Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: V4 Sound Board glitch?  (Read 1610 times)
Jemmer
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« on: September 24, 2016, 09:21:08 AM »

Hello Forum. I'm a new user. My Manticore CE with emerald and Obsidian V4 sound is a week old. Something I have observed, which is a consistent and 100% reproducible problem is - after using / spinning it for 10 mins or so the board just quits. No sounds - no hum, no motion sounds, no clash sounds, nothing. Although the flash on clash and the blade pulse continues to function normally. SO i power off the hilt and turn it back on to have the sound board make noise again.

This happens whether the battery is at a full charge, or nearly used up entirely. SO I wondered if anyone else has experienced this with their new V4 Obsidian boards? If so, have you discovered a solution so the sound board does not cut off after 10 mins and continues to run as long as there is power to feed it? If not, what do you suggest I do to eliminate this problem?

Or is this just a feature of every soundboard on any saber - an intermittent sound board that randomly quits?

Cheers Smiley

Jemmer

Manticore CE - (Obsidian V4) - Emerald RGBW

Rapine
Honoured Recipient of the Warlord Order
SaberForum.Com Moderator
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -3020

Always scanning the horizon...

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 12:36:20 PM »

I've never experienced anything like that Jemmer.

Bummer.  I'd email US customer service directly for an answer to that one.

Stay positive man...

"The thing that always drives me hazy, is wondering whether it's them or me who's crazy." ~ A. Einstein

Jemmer
Knight Aspirant

Force Alignment: 0

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 03:00:13 PM »

OK. Thanks for the suggestion. I was going to do that anyway, I was just hoping someone had this problem and resolved it on their own so I wouldn't be wasting US customer service's time. Its weird though. Being my first saber and only having gotten into the community 8 days new, I am really dumb about all this. I don't know if I'm overheating the board, if something is arcing out, or if its a common issue. I'm genuinely curious.

PS not bummed or upset or anything about. Its just a lighsaber. lol

Cheers Smiley

Jemmer

Manticore CE - (Obsidian V4) - Emerald RGBW

scifidude79
8-bit Defender of the Aeon Order
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: 2106

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 04:22:33 PM »

That's what customer service is there for.  You definitely want to get them involved while it's still under warranty, in case they have you send it in for repairs.

StarWarsForce
Knight Major

Force Alignment: -106

Light or Dark Points? You choose!

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 04:33:37 PM »

Nah, I don't think this is a waste of US customer service--definitely get it checked out. If anything, when the batteries drain to near zero, the lights will go out before the sound. So if this is happening in reverse and at any level of battery charge, I'd say it's an issue that should definitely be checked out and covered by warranty. Good luck!

Sabers I own (in order of how I got them):
Dominix LE V4--AS--Stunt
Consular--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Manticore CE--Emerald RGBW--V4 Sound
Crimson Reaper--Tri AS--V4 Sound (Free Premium GB)
Dark War Glaive Body/Crimson Reaper Emitter/Crimson Mantis Pommel Mix--BR--Stunt (Free Premium GB)
Dark Prophecy V3--DVA--V4 Sound
Initiate LE V4--CG--Lite Sound (2nd Summer Raffle Win, 4th Prize, 2016)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: