Click here for lightsabers
  • Home
  • Help
  • Login
  • Register
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Standard battery setup to Li-ion setup DIY questions  (Read 851 times)
Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« on: October 10, 2011, 10:58:55 AM »

Hey Saberforum

Im planning to upgrade my battery setup from normal to li-ion. Ill be doing this with my 2 Aeons (both blazing red).

Curently the Aeons use 2x AAA 1.5V standard cells. i found this ok, till i got my Consular with the Li-ion setup. The diference in brightness and most of all brightness durability is just awesome. Your blade is lit up as good as it can be, for the whole duration of the cell, while with normal setup and normal cells u get 30 mins of good brightness and u can allready see the blade loose some brightness. Li-ion truly is the way to go!

In order to upgrade my setup, ill have to replace the existing 2 AAA battery pack from my Aeons and use one or two AA Li-ion cells instead. By doing so i would be changing the curent, and therfore i have to use a resistor to not burn out my LED. I found some resistor charts for LEDs and my 1st question would be:

"What kind of leds do a Aeon use ? RED LUX III or  red P4 ?"

If i am to use the right resistor, this is important to know. Doh Smiley

Ok, next off is the build itself. I red on the forum that Li-ion cant be done in a old type of saber like Dominix V2 and a standard isssue, but thats probably due to extra cram-foo it needs to fit everything inside.  Whatever the case may be, ill try to do it anyway and see where it leads me.

I was told, that i can use only one Li-ion cell that has 3.7V and a resistorr and this will work. I allso know if i would be using 2x AA li-ion cells i would have to wire them corectly not to duble my voltage but to duble the duration of cells (saber use).

"How would i have to wire the 2 AA cells, one after another or paralel?"

I found a diagram im sure is right, for a single AA 3.7V cell:

All good and sweet, but in order to put a resistor there i would have to ger inside my hilt.

Can it be done like this ?

Im no electrician, so i dont know if this is even posible, but it would be MUTCH easier to install Smiley

For dual cell setup i drew this up. Would this give me twice about of cell time, or woild it blow in my face ? (If the resistor can even be there)

I know fitting 2 AA cells in a Aeon will be tricky, but if that fails i can still go with a single cell. It will only "hurt" the lifetime of the cell (saber use)

I would be happy if anyone would be so kind and tell me if im on the right path here Smiley

Thanks

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

Vex
Knight Commander

Force Alignment: -402

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 11:33:17 AM »

I don't think the Li-Ion pack will fit in your Aeon if they are the V2 version. They are  not AA size, they are actually a bit bigger and so is the batt pack they go into. Email shipping@ultrasabers.com to verify this

dark side points please

Maslac
Knight Ensign

Force Alignment: -17

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 12:42:20 PM »

The battery pack was never the plan. If all else fails ill do it without the pack, just cells.

Anakin 2010 FX - blue (not converted yet)
Phantasm - 2x blazing red ; modified with claws (pics soon)
Consular - Blazing red/guardian blue ; modified with War glaive pommel

Master Nero Attoru
Resident Master
Forum Elder
Knight Commander
OVER 9000!!

Force Alignment: 1641

Suns of the Force

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 04:03:28 PM »

I'm not 100% sure what LED they use, don't work for them.  I do know they don't use the Lux III ones anymore, only Seoul P4 and Lux Rebel Star to my knowledge.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Send this topic | Print
Jump to: