

I want to see more reviews of the saber before I think of ordering one

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects
Electrum Wind <---DVA with V4 sound

wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2016, 07:58:36 AM »

I want to see more reviews of the saber before I think of ordering one

What's holding you back?

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2016, 12:57:24 PM »

*Hand up*

I get what you mean. I understand completely why someone would want it.... It just doesn't appeal to me.

Thankfully I do just have enough money to afford the electrum wind with emerald driver, but since I have no experience with the emerald driver and it will be my first I need to do some research first... And I'm far too tired right now to do that after a full day out. Hopefully tomorrow night I might be able to put in my order Cheesy

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Dude
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -58

« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2016, 01:47:26 PM »

First impression - that's a good looking hilt.
Now to wait and see who decides to order it and give it a full review.

As soon as I hear back from Ultra Sabers I'm gonna order mine. Smiley This is one badass hilt. Cool

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2016, 02:07:15 PM »

What's holding you back?
He's mad about getting one really... lol...-1 for asking him back

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2016, 02:38:03 PM »

What's holding you back?

He's probably a review shopper.  He likes seeing what consumers think of a product before buying it.  I'm the same way with a lot of things.  (especially video games)  I researched the heck out of UltraSabers before buying my first one.  I watched review videos on most of the hilts and read reviews posted on the site as well.  The only reason I'm even planning on buying the Electrum Wind before reviews are up is because it's an UltraSaber.  My experience with this company and its product so far has been 100% satisfaction.  Plus, it doesn't have any features that give me pause, like the thin neck on the Archon V3.1.  It looks like a solid hilt.  (besides, it's probably going to be a display piece for me anyway)

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2016, 02:58:24 PM »

He's probably a review shopper.  He likes seeing what consumers think of a product before buying it.  I'm the same way with a lot of things.  (especially video games)  I researched the heck out of UltraSabers before buying my first one.  I watched review videos on most of the hilts and read reviews posted on the site as well.  The only reason I'm even planning on buying the Electrum Wind before reviews are up is because it's an UltraSaber.  My experience with this company and its product so far has been 100% satisfaction.  Plus, it doesn't have any features that give me pause, like the thin neck on the Archon V3.1.  It looks like a solid hilt.  (besides, it's probably going to be a display piece for me anyway)

Yes, I watched hundreds of reviews before getting my first, and I'm still doing so before I get my second in March, but as you say the Electrum Wind does look like a solid saber with no drawbacks...and as Deep sayed, the grips are thinner than the Graflex's, and they look more comfortable too...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: