Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Electrum Wind  (Read 298449 times)
Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -644

« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2016, 04:19:14 PM »

Well, I shall be ordering one this week and do a full youtube video when I receive it.

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2016, 04:56:20 PM »

Well, I shall be ordering one this week and do a full youtube video when I receive it.
I'll be waiting for that

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2016, 08:16:43 PM »

I tend to just dive in. The only things I read reviews about are laptops and cars... and even then, with the cars I tend to just go for what feels good on the test drive.

But then, I hate making video reviews, so that may colour my opinion of watching them. I tend to enjoy them when I do, other than feeling jealous about whatever hilt they have that I don't, of course!

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2016, 08:40:03 PM »

Dang! Here goes, order placed. Happy to have also made use of the 10% discount and free blade plug! Will keep you all updated!  Cheesy

Options:
•  Blade LED Color: SENTINEL YELLOW FORUM COLOR UPGRADE
•  Flash on Clash: Flash Orange
•  Battery Configuration: Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries & XTAR VC2 Plus Charger Included) [Summer Sales Strike Back
•  Recharge Port: Recharge Port + No Charger
•  Blade Length: 36" Standard Size
•  Blade Option: Mid Grade
•  Electrum Wind Grip Type: Round
•  Sound:Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4
•  Switch Type: Yellow Illuminated Silver AV Switch
•  Electrum Wind Pommel Type: Gold Finish
•  Blade Set Screw Type: Button
•  Blade Tip: Round Tip
•  Include Retention Screw Wrench: No Thanks
•  Include Blade Plug: No Thanks
•  Include Saber Stand: No Thanks
•  Include MINI USB Cable: No Thanks
•  Include Covertec Clip: No Thanks

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2016, 03:16:26 AM »

Dang! Here goes, order placed. Happy to have also made use of the 10% discount and free blade plug! Will keep you all updated!  Cheesy

Options:
•  Battery Configuration: Li-Ion Setup with BuckPuck (Batteries & XTAR VC2 Plus Charger Included) [Summer Sales Strike Back

great looking setup on the saber

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects
Electrum Wind <---DVA with V4 sound

wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2016, 03:25:33 AM »

Yes, I watched hundreds of reviews before getting my first, and I'm still doing so before I get my second in March, but as you say the Electrum Wind does look like a solid saber with no drawbacks...and as Deep sayed, the grips are thinner than the Graflex's, and they look more comfortable too...

I still watch the vids too.  They're a great place to get impressions on any hilt.  I think the Electrum wind has no drawbacks as well, but I still await video reviews.  However, I still plan to buy one.  Right now, I could afford a stunt, but I want to swing for sound on this one, so I'm (im)patiently awaiting payday.  I'm still torn between the V4 and LITE sound.  I think the V4 may just be worth the price upgrade to get six sound fonts and a mute.  Besides, I can't afford a whole arsenal of sound sabers, so I may as well splurge on this one.  I can afford it right now. (you get the feeling my mind is sort of made up? Wink)

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2016, 09:00:14 AM »

I still watch the vids too.  They're a great place to get impressions on any hilt.  I think the Electrum wind has no drawbacks as well, but I still await video reviews.  However, I still plan to buy one.  Right now, I could afford a stunt, but I want to swing for sound on this one, so I'm (im)patiently awaiting payday.  I'm still torn between the V4 and LITE sound.  I think the V4 may just be worth the price upgrade to get six sound fonts and a mute.  Besides, I can't afford a whole arsenal of sound sabers, so I may as well splurge on this one.  I can afford it right now. (you get the feeling my mind is sort of made up? Wink)
Yes, its normal, but the v4 is perfect, I wish I would've got it for my wife, because she could use the saber mute at night after putting the kids to sleep,( oh, and there are 7 sound fonts and the mute)...just only for that, its worth it, you have a stunt and a premium sound saber in one. Plus you can change the font if you get bored. After you order you will feel like it was a mistake, but as soon as it ships you will be excited...lol...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2016, 09:01:05 AM »

Options:

Looks fantastic...

My Lightsabers:

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2016, 09:12:47 AM »

So...black and silver hilts go great with any color, but I guess that the gold doesn't match so well with all the colors, so what colors would you think it would look the worst with??

My Lightsabers:

Lord Sidious
Knight Commander

« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2016, 11:25:15 AM »

I chose Sentinel Yellow to match the gold. I have SY on my Shock LE, it works nice so I'm playing it safe. Smiley

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2016, 11:40:09 AM »

I chose Sentinel Yellow to match the gold. I have SY on my Shock LE, it works nice so I'm playing it safe. Smiley
Totally... If I get it, I'll would go violet with quick disconects...I think.

My Lightsabers:

James Casey
Forum Watchman
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1510

« Reply #86 on: September 19, 2016, 12:12:50 PM »

So...black and silver hilts go great with any color, but I guess that the gold doesn't match so well with all the colors, so what colors would you think it would look the worst with??

My concern would be that blues and greens in particular may clash with the gold. Red, too, although not so much.

And sadly quick disconnects aren't an option on this hilt.

"I'll split this world open and tear down the sky before I let him come to even the slightest harm."

JediApprenticeChris37
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 140

Light side points PLEASE and stop with dark points

« Reply #87 on: September 19, 2016, 12:48:02 PM »

My concern would be that blues and greens in particular may clash with the gold. Red, too, although not so much.

And sadly quick disconnects aren't an option on this hilt.

I agree with you Jame

My Eletrum Wind blade color will be fire Orange or Tri Cree fire orange

sabers I own:
Prophecy v3  <---Guardian Blue w/V4 sound
Bellicose <--- Sentinel Yellow V3 sound
Dark Menace <---Guardian Blue  V4 sound
Manticore CE <---Emerald Driver and V4 sound
Consular <--- Adegan silver with Quick disconnects
Electrum Wind <---DVA with V4 sound

wishlist: Dark Prophecy V3

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #88 on: September 19, 2016, 03:42:38 PM »

Just waiting for pay day tomorrow to top my account up so I well and truly have extra before placing an order for my first emerald saber Grin

I dont think I've been this excited about a new saber since my first raffle win rofl Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #89 on: September 19, 2016, 05:06:39 PM »

Yes, its normal, but the v4 is perfect, I wish I would've got it for my wife, because she could use the saber mute at night after putting the kids to sleep,( oh, and there are 7 sound fonts and the mute)...just only for that, its worth it, you have a stunt and a premium sound saber in one. Plus you can change the font if you get bored. After you order you will feel like it was a mistake, but as soon as it ships you will be excited...lol...

Six fonts, seven fonts, whatever. (still, have a point for that correction) Either way, it's worth the $10 markup from the V3, especially since I don't have a Windows computer or a Mac to switch the fonts, so I need as many loaded on it as I can get.  Wink  I don't think there's a way to order one of these and feel like it's a mistake.  I was just numbers crunching and the V4 Electrum Wind in Violet Amethyst (wasn't going to go there, but a lot of people aren't, so I will) is under $280 with the 10% discount during the sale.  That's an unbeatable price, plus all premium sabers right now are getting the better charger for free.  With FedEx ground shipping, the whole order will be under $300.  I don't see how I can pass on that deal.  I just need to wait for Thursday......

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: