Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Obsidian Lite wiring diagram request.  (Read 6943 times)
Dracul
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 1

« on: September 17, 2016, 03:33:00 AM »

Hello,

Anyone have a diagram for a Obsidian Lite wired to a Tri-cee with a die for FoC?

I'm wiring up a Tri-Cree LED to an extra Obsidian Lite board I have. I figured out most of it, but the FoC/Blade Lock up die doesn't light up with the sounds.

Thank you!

moorecreative
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 03:10:59 PM »

I am refreshing this request from last year... I've searched a bit online and can find many diagrams and notes on the main Obsidian card, but the Obsidian Lite isn't one I'm finding.

I purchased a hilt with it built in to the battery/speaker (which is AWESOME and super stable by the way), but now I'm going to work on some interior lighting for the hilt and I'd like for it to activate on clash. The original wiring I had ordered was for a solid color, no FOC, so I can see that the FOC pin(s) are in the middle of the set, but as I start tinkering, I'd rather not be guessing and accidentally fry the board.

Can anyone post a pin order for the Obsidian Lite Soundboard?

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 03:32:25 PM »

I believe this is what your looking for.

http://www.saberforum.com/index.php?topic=30862.msg463936#msg463936

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

moorecreative
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 3

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 08:00:52 PM »

I tried playing around with that URL a touch, in case trimming off one of the query strings or bookmarks from it would help, but it didn't help.

The message I see when loading the link full is "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

Jediseth
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 828

"If I told you, you wouldn't like it." Han Solo

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 09:27:10 PM »

That's odd. works for me.

Guardian : GB, FOC Red, V4, 11-15                        Reaper: V4, BR, 4-17
Chosen One CE : Emerald, V4, 12-15
Consular: Emerald V4, 1-16
Manticore: BR, FOC Orange, QD, V4, 11-16
Monarch: Emerald, V4, 2016 Autumn Raffle -1st
Arbiter: V4, SD, Silver FOC, QD, 3-17
Archon V2.1, Diamond, 4-17

Crossbow
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2018, 08:27:18 PM »

It doesn't work for me, either.  I've tried it in Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.  Always the same message:   "The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. "  This is whether I'm logged in or not.  Is there some other way you can provide a wiring diagram, or perhaps post it in a different topic?  Am I required to be logged in to see it?

Also, if you are not logged in, do you see the post?  Or does it only appear when you ARE logged in?

Cheers!

Racona Nova
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1116

There is no good or evil....there's only power!

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2018, 08:46:37 PM »

That's because it's a restricted area. Unless you have sufficient access rights, you cannot see that section, post there or create new topics.

To your question, you won't find a wiring diagram with a Tri-Cree and FOC. Simply because FOC and Ultrasabers' Tri-Cree are not compatible. Tri-Cree contains three dies of the same colour, so FOC wouldn't make sense there as it's meant to change the main blade colour upon impacts. On a Tri-Cree you wouldn't see a difference between the main blade and the FOC.

There are other three-die modules (not from Ultrasabers) which would theoretically support FOC because they have different colours, but they need to meet the specs of your saber - especially the voltage and current.

In case you have such an LED, you need to connect the positive of your desired FOC die to the positive coming from the board (VIN) and the negative to the FOC terminal of the board.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Crossbow
Force Sensitive

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 04:43:55 AM »

"That's because it's a restricted area. "

That explains the error message.  And, it is Ultrasabers' policy that we cannot access a wiring diagram for Obsidian Lite, correct?  It's not just a mistake or oversight, right?  Cheers!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2018, 05:34:24 AM »

When you get to a certain amount of posts then you can see it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2018, 06:13:34 PM »

^Exactly. It's not forbidden to have access to them.

Sig by Master Nero
Phantasm v3 LE (Obs v3) - AB w/ FoC AS---Manticore (Obs v3) - BR w/ FoC AS (QD)---Archon v2.1 (Obs v3) - RGBW Emerald

Crossbow
Force Sensitive

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2018, 05:48:34 AM »

Is it fair to ask how many posts?  Also, what's the rationale for restricting it to people with a certain number of posts?  Cheers!

tx_tuff
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1075

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2018, 06:22:36 AM »

The wiring diagram is on the page that you buy the soundboard on. Go to build your own saber, go to sound, click on the soundboard and the if a picture of it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Racona Nova
Knight Commander

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2018, 05:20:43 PM »

Is it fair to ask how many posts?  Also, what's the rationale for restricting it to people with a certain number of posts?  Cheers!

Well, you can ask, of course. But telling you would destroy the surprise, as it's tied to a special forum rank Wink
Why it's restricted...well, the section it's in is more or less in direct contact with the forum admins, Deep and Ultra. And I'm sure you understand that not everyone who enters the forum for the first time should read what is discussed and decided there. You need to have spent at least some time here (i.e. be constructive and helpful in discussions) to be eligible for that section.

Sig by Master Nero

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: