Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: So Anyone Else Ever Notice  (Read 2336 times)
Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: -2034

[Give Light Side Points!] [Give Dark Side Points!]

« on: September 20, 2016, 07:44:58 PM »

As the title says. I did a test of the 2, my Archon and Standard Issue both in Consular Green, but my Archon is slightly brighter in shade. Doesn't bother me just find it kind of odd Tongue Anyone else ever have this happen to sabers? I think the Archon might use a Rebel led and the Standard Issue a P4. Its an Archon V2 so, even on fresh batteries. Just something I thought I'd talk about is all Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO
Next sabers: Dark Prophecy BVA, Negotiator AS, Enigma EG, Brylark CE SY
[/url]SW1 by joshgarcia07[/url

GregG124
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 436

There is only The Force.

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 09:48:03 PM »

I have my CG Arbiter and my CG Dominix and they are very different shades.

Sabers I Own:
Dominix LE V4 (Obsidian V3) - Consular Green
Arbiter (Obsidian Lite) - Consular Green
Liberator V3 (Stunt) - Guardian Blue

Light Side Points Appreciated

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 10:18:01 PM »

Glad to know I'm not the only one or going crazy then Tongue

Sabers: Liberator V3 CG ObsV4 sound!, Graflex GB, Overlord AB, Crimson Savior BR, Bane PO, Dark Initiate V2 LE BH, Shock GB, Archon V2.1 CG, Dark Sentinel LE GB ObSLite!, Standard Issue V3 CG, Dominix V3 LE BR, Sentinel SRD, Dominix V2 FO

MavRick
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 603

May the force be with you! (give light side )

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 11:47:52 PM »

My CG Archon V2.1 and CG Prophecy are the same color, both have sound and silver/foc.

Sabers I own:                                           
 Graflex Tri-cree AB w/s & bronze buttons
 Consular CG w/s an silver foc
 Archon CG w/s an silver foc
 Prophecy CG w/s an silver foc
 Dorinian SRD w/lite s and AB foc
 Exile in CG w/s an silver foc
 Guardian in GB
 Aeon V3 in GB
 Dark Standard Issue BR w/vert grooves
 Dark Apprentice AB (Free)
 Sentinel LE V4 w/windows in SY
 Dark Sentinel LE V5 in AB (Raffle prize)
 Initiate LE V4 in GB
 Dark Initiate V2 in GB (free)
 Franken saber in VA
 Dominix LE V2 in BR (friend)
Wish list: Sound in my Guardian, Dark Prophecy BR

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 12:22:47 AM »

Not sure if you only care about CG, but two of my BRs are slightly different. 

My Dark Catalyst and my Manticore.

I chalk it up to batteries. (Cat has a LITE board).

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 12:31:42 AM »

Well you know me all mine are stunts and use the same batteries as well. So maybe different types of leds are used for certain sabers? Say like fuller looking ones for the higher end sabers?

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2016, 12:35:03 AM »

Well you know me all mine are stunts and use the same batteries as well. So maybe different types of leds are used for certain sabers? Say like fuller looking ones for the higher end sabers?
I thought of that right after I posted...der...lol

Different LEDs is possible.  My Sentinel and Aeon are both lithium, and both GB, but different shades.

Actually, the Aeon keeps me guessing...lol

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2016, 04:56:47 AM »

Also just so I don't feel like I'm spamming, which Fire Orange do you guys like better now days. Regular or Tri? I'm gonna be getting me an Aeon V2 LE in Fire Orange of either so =] Like if I want a nice bright one which is the best?

Benji
Knight Lt. Commander

Force Alignment: 163

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2016, 05:09:12 AM »

Of the sabers I own, I don't really have any 2 that are the same color so I don't know... The Emerald ones sometimes bounce to shades that are close to eachother when I change them, but they're never exactly the same and I keep it that way.

When I get more sabers, I will look out for slight diferences in shades.

I have but four enemies: Envy, Lust, Greed and Lethargy...

Lord Canterbury
Dark Knight of The Scorpion Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -1313

Fish Fingers & Custard

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2016, 12:17:11 PM »

Honestly, I think it has more to do with LED Binning then anything else.

Even from the same manufacturer within the same type of LED - there is going to be variation because of how LEDs are made.  It's never going to be precise from one LED to the next.

This image depicts the "accepted" color range for Luxeon's basic Red LED.  Any LED they make that falls within this range is considered "Red", but as you can see - those that fall on the higher end of the wavelength spectrum may be a bit more "Orangey" in appearance.

Hope that makes sense!  Smiley

Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone, or because I hate someone, or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right! Because it's decent! And above all, it's kind! It's just that. Just kind.

~ The 12th Doctor in "The Doctor Falls"

Rapine
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2016, 01:31:14 PM »

Honestly, I think it has more to do with LED Binning then anything else.

Even from the same manufacturer within the same type of LED - there is going to be variation because of how LEDs are made.  It's never going to be precise from one LED to the next.

This image depicts the "accepted" color range for Luxeon's basic Red LED.  Any LED they make that falls within this range is considered "Red", but as you can see - those that fall on the higher end of the wavelength spectrum may be a bit more "Orangey" in appearance.

Hope that makes sense!  Smiley

That could very well be the visible difference in mine then. Smiley

Thanks Lord C -1

JediXIX
Alchemist of the Sentinel Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 1172

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2016, 01:16:05 AM »

Yep . . . points Lord C  Smiley

Zren, I'm very fussy about green, and have certainly noticed differences in the green LED's . . . so much so that I didnt realise how different they could be until I got my Tri-CG (my ABSOLUTE favourite LED blade colour) . . . The green diode looks markedly different to my eyes between the different LED stars that US use in their sabers, so you are definitely not alone on this  Smiley

And on your other question, I'd highly recommend Tri-FO over the standard FO . . .

Remember... The Force will be with you... Always . . . (Just let it in)

Lord Japarco
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 479

Keep your concentration here and now,...

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2016, 09:41:26 AM »

Hi... First of all, point for Canterbury, great info...

I only have my Tri CG, and can't compare with a regular CG, but compared to my GB Guardian and AB Prophecy I can say that not only the Tri CG looks brighter, but its also a much deeper color and the blade is much more evenly lit...

They say that FO is the dimmest  color, so the TRI is the best option...

http://s1074.photobucket.com/user/Japarco/media/Sentinel%20V4/ffc14996-49bb-425b-9122-f4cd848e3103_zpszdtmyzgk.jpg.html
My Lightsabers:
Sentinel V4 - Tri Consular Green - Obsidian V4
The Guardian - Guardian Blue - Silver Flash on Clash - Obsidian V3 (2nd Summer Raffle 2016 2nd Place Prize)
Wife's Lightsaber: Prophecy V3 - Arctic Blue - Obsidian V3

Zren Tobas
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2016, 06:25:03 PM »

Hmm. Okay. I might actually get something totally different and unique and hardly seen so ;o No details this time until then so

B1ondeange1
Game Master
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 3214

You can't take the sky from me....

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 02:03:50 AM »

My two arctic blues are very different shades, something that's become more noticeable with age. When I'm doing costuming events my sabers will literally run for hours at a time with only short breaks and can get excruitatingly hot-a testament to their build quality really because they get a bit of abuse, though on circa 40C days I do have to keep them turned off unless for photos coz the hilts get so hot near the MLSs it almost burns your hands Tongue The charge state/ age of the batteries also definitely affects the colour, and the longer I run them the more noticable it looks.

I don't use my CG manticores as much but I haven't noticed a difference in them. I wouldn't be surprised if they are, nor would I be worried if there was a small difference.

M4-QT droid
Shayla Jaste Cosplay
Perth Spartans

archon v2.1, consular, dominix v3 LE, bellicose, 2x dark initiate v3 LE, dark initiate v2 LE, Aeonix v2, raven, 2x shock, 2x manticore, electrum wind em/v4 obs

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: