Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Author Topic: strongest most durable saber for smashing other sabers  (Read 2816 times)
Cesora
Force Sensitive

Force Alignment: 0

« on: October 10, 2011, 08:16:23 AM »

Im quite new to ultrasabers and i was wondering which is the strongest handel and blade for dueling. When i say dueling i mean the type were you just smash the crap out of each other. Which colour would look best in these type of blades? Also I am on a tight buget of $80 and under without postage. Any help at all would be a great help.

Stockton
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 67

Leave Your Legacy - Light side point please!

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 08:34:58 AM »

To be honest, ANY of these sabers will hold up just as good as the other. There is no "better" hilt per say. Its all a preference for the most part. More than likely with and $80 budget you will be limited to any of the Aeon, Dominix or Standard Issue hilts. The new V3 hilts all seem really great so i would recommend any of those.

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 02:34:35 PM »

The little swordsman inside me is screaming right now. Please don't smash anything.

navajas
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -19

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 02:51:23 PM »

The brutal A-hole in me says, "Smash away kid", but be wary of the consequences. You've got $80, your choices are obviously limited to that. Just pick the one that looks coolest. Be aware that you will be hitting each other with functionally unbreakable clubs, so, don't be an idiot.

LE Initiate - Green (for my son)
FreeSaber Archon - Red (for my other son)
Nickel Prophecy - Arctic Blue (for my Mom)
Initiate V3 LE - Destiny (for my wife)
Bane RGB - white FoC (for my brother)
Vermathax - Yellow / Silver / Purple, custom
Archon V2 - Green (amber FoC, *goodies)

Master Artorius Vidnyl
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 759

Suns of the Force

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 03:13:31 PM »

Ultrasabers designs every hilt to be battle worthy and affordable.  As many people have cautioned please be careful.  While these products are not intended to be dangerous they can easily cause bruising, break teeth (I would know) and crack bones.  If you are being honest in that you plan to "swing away" without regard then I highly recommend to invest in some safety gear as I'm sure you've already considered.

In addition to safety gear you'll want to get a heavy grade blade.  These blades are designed for people who, like you, intend to beat them into oblivion.  I have a few of them myself and they are nearly indestructible.  As for color just consult the Ultrasabers main page.  Those pictures are very accurate representations of the colors in person.  They all look very impressive in person, so the "best looking color" will be a personal preference for everyone.

Understand that the forum members tend to treat each other like family.  Their words are concern for your safety, nothing more.

Cheers.  And if you have any other questions please post them!

KenshinTrigger
Knight Sergeant

Force Alignment: 3

Good... Bad.... I'm the guy with the saber.

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 06:27:08 PM »

Yeah pretty much the definition of an Ultrasaber is that it is designed to be beaten to hell. Aircraft grade aluminum is kinda perfect for that, especially in simple designs, though honestly I hate using it in any other work since it doesn't weld easy and can barely be forged. In fact that unusual behavior to heat is what makes it so good otherwise, since its barely effected by temperature changes, after all since planes are over a mile in the air where its so cold and such yet have massive heat spewing engines.

I'd say almost any of them can stand up to ridiculous punishment, but if you want something in hand that literally feels like its too heavy to be destroyed, any of the v2 or v3 models of the aeon, initiate, or dominix works. In fact I think the v3's might actually be a little bit thicker than the v2s. those are also the lease expensive since they are so simple, but luckily the v3's are MHS compatible, meaning you can get TCSS MHS parts from anywhere to screw onto the hilt. could even get a few additional MHS extensions and make a tonfa saber with an adapter (Something I hope to do one day).

As for blades, the standard midgrades are ok and pretty durable, but if your truly looking for indestructible, heavy grade is the way to go. you pretty much would never need another blade after that, since their practically inch thick (maybe a little less?) of polycarbonate tubing. they flex but don't break, worse things that happened to mine was that the tip popped off, and all I did there was put some glue on it and slide it back in good as new.

So to summarize, you pretty much can have your pick of the lot within your price range if you want something crazy durable. just make sure to also specify you want a heavy grade. and I will say I think the brighter colors (like artic blue) go better with the ultra edge heavy grade, but more of the traditional colors (green and guardian blue for exable) go better with the clear heavy grades.

Initiate - guardian blue
Initiate LE - Consular Green
Dark Initiate LE - Blazing Red
Liberator - Arctic Blue
Consular - consular green

RLYHYPERGUY
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 178

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 08:15:49 PM »

Get the Prophecy. It feels absolutely solid, like it will never fail on you! EVER! If you're going for durability though don't get the Liberator. I have one myself and there's a major design flaw in the saber: the retention screw hole is on the emitter. Because of this, the blade socket is not very deep so the blade does not feel secure. Also, the emitter is thinner than the rest of the saber so there's a VERY good chance of your threads getting stripped! This happened to me and I had to drill and tap a new hole! Anyways, get the Prophecy. It's the cheapest and most durable saber I can think of right now. The Standard Issue seems great to me also.

Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 09:12:43 AM »

Most important when selecting a hilt is probably it's shape and feel when u hold it in your hand. Some pople like clean simple hilts that are extreamley easey to spin, some like activation boxes and choke points, to realy grab in to the saber.

For 1st use,i would personaly sugest a "clean" hilt, like a Dominix V2 or a Aeon V2. Theese have no choke points and no activation boxes or anything. Simple grooved hilt. The reason im saing this is, if u never had a lightsaber or any other sword, and are new to the whole spinning and dueling thing, you will probably develop your own personal preferances when holding and spining your saber. Some people like to hold it in the middle, some like to hold it realy high. it all depends on the balance of the saber and your own personal preferance. Some people dont mind saber beeing not pefectly balanced, some of us go to great lenghts to achive that. Anyways, i got 2 Aeons with 32" UEGH and standard 36" mid grades, and i must say standard mid grade (or ultraedge midgrade) works allmost perfect for balancing your saber(in this case a Aeon or Dominix V2). Spinning becomes efortless. You allmost get the feeling you are not the one spinning the saber, it spins itself, and you are nearly guiding it. Hard to discribe Smiley But if you plan on hard contact, go heavy grade, ultraedge or standard.

Anyways, do some research on the forum. If you cant find what you are looking for, just ask Smiley

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

Saberstar
Knight Officer

Force Alignment: 9

Peep poop peep!!!

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 07:22:37 PM »

great post.. Is the heavy-grade as bright as the mid-grade? Not Ultra edge..

Lightsabers:                                                                               
"Luke ANH" ultra Fx GB
"Arbiter"GB Customized
"Standard Issue" SRD
"Consular" AB/CG Customized
"Initiate" Limited Edition AB 
"Bellicose" AS blue FoC,

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 07:53:39 PM »

My two cents would be to get a Standard Issue. I have the old V2 of that one and it is a battle trooper. I literally had an opponent THROW one in a fight once (long story short, it's a normal thing and we know how not to hurt ourselves when he does this lol DON'T try it yourself though) and it landed on asphalt, then skidded a few feet. Nothing worse for the wear except a couple light scratches. Also a great clean and easy hilt to use, and the V2 had a sleek grip alot like a bokken in size.

If you want some detail and ridged gripping and choke point areas, go for the Prophecy. It's also a great and durable hilt, perfect for one or two handed dueling and will take loads of punishment as well (any US saber will), and it just looks AWESOME.

Both of these hilts are also easily customized at a later date if you wish. As far as blades and colors, I say get a standard Heavy Grade (non Ultra Edge). Durable as all hell, and they don't wash out any of the color like the Ultra Edges sometimes do. If you do decide for an Ultra Edge blade, then I say don't get any of the lighter colors. UE makes things a little more pastel generally, and things like Fire Orange or Sentinel Yellow have a reputation for not looking good in them at all.

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 08:07:25 PM »

My two cents would be to get a Standard Issue. I have the old V2 of that one and it is a battle trooper. I literally had an opponent THROW one in a fight once (long story short, it's a normal thing and we know how not to hurt ourselves when he does this lol DON'T try it yourself though) and it landed on asphalt, then skidded a few feet. Nothing worse for the wear except a couple light scratches. Also a great clean and easy hilt to use, and the V2 had a sleek grip alot like a bokken in size.

If you want some detail and ridged gripping and choke point areas, go for the Prophecy. It's also a great and durable hilt, perfect for one or two handed dueling and will take loads of punishment as well (any US saber will), and it just looks AWESOME.

Both of these hilts are also easily customized at a later date if you wish. As far as blades and colors, I say get a standard Heavy Grade (non Ultra Edge). Durable as all hell, and they don't wash out any of the color like the Ultra Edges sometimes do. If you do decide for an Ultra Edge blade, then I say don't get any of the lighter colors. UE makes things a little more pastel generally, and things like Fire Orange or Sentinel Yellow have a reputation for not looking good in them at all.

Deep has a blade description thread which also includes his opinion on what colors look best in what blades.

and i can attest to the durability of the prophecy.  i was doing some fancy spinning with two blades and more than once have i smacked togehter 2 hilts at high speed.  my prophecy now has some battle damage with chips in the aluminum but still is alive and kickin.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Manroon
Protector of Abused Dungeon Rancors
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 832

Nova Six, two lit and in the green.

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 08:18:35 PM »

I dropped my prophecy nose first on concrete. I think the concrete cried.  Grin

I am not a color...

A Knight can serve only one Master.

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 08:20:28 PM »

I dropped my prophecy nose first on concrete. I think the concrete cried.  Grin

They really are insane.  I dropped Artorius's Bellicose on pavement one time... we both just stared for a moment in horror.  I think we both almost broke down in tears.  The result?  A couple little dings in his pommel, no effect whatsoever on performance.  THAT is what you get when you buy from these guys  Grin

imperialknight23
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 154

I will remember you brothers and sisters, Always.

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 08:44:56 PM »

They really are insane.  I dropped Artorius's Bellicose on pavement one time... we both just stared for a moment in horror.  I think we both almost broke down in tears.  The result?  A couple little dings in his pommel, no effect whatsoever on performance.  THAT is what you get when you buy from these guys  Grin

i dont have a stunt saber, but i can still feel the same horror of dropping a sound equipped saber. (all those fragile electronics in there!)

that right there is impressive.

Prophecy SRD  Lucrecia
Drk Initiate V2 LE AS Redemption
Drk Initiate V3 LE GB Hope
Bellicose DVA AB  Lumineux

Jammo
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 326

Hawk-Bat Leader

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 09:31:20 PM »

My Aeon was thrown once...

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up