Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
Author Topic: New Saber: Electrum Wind  (Read 298460 times)
Majobu5
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 0

Agent Zero. No points

« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2016, 09:08:37 PM »

Nah! He made his unboxing vídeo yesterday, its in the discusions thread,...I think they joked him saying they had sent the saber back...haha...

they were joking about sending it back

Lol!! Phew! is what you had to be thinking!

No points, just fist bumps baby!

xcynderx
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #181 on: October 01, 2016, 03:25:05 AM »

so many choices, especially after seeing some of the other choices people did for their EW sabers...finally settleed on

[Blade LED Color:Blazing Red for Emerald]
[Emerald Driver Configuration:4 Channel Emerald Driver - RGBW LED]
[Flash on Clash:Flash Silver for Emerald]
[Pulse Mode:Pulse Off]
[Battery Configuration:Li-Ion Setup for Emerald (Batteries & XTAR VC2 Plus Charger Included)]
[Recharge Port:Recharge Port + 1.2A Fast Charger]
[Blade Length:32" Length]
[Blade Option:UltraEdge Heavy Grade]
[Electrum Wind Grip Type:Round]
[Sound:Obsidian USB V4 Sound! [V4]]
[Switch Type:Yellow Illuminated Silver AV Switch]
[AV Switch Channel:Channel 4 (Dedicated to AV Switch) [Recommended]]
[Electrum Wind Pommel Type:Gold Finish]
[Blade Set Screw Type:Button]
[Blade Tip:Round Tip]
[Include Retention Screw Wrench:No Thanks]
[Include Blade Plug:Yes, Include Circle Plug]
[Include Saber Stand:No Thanks]
[Include MINI USB Cable:No Thanks]
[Include Covertec Clip:Yes!]   

it will go so well with my 2 Dominix V4s...especially since i also ordered a black QRC to go with them Cheesy...looking forward to what grab bag saber and plug I'll get heheh

also got 4 24 in midgrade blades for spinning and showing off.

Dark Side points preferred Cheesy

Sabers Owned:

2 Emerald Dominix V4 sabers

1 Emerald Electrum Wind

1 Initiate LE V2

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #182 on: October 01, 2016, 03:33:09 AM »

Great looking setup.  Smiley

Wow, I'm tired.  I had to re-read that too many times to realize you didn't order 424 blades. Shocked

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #183 on: October 01, 2016, 08:08:51 AM »

As for spinning, it's not much of a spinning hilt.  It's heavy, so it's not well balanced for spinning.  With the mid grade blade in it, I don't find it spins well at all.  In order to get good rotation, I find I have to hold it down lower, nowhere near the set screw.  Now, with a heavy grade, it may spin better.  I don't know, I only had a HG blade in it once.

I cant say ive tried spinning it yet- ive been too sick and getting worse plus we are away this weekend so double whammy- but it is a very heavy hilt (compared to my others) without a nice balance or choke point so I cant imagine it would be any good for spinning. Not at all like my dominix or archon which are beautiful for spinning.

Atm im at a crossroads (assuming im well enough by then)- next friday I have an event as my Jedi.... Do I go double bladed saber with my electrum wind on my belt, or use my electrum wind and forgo my usual double? I do so love my double shocks, they have the wow factor especially as this event will be outside at dusk.... But I kinda really wanna play with my new toy and the pulsating colours will look cool in the dark too Tongue decisions decisions....

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

xcynderx
Knight Lance Corporal

Force Alignment: -12

« Reply #184 on: October 01, 2016, 12:49:50 PM »

Great looking setup.  Smiley

Wow, I'm tired.  I had to re-read that too many times to realize you didn't order 424 blades. Shocked

hahah, yeah i can see that now...sadly its far too late to add an x after the first 4 heheh

Dark Side points preferred Cheesy

Sabers Owned:

2 Emerald Dominix V4 sabers

1 Emerald Electrum Wind

1 Initiate LE V2

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #185 on: October 01, 2016, 01:53:29 PM »

Well, on my computer it's obvious that it's 4 (space) 24 in blades.  However, on my tiny phone on the bus when I was very tired from working, it looked like 424.  I thought "That's a little excessive."  Shocked

I cant say ive tried spinning it yet- ive been too sick and getting worse plus

Sorry to hear that.  I hope you've been to see a doctor so you can start getting better.

As to your dilemma with carrying one saber or another, I can't help you there.  I have four hilts with Covertecs, (two are identical) so I'd be playing the "which saber to carry" game in that situation also.  You could certainly carry both, as you said.  The double in hand and the EW on the belt.  That's a lot of UltraSaber goodness, which is never a bad thing. Cheesy

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #186 on: October 01, 2016, 02:22:12 PM »

Sorry to hear that.  I hope you've been to see a doctor so you can start getting better.

As to your dilemma with carrying one saber or another, I can't help you there.  I have four hilts with Covertecs, (two are identical) so I'd be playing the "which saber to carry" game in that situation also.  You could certainly carry both, as you said.  The double in hand and the EW on the belt.  That's a lot of UltraSaber goodness, which is never a bad thing. Cheesy

Thanks, saw the doc when i was less bad coz i had to go home from work early, but I think I'm gonna have to see em again tomorrow when I get home coz I don't think ill be working on Monday :/

I usually carry my double shocks (well manticore emitters on my shocks so I call em shockcores Tongue ) or manticores and then have my arconsular (yep, archon emitter on consular) on my belt. But the advantage of having the electrum wind is for all its emerald/ v4 obsidian goodness Tongue

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #187 on: October 01, 2016, 03:04:25 PM »

Being able to change fonts on the fly with the V4 is a definite advantage.  I was playing around with mine again after I got home from work last night.  Cheesy

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -473

Either you like Star Wars... Or you're wrong.

« Reply #188 on: October 01, 2016, 08:21:24 PM »

Being able to change fonts on the fly with the V4 is a definite advantage.  I was playing around with mine again after I got home from work last night.  Cheesy

I have loved that feature so far.  I already created my own soundfont using the existing ones plus some I downloaded and picked different sounds from different fonts for the various events, i.e. Power On, Idle, Swing, etc. 

My Top 3 Favorite Sabers: Electrum Wind, Emperor's Hand and Shock LE

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #189 on: October 01, 2016, 09:19:18 PM »

I'm limited to the seven fonts plus mute that come with it, but that's fine by me.  The whole reason I got the V4 was because it comes with seven fonts, as opposed to one.

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #190 on: October 01, 2016, 09:40:43 PM »

I have loved that feature so far.  I already created my own soundfont using the existing ones plus some I downloaded and picked different sounds from different fonts for the various events, i.e. Power On, Idle, Swing, etc. 
I love the power on and off of the episode 2 font, and the idle hum and swings from episode 6 font, it really makes me feel like fighting against Darth Vader in front of the Emperor inside the second death star... Plus I have a CG color blade...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #191 on: October 02, 2016, 12:49:56 AM »

I'm limited to the seven fonts plus mute that come with it, but that's fine by me.  The whole reason I got the V4 was because it comes with seven fonts, as opposed to one.

You can replace any of those 7 fonts with a new one.  You pick the memory channel you want to load your custom sound font on and then go through and pick a sound for each event and pick a name for your soundfont at the end and save it. What I did first, though, was export the sound font I was replacing so I could restore it later all those sounds at once by opening that file that I just saved.  I forget what the file extension is, but it's like a "theme".

Here's are quotes from Gorobulus and 123outerme in the following thread that give pretty good insight on installing/changing soundfonts on your Obsidian V4 saber:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27051.0

1. Yes you have to overwrite an existing font. You also have to make sure the new font you want to put on will fit in that soundbanks allotted memory. 8 Soundbanks come standard on the V4, 7 actual soundfonts and one extremely small silent font which has basically nothing in it. If you want to put larger more detailed soundfonts on the V4 then you will have to reduce the number of soundbanks. This will yield more actual memory per soundbank.

2. I keep mine in my downloads file. If you keep them on your desktop and you're a soundfont junkie like I am, very quickly your desktop will be covered in soundfont folders lol As for why you cant find them, have you extracted the files? That would be the only reason I could think of that the launcher program cant see them.

3. There are tons of places to get new soundfonts. There are forum member created fonts here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11414.0

Ultrasabers themselves have a bunch of them for free here:(scroll down for the download links)
https://www.ultrasabers.com/Sound-Font-p/soundfont-manual.htm

You can also get them from here:
http://saberfont.com/saberFonts.shtml
These ones are not free and most of them were made for other soundboards, however soundfonts are soundfonts and they're all done the same way basically so I would think they would work with the Obsidian as well.

To open the files, assuming you're using the Obsidian Launcher V4, you must open the Sounds Wizard menu in the Obsidian Soundboard tab.

1 - Select the bank you want to replace, and then load the .lsu files into the different menus the tabs on the left bring up.

2 - This would be the perfect time to test each sound and make sure it's what you want. I personally dislike the clashes that sound just like blaster deflections, but that's just me. (And before anyone calls me out, I know that they usually are based off of Ep 4 and 5, but without the context of those movies it doesn't really work for me)

3 - Once you're done, click on the Write Sounds tab, and if you click the word Save on the bottom, you can save your soundfont as a .lsfgx file, which is what the Load button on the first tab is looking for.

4 - Then, just click Write Sounds.

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #192 on: October 02, 2016, 03:22:19 AM »

You can replace any of those 7 fonts with a new one.  You pick the memory channel you want to load your custom sound font on and then go through and pick a sound for each event and pick a name for your soundfont at the end and save it. What I did first, though, was export the sound font I was replacing so I could restore it later all those sounds at once by opening that file that I just saved.  I forget what the file extension is, but it's like a "theme".

Here's are quotes from Gorobulus and 123outerme in the following thread that give pretty good insight on installing/changing soundfonts on your Obsidian V4 saber:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=27051.0

1. Yes you have to overwrite an existing font. You also have to make sure the new font you want to put on will fit in that soundbanks allotted memory. 8 Soundbanks come standard on the V4, 7 actual soundfonts and one extremely small silent font which has basically nothing in it. If you want to put larger more detailed soundfonts on the V4 then you will have to reduce the number of soundbanks. This will yield more actual memory per soundbank.

2. I keep mine in my downloads file. If you keep them on your desktop and you're a soundfont junkie like I am, very quickly your desktop will be covered in soundfont folders lol As for why you cant find them, have you extracted the files? That would be the only reason I could think of that the launcher program cant see them.

3. There are tons of places to get new soundfonts. There are forum member created fonts here:
http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=11414.0

Ultrasabers themselves have a bunch of them for free here:(scroll down for the download links)
https://www.ultrasabers.com/Sound-Font-p/soundfont-manual.htm

You can also get them from here:
http://saberfont.com/saberFonts.shtml
These ones are not free and most of them were made for other soundboards, however soundfonts are soundfonts and they're all done the same way basically so I would think they would work with the Obsidian as well.

To open the files, assuming you're using the Obsidian Launcher V4, you must open the Sounds Wizard menu in the Obsidian Soundboard tab.

1 - Select the bank you want to replace, and then load the .lsu files into the different menus the tabs on the left bring up.

2 - This would be the perfect time to test each sound and make sure it's what you want. I personally dislike the clashes that sound just like blaster deflections, but that's just me. (And before anyone calls me out, I know that they usually are based off of Ep 4 and 5, but without the context of those movies it doesn't really work for me)

3 - Once you're done, click on the Write Sounds tab, and if you click the word Save on the bottom, you can save your soundfont as a .lsfgx file, which is what the Load button on the first tab is looking for.

4 - Then, just click Write Sounds.

No, I mean it when I say I'm locked with the seven fonts.  Running the Obsidian software and changing the fonts requires a computer running Windows or a Mac.  I have neither, I run a Linux-based operating system on my computers.  I installed the Obsidian software with a Windows compatibility program and it wouldn't interface with the saber.  So, I can't change the fonts on mine.  (if I could, I'd replace the ancient saber sound font)  But, I accepted this sort of limitation when I chose to stop running Windows on my computers.  That's why I got the V4, I wanted options.  Wink

However, have a point for attempting to help.

Lord Bladewraith
Knight Commander

« Reply #193 on: October 02, 2016, 06:46:45 AM »

No, I mean it when I say I'm locked with the seven fonts.  Running the Obsidian software and changing the fonts requires a computer running Windows or a Mac.  I have neither, I run a Linux-based operating system on my computers.  I installed the Obsidian software with a Windows compatibility program and it wouldn't interface with the saber.  So, I can't change the fonts on mine.  (if I could, I'd replace the ancient saber sound font)  But, I accepted this sort of limitation when I chose to stop running Windows on my computers.  That's why I got the V4, I wanted options.  Wink

However, have a point for attempting to help.
Ah ha! The plot thickens. Well shoot then.  Sorry to hear that.  Thanks for the point, though!

scifidude79
Knight Commander

« Reply #194 on: October 02, 2016, 02:50:09 PM »

Ah ha! The plot thickens. Well shoot then.  Sorry to hear that.  Thanks for the point, though!

Well, as I said, it's a limitation I accepted when I chose to run Linux.  There is something I want to try, it involves a 32-bit version of a Linux distribution, the WINE (Microsoft compatibility program) source code and a patch to add USB capability to WINE.  It will be interesting to see how that goes.  Wink

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: